Ended a guided playthrough with 35/37 conversations, best way to get the missing ones?

Varhur

Seems like i didn't got off easy and this glitch caught me as well. I was using general collectibles guide by 360GameTV and all other collectible trophies popped without any problems, just conversations. I already tried the far Firefly sign at University, but the number didn't went up.

Next step on my 100% journey would be NG+ and i think that finishing convos here would be the best option to avoid wasting too much time on Grounded+, but i remember seeing people that said that they've done 3-4 or even more playthroughs, just because of this. How do i make sure that i can get the trophy on 2nd playthrough and not later?

Plus, i'm kinda worried, as majority of people complaining about this glitch were talking about one missing, meanwhile i'm missing two and the most popular one ain't the case...

7 minutes ago, Cleggworth said:

You need to save before a conversation. Then trigger the conversation. Check your stats, if the conversations hasn't gone up by one reload and try again until it does. That's all you can do

And how i can be sure that the convo is already counted? I have no idea which ones didn't counted for me.

Edited by Varhur

20 minutes ago, Varhur said:

And how i can be sure that the convo is already counted? I have no idea which ones didn't counted for me.

You might want to back up all your data and delete everything and do it fresh. That way you can know for sure they are not counted when you start.

• Like 1

Or you can just do as said above, do the NG+ playthrough, save before every conversation, "pick it up" a few times, to be sure it counted, somewhere you're gonna find the one you missed and it should pop. If not, delete everything game related and do a speedrun on easy collecting shit. It can be done in one day.

• Like 1

The most common convos to glitch are the ones that have more than one trigger: Use chapter select to jump around a bit, but don't stop playing until you've hit a checkpoint after triggering a convo.

- At UEC before entering the dorms there are three triggers for the convo about the Firefly graffiti. Try all three and see if that ups your number.

- In the last room/area when holding your ground with David, there are two corpses, one on the ground and one against a wall. Both have a trigger for the same convo. Try both.

There may be more than those, but I can't recall any others atm.

Edited by Quaddo1
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Quaddo1 said:

The most common convos to glitch are the ones that have more than one trigger: Use chapter select to jump around a bit, but don't stop playing until you've hit a checkpoint after triggering a convo.

- At UEC before entering the dorms there are three triggers for the convo about the Firefly graffiti. Try all three and see if that ups your number.

- In the last room/area when holding your ground with David, there are two corpses, one on the ground and one against a wall. Both have a trigger for the same convo. Try both.

Good points. Another place that causes problems is Ellie giving you the picture before you jump through the bus and anything involved in the bookstore. You need to keep in mind that if you aren’t standing in the right place or bump into her it can glitch. All of this can be solved by a fresh run. If you do chapter select things get dicey. I never used it and I have both the PS3 and PS4 version complete.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Varhur said:

Fresh playthrough I am afraid. I had an issue with the comics personally and had to do the same thing. If you leave it til last you'll know the game inside out and can blast through it very quickly. Good luck!

19 hours ago, HaserPL said:

Or you can just do as said above, do the NG+ playthrough, save before every conversation, "pick it up" a few times, to be sure it counted, somewhere you're gonna find the one you missed and it should pop. If not, delete everything game related and do a speedrun on easy collecting shit. It can be done in one day.

Shouls 2-3 "pick-ups" be enough to determine if the convo counted or not?

15 hours ago, Quaddo1 said:

Corpses with David counted, now at 36! Btw, two things - one, are the graffitis you're talking about in Go, Big Horns!" subchapter? If yes, where is the third one? I remember seeing two of them.

EDIT: Found them all, tried doing them on foot and on horse, that wasn't it.

Edited by Varhur

And now Joel keeps walking backwards no matter what i do. This is going to be a long road for platinum...

Yes, this carried to NG+. What the fuck honestly...

I even tried using an older save file, one right after ending the game and it's still there...

And reinstalling didn't helped.

And making new save file didn't helped either.

Edited by Varhur

Back on the PS3 version I was following the official game guide and one of the conversations it lists as counting was not true. The one I missed was at Tommy's dam. IIRC, when touring the dam with Tommy there is a random woman with the conversation prompt shortly before the fire fight.

Remember, you can do the conversations using chapter select as well. You can also start mid chapter if needed. You can go through every conversation via chapter select in about 3 hours on easy difficulty.

PS4Trophies has a good guide where he lists the conversations per sub-chapter.

Edited by HusKy

4 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Remember, you can do the conversations using chapter select as well. You can also start mid chapter if needed. You can go through every conversation via chapter select in about 3 hours on easy difficulty.

PS4Trophies has a good guide where he lists the conversations per sub-chapter.

Right now my game broke completely with installing patch resetting my console, so i guess that this is other problem for now. And if i fix that, my character keeps walking backwards without any inputs... Jesus, this game...

Edited by Varhur

Last post for a moment, because something interesting happened. From beginning - i was trying to see if convo from talking to Ellie where she gives you picture with Joel and Sarah. At one point i started crouching instead of slow walking (faster and didn't caused issues earlier). In the end i think i caught a glitch - Joel kept walking backwards despite no inputs given. That bug kept on appearing on different save files, new game, new game+ and even after reinstalling the game. Only after deleting the game and save file (copied to USB) it disappeared for good.

So i copied my save file back to the game and thankfully it didn't reappeared. But, interesting thing - all my collectibles, conversations and numbers of game finished are wiped. Zero anything collectible-related, everything else, like kills, deaths, damage taken, accuracy, time in-game etc. stayed there. I also can start NG+.

So i guess i got the best of two worlds - can continue with walkthrough as i did before and i have easy way to track conversations.

if they could count properly this time, i'd be glad

9 hours ago, Varhur said:

Right now my game broke completely with installing patch resetting my console, so i guess that this is other problem for now. And if i fix that, my character keeps walking backwards without any inputs... Jesus, this game...

What patch was that, pray tell?

Sometimes the game doesn't count conversations (and shiv doors) if you die shortly after picking them up. Especially on Grounded you don't have a lot of checkpoints, which is why I always double checked the area if I died. I suggest checking the harder encounter areas first.

Edited by Everz00