Man I Suck at this Game

JaneAusten69

Revisiting this game as I'm trying to clean up some of my old trophy lists and I have no idea why I'm so bad at this.  I die constantly and I have it set to easy. I can't shoot anything and I just feel lost overall.  I'm not blaming the game either, I just suck. 

Does anyone have any tips that worked for them?  I've never played a Far Cry before, so maybe that's it?  I know I'm still really early in the game (level 5) but I normally don't struggle this early in a game, especially when the game is considered easy. 

Edited by JaneAusten69

Even on Easy difficulty I still died a number of times in some missions in the original Far Cry 3. I'm guessing Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon is the same ordeal.

I don't consider myself good at first person shooters even though I've done a handful of them. Maybe you just need to practice some more.

13 hours ago, Helyx said:

Blood Dragon was one of the most relaxed FPS games I've ever played. Maybe just take it slow?

Yeah for sure. Honestly, I think I just suck at FPS overall.  Outside of Borderlands, I've never been good at them.

I'm sure I can get through it, I was just hoping for something easy/relaxing since I just got finished with a challenging game.

Use stealth where you can even if it's for the first part of a mission then when cover is blown go loud and all out. I played 3 a good load before this and still died a bunch from what I remember.

Just don't beat yourself up about it as you don't lose anything aside from a little set back in location, the quicker you make peace with it the quicker you will have fun going back and hunting who got you. Also the game is designed to be tongue-in-cheek 80s movie aesthetic so the enemy count can be absurd at points, it gets easier when you upgrade, get more health etc. I found the pistol for stealth along with shurikens best. The Sniper is great for range and powerful. Also remember your D20 to lure enemies places and stay away from Blood Dragons! (on easy it looks like you can take them and get close but it's a waste of resources until they are hunting missions) 

Just have fun with it, it's a unique experience and i personally loved all the Terminator references in it. Was so sad they havent continued doing it for each FC game. Good Luck Soldier! 

Edited by TOAST13TOA5T
  • Like 1

Upgrades do alot in far cry games. You have to take it slow for the first few hours, keep your distance, use stealth, rack up kills for exp.

After a while it will get extremely easy due to your character becoming OP.

Also blood dragon has weird (read ugly imo) neon graphics that does not help the gameplay. So you probably aldo have yo get used to it.

Give it some time...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TOAST13TOA5T said:

Use stealth where you can even if it's for the first part of a mission then when cover is blown go loud and all out. I played 3 a good load before this and still died a bunch from what I remember.

Just don't beat yourself up about it as you don't lose anything aside from a little set back in location, the quicker you make peace with it the quicker you will have fun going back and hunting who got you. Also the game is designed to be tongue-in-cheek 80s movie aesthetic so the enemy count can be absurd at points, it gets easier when you upgrade, get more health etc. I found the pistol for stealth along with shurikens best. The Sniper is great for range and powerful. Also remember your D20 to lure enemies places and stay away from Blood Dragons! (on easy it looks like you can take them and get close but it's a waste of resources until they are hunting missions) 

Just have fun with it, it's a unique experience and i personally loved all the Terminator references in it. Was so sad they havent continued doing it for each FC game. Good Luck Soldier! 

1 hour ago, colia100 said:

Upgrades do alot in far cry games. You have to take it slow for the first few hours, keep your distance, use stealth, rack up kills for exp.

After a while it will get extremely easy due to your character becoming OP.

Also blood dragon has weird (read ugly imo) neon graphics that does not help the gameplay. So you probably aldo have yo get used to it.

Give it some time...

Awesome, thanks for the feedback guys!   And I have been enjoying all of the 80's references for sure!

Edited by JaneAusten69
  • Like 1