DOOM Eternal (March 20, 2020)

ziggypossum

1 hour ago, communistwookiee said:

More Mick Gordon music? That's all I need to know.

Yep

Set to an all-new pulse pounding soundtrack composed by Mick Gordon, fight across dimensions as you slay new and classic demons with powerful new weapons and abilities.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, communistwookiee said:

More Mick Gordon music? That's all I need to know.

He has been confirmed ?

Anyone see the arms back out?

doometernal.png

Archvile, arachnotron, pain elemental returning too! And is that a new baron?

Edited by shakie19

This and Doom 2016 are good enough reasons to finally get a PS4. That teaser was great. Love it how they are doing a complete reboot of the series and they are going in parallel to the original Doom II.

Go Doom!! Go! Show all those other boring and formulaic modern shooters how things are REALLY done. ?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Let's hope it does good but stop the close you in a room and kill x lot of enemies to keep going as that was a very ss fe/se thing to, also bring rock, real rock back to doom, not this techno bs that the reboot one had, doom is pure rock like iron maiden, motorhead rock as techno rock sounded like crap and didn't fit for doom.

PS. SS fe/ se is short for  serious sam first encounter & second encounter, as them games trap you in a room and won't let you go till you kill all monsters and so on.

PSS. I know I come off sounding like I hate everything when I nitpick small things like music but when you play the games from the start of the whole series I hate to see changes to what the core parts of what made them, hes looking at you wolf 2 new crap and soon to come youngblood crap. I know it is a odd way to see it but if you look at doom of old and doom 3 they had both the look, the music and style, them things make doom for what it is.  

The "death from above" glory kills in Doom '16 are some good stuff.  One thing I'd like in Eternal is a chainsaw dive attack to take an enemy out from above without warning, while making one hell of a mess (or maybe, a mess of hell?).  Like Dark Souls' drop attack, but guaranteed lethal assuming there's enough gas to do it.

Edited by gameoverDude189

On 7/12/2018 at 10:37 PM, KANERKB said:

Let's hope it does good but stop the close you in a room and kill x lot of enemies to keep going as that was a very ss fe/se thing to, also bring rock, real rock back to doom, not this techno bs that the reboot one had, doom is pure rock like iron maiden, motorhead rock as techno rock sounded like crap and didn't fit for doom.

PS. SS fe/ se is short for  serious sam first encounter & second encounter, as them games trap you in a room and won't let you go till you kill all monsters and so on.

PSS. I know I come off sounding like I hate everything when I nitpick small things like music but when you play the games from the start of the whole series I hate to see changes to what the core parts of what made them, hes looking at you wolf 2 new crap and soon to come youngblood crap. I know it is a odd way to see it but if you look at doom of old and doom 3 they had both the look, the music and style, them things make doom for what it is.  

Uhhh..which version of DOOM 2016 were you playing where you heard Techno? The entire game was filled with Metal (Iron Maiden and Motorhead are Metal BTW)...and it was incredible. 

As for me,. I'm on board. I'm not a PC gamer...never have been, so I played bits and pieces of the original DOOM back in the day. So when I got DOOM 2016, I wasn't expecting much from it...and ended up loving it. So a sequel is very welcome. 

• Like 2