Monkey King: Hero is Back

25 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

I preordered the game physically, but now I know that it has a season pass.

And considering digital Deluxe edition price I guess that individually will cost more than 20  and it will ruin the 100% of the game.

I'm sure you'll find the DLC on sale sooner or later.

I am playing the game already, it's a pretty easy plat, 8-12h, it's a game focused on kids, so, combat is simple and intuitive. There's some Soulslike systems like boss fights and upgrades on shrines.

The graphics and cutscenes are beautiful and the game is totally inspired on the 2016 movie avaiable on Netflix. They used the same voice actors, characters design and plot.

The only downsight so far is the unresponsive combat

1 minute ago, Helyx said:

When did those become "Soulslike systems"?

It's just to narrow down, but, you kill foes and win "Souls". You use It to learn new skills and Level them up. When you rest on a shrine the enemies respawn. When u die u reappear on the shrine.

There's a collectible called God of Earth, you spend them to increase Magic, HP and Attack. There's a trophy for collecting all of em. Also, there's a NPC that tells you how many collectibles you can collect in that area.

51 minutes ago, RuancarloSilva said:

I am playing the game already, it's a pretty easy plat, 8-12h, it's a game focused on kids, so, combat is simple and intuitive. There's some Soulslike systems like boss fights and upgrades on shrines.

The graphics and cutscenes are beautiful and the game is totally inspired on the 2016 movie avaiable on Netflix. They used the same voice actors, characters design and plot.

Are you a reviewer (the reason you have it early)? If so, well done on breaking the embargo...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RuancarloSilva said:

The only downside is the unresponsive combat?????

The heart of the game is combat. It's a beat m up game. How combat is a simple thing to mention? lol

Btw. Thanks for the advice about the movie, I'll watch it on weekend.

Edited by GoldenShaka
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

The only downside is the unresponsive combat?????

The heart of the game is combat. It's a beat m up game. How combat is a simple thing to mention? lol

Btw. Thanks for the advice about the movie, I'll watch it on weekend.

It's not a big thing, the hit boxes are a bit weird, but it improves after a couple hours. I wouldn't say the combat is the heart, they clearly made the game to be a extension of the movie. That's the feeling. And you're welcome, it's a pretty decent animation, like Kung Fu Panda

1 hour ago, turniplord said:

Are you a reviewer (the reason you have it early)? If so, well done on breaking the embargo...

The embargo only mention i can't post a review, images and videos before 16th. Didn't break the criterias.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RuancarloSilva said:

It's not a big thing, the hit boxes are a bit weird, but it improves after a couple hours. I wouldn't say the combat is the heart, they clearly made the game to be a extension of the movie. That's the feeling. And you're welcome, it's a pretty decent animation, like Kung Fu Panda

Well, considering season pass is already in the work I think there is more story, action stuff to be added, not just cosmetic content.

Are you going to tell me that this game has less combat sequences than Hellblade or A Plague tale?

If it's like a Jak and daxter or Sly cooper action related I'm satisfied.

Edited by GoldenShaka

3 hours ago, RuancarloSilva said:

The embargo only mention i can't post a review, images and videos before 16th. Didn't break the criterias.

"Review Embargo (including all stream/video content)"

Are you new to the review process? An embargo usually means you can't talk about the game, acknowledge you have it, or mention any gameplay elements of the product until the date has passed. If the streaming embargo was loose then sure, you can talk about gameplay elements as it's going to be seen if you streamed it anyway. However, this game has an embargo for all footage and reviews - which 99% of the time means you can't say anything about anything if you agree and take their offer of a code.

Ah well, end of the day it's up to you - I just would personally watch what you say, especially in forums about the games, as technically, you've discussed more than the embargo allows.

• Like 1