New Games That the PS5 Will Launch With

Redninja-222

Have no idea, but BluePoint games have not confirmed their upcoming project is for PS5.

Naughty Dog are not getting a launch title out that quickly. Just like PS4, they're going to be late again on PS5. And if they remain as predictable as they've been since starting the Uncharted series, then I can see another Lost Legacy-esque installment later on in the generation to start off with, if not TLOU(P)3.

Ghost of Tsushima has also been blatantly confirmed as a PS4 title, and like ND in that game development for them is too strenuous to split up teams, there's no reason to believe Sucker Punch will also have a brand new title out. 

Horizon Zero Dawn 2 as a launch title would suck a bit because it'd be their first game on new hardware, and, thus it'd have some shortcomings as a result. Rather see it as a middle-ish installment that comes at least 2 years after launch.

All that said, I don't really know what I'd like to see. A lot of my favorite series have already been getting sequels and are still getting them currently (Shantae, Dying Light, Dragon Ball, etc) this generation. Can never go wrong with a new Playstation exclusive arcade racer. Overall, I'd just rather see new IPs (Bloodborne, Dying Light, Mad Max, etc, like those) and sequels in franchises that haven't actually become series yet (Alien Isolation, Team Sonic Racing, Styx 3 could actually work, etc) because i'm not a fan of the quality of launch installments from established series.

Edited by EcoShifter

19 minutes ago, HOGIE838IRE said:

With the new X-Box due as well they may lunch together and share servers and we can all eat in the same place!

God of War 2 is a definite I'd say because there's no doubt that will be a trilogy!

Dont jump right to the desert, a sequel is pretty sure a trilogy might be too much for our stomach.

Also for me the blue point remake is pretty ibvious. It will be ICO imo.

Edited by SKyZoX9

- Knack 3

- HzD 2 is possible or maybe a little after launch

- Whatever Bluepoint is working on

- Resident Evil 3 Remake

- Resistance trilogy remaster

- A new IP

I wouldn't expect to see anything about GoW2 or Spiderman 2 for at least a year after launch. Probably won't be hearing anything about Days Gone for a while either.

The Last of Us™ Remastered Remastered , Fallout 76 HD, Skyrim, Super Yummy Candy Cane Worm Adventure DX: Just Pay To Plat Edition, Untitled Censored Lewd Anime Project, FIFA 21, Untitled Word Project by POWGI, Marvel's Avengers, That Sony game with lesbians, The other one, P.T. , Assassin's Creed: Endgame, 無題の小島プロジェクト,  Seven Days in Fallujah, Wolfenstein: Return To Drumpf's America, Bully 2, Rape: Definitive Edition, Cabela's Big Game Hunter: Elite Squad

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paleblood said:

Spoken like a true anarchist....

...who buys all the remakes anyway.

cool cool cool cool cool cool

Without remasters of games from last gen, I wouldn't be using my PS4 so yeah I'll buy them if the next gen is as stale as this one. Right now though I've zero interest in another generation of gaming.

• Like 1

A new Uncharted prequel where Nathan Drake has been redone to look like Tom Holland. Drake will skip out of high school to go adventuring with Dora and Boots (voiced again by Danny Trejo ftw) though Swiper's involvement has yet to be confirmed.

Edited by Kevvik

1 minute ago, DarkSoleride said:

Xenosaga Trilogy HD Remaster (one can dream) 

All my joking aside, I would love to see this happen. Just put it all in one package so I don't have to talk myself into buying Episode II by itself.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

Just tweeted Mark Cerny and he sent me this list:

- The Last of Us Remastered Remastered

- Madden 18 Remastered

- 36 Fragments of Midnight Remastered

- YouTube

i heard ratalakia games will be remastering all of their previous titles to bring to ps5 so trophy hunters can have another stack to collect

• Like 1

Witcher Trilogy remasters, and Serious Sam Trilogy Remasters......

come on, I was hoping for Witcher 1 and 2, alongside Serious Sam 1 and 2 to comes over to Playstation platforms since the ps3, even with the ps4 it never happen, at least yet.

played Witcher 3 and Serious Same 3 and felt like I missed some key story stuff, in W3 you will talk to some NPC that geralt knew since way too long that I had no idea who the hell are they, and SS3 ended in a cliffhanger back to the first game which I never played before.

28 minutes ago, Kevvik said:

All my joking aside, I would love to see this happen. Just put it all in one package so I don't have to talk myself into buying Episode II by itself.

LOL. Nothing could talk me into that.

Anyway, I agree with another poster in this thread that we'll see a lot of retreads again, which is fine, because it means I'm in no hurry to pick up the new system. Retreads are retreads, whether they play on the PS5 or the PS4.