New Games That the PS5 Will Launch With

Redninja-222

3 minutes ago, Sky_RykerXD said:

Order 1886 : Wolves Among Us

A properly built sequel or reboot to The Order 1886 would honestly be cool in my book. The game had some cool concepts behind it (I particularly loved the weapons). The overall package was just severely lacking and was not worth the 60 dollar price point. It was a great tech demo / proof of concept and I'd love to see it revisited.

Also....just give me The Wolf Among Us S2 under a new studio already. Easily the greatest casualty of the Telltale Closure, game wise.

• Like 1

In all honesty with the way they're releasing information, I wouldn't expect a AAA game at all -AT LAUNCH-.

I hope I'm wrong.

But 2021 yes I do think we'll see Horizon Zero Dawn 2, bloodhound 2, etc (no God of War though, I expect that many years later)

There's been confirmation from a few insiders that games have been in production for ps5 since 2017 at least(and probably earlier).

So there will be launch titles.

The question is, will they be enough for a launch.

I think that's the most interesting for me, what games that have been kept under lock and key will be launch titles

1 hour ago, DargoJ said:

Would love a new SOCOM, I know there were rumours that Guerilla hired more store and now has 2 teams, so possibly another Killzone as well.

Yes GG does have a second team and I would love to see the KZ franchise revisited. I still think there is a lot of potential in that universe. Pretty excited for another HZD from them.

As far as what I'd like to see at launch other than the obvious. I'm sure we will get the next COD, Battlefield,  Assassin's Creed, Madden, Fifa all at launch.

I think the Bluepont will be there (or very close)

I am still curious what this new studio Sony built is up to. There was rumors they were working on the next Uncharted.

Honestly I don't know what could be Sony exclusives at launch. I'd like to see one of the heavy hitters but I don't know how much development time they have had.

Next installment of Resident Evil

Horizon Zero Dawn 2

Dead Space 4 or remaster

New Crash Bandicoot game

Alien Isolation 2

Sly Cooper remaster or new game

Sonic the Hedgehog game

Assassins Creed game

A couple of new IP games from Sony

7 hours ago, Jasko_SOA said:

The smartest thing to do for Sony would be a deal (behind closed doors obviously) with Rockstar games so that both companies release their product at the same date , i.e. Ps5 for Sony and Gta VI for R*.

I would be a day 1 buyer and many others too I believe.

Must be the dumbest thing ever. All big triple A games wont release at launch when only a few million people will have a ps5. The best time to release a big game is when most people have a ps5. And that wont be when the ps5 just launched. Late 2022 at the earliest when we are going to see the big triple A games including rockstar games

Edited by LucienNL

I don't think there's anything likely to happen that'd be enough to sell me on day one. I'm expecting some games that are also on or aimed to be on PS4 (Ghost of Tsushima, The Last of Us Pt. II), maybe a new Horizon, some racing game I probably won't bother with because it isn't WipEout,  maybe a couple of new IPs that'll have promise but likely won't quite live up to the hype, whatever Insomniac is working on, some stuff I'll be interested in picking up, but nothing that'll sell me early on. Can't really think of anything that will either. Maybe except for Gravity Rush 3. I can dream.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I'll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

Bro thats like the only line of text from GTA San Andreas that i cant forget

I hope for a new Infamous game, or a new Killzone, havent heard from both for a long time 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Redninja-222 said:

With the lunch time revealed for the PS5 I want to know what new games you guys think it will lunch with.  Here's my list : Horizon Zero Dawn 2 or a new Uncharted game                                                                                                                                     

No way it's going to be a new Uncharted game. TLOU2 comes out next year.

Horizon Zero Dawn 2 is a decent guess. I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with Knack 3 at launch lol. Horizon would be the only possibility of a more popular game coming out at launch.

Sony won't have a bunch of AAA super popular franchises at launch because the PS5 will sell just because it's the PS5 and something new. They don't need those "console seller games" at launch. They'll wait for PS5 sales to start to dip a little bit or slow down from the initial launch, then they'll start announcing games like God of War, GTA, Any Naughty Dog game.... games like that. THAT will start boosting the sales of the PS5 more.... then those games will get released once the PS5 sales start to level off/slow down.

It's a business and money is everything to them. If they come out with games from popular franchises at launch... they will be remasters.