the return of kids movie tie in games?

i know there were a lot of these on the ps3 and there were the notorious easy platinums that actually took time back in the day but with this and the likes of hotel transylvania releasing in the past, do you think this will be the return of movie tie in games more frequently? maybe we'll get a hannah montana the movie game remastered one day 

• Like 3

Game based on licensed animated films were pretty much absent in this generation, I only recall LEGO The Incredibles 2, Dragons: Dawn of New Riders and few games based on CN TV shows, but that's all.

I think about two reasons of this: game industry nowadays demands higher quality and not many devs want to put a lot of money for these types of games. Also gaming is now considered older people's hobby, so they fear the game will not sell well. Many games are designed to have a big open world and a lot of stuff to do (even if repetitive), so the games like this won't be awaited much. Most license-based games are now being released on mobile phones, as kids nowadays prefer to play on phone.

I have a casual gamer buddy and he only picks games on PS4 with open worlds because "the price justifies the time needing to finish the game and see the credits", so I guess most casual gamers thinks the same.

On 11.10.2019 at 7:37 AM, MrTrofyHuntr said:

It's also an excuse for me to introduce my young kids to my favorite hobby and not having to worry about what I am playing and when.

I kinda envy you. I have no kids/younger sibling so I'd have no "fake" reason to put it on my profile. I know nobody should be ashamed of playing a game they want to play, but anyway.

• Like 1

I sure hope. Often terrible quality aside, I missed the days when devs would try to pack a movie in game form.

You can tell from my trophy list and my status updates that I still like playing movie games like Kung Fu Panda, Shrek 2, the Spider-man series, most recently Brave, and more. Like I said when talking about Spidey movie 1, I like the idea of reliving with my own hands the experience of a movie.

Of course, I'm also of the opinion that a lot of gaming's "original" moments stopped being -- well, original -- a long time ago.

Edited by RedRodriguez87

8 hours ago, BossZombieMan said:

I'm starting to buy all these little games on PS3 because they become more difficult to find with the time. Next one is Ice Age 3.

Anyway, we need more Disney Pixar Dreamworks or Marvel :platinum:

that's the problem i'm having myself honestly. i wanna play a lot for these disney games bc a fair few of them do look pretty fun and have a relatively easy 10hr plat that still takes effort but they're all so expensive nowadays for some reason

13 hours ago, KilledByMatty said:

that's the problem i'm having myself honestly. i wanna play a lot for these disney games bc a fair few of them do look pretty fun and have a relatively easy 10hr plat that still takes effort but they're all so expensive nowadays for some reason

I made a buylist this weekend and i have 81 kid games remaining to buy on PS3. Look : 

Adventures Of Tintin
Âge de Glace 3
Âge de Glace 4
Arthur Minimoys Maltazard Revenge
Ben 10 Galactic Racing
Ben 10 Omniverse
Ben 10 Omniverse 2
Ben 10 UA Cosmic Destruction
Captain America Super Soldier
Cartoon Network Punch Time Exp XL
Carz RaceORama
Carz 2
Deadpool
De Blob
Dreamwork Super Star Kartz
Disney Infinity
Disney Infinity 2.0
Disney Infinity 3.0
Disney Universe
Family Game Night 3
Family Game Night 4
Family Guy Back To The Multiverse
Frogger Returns
G Force
Greenlanterns Rise Of Manhunters
Happy Feet 2
Hasbro Family Pack
How to Train Your Dragon
How To Train Your Dragon 2
Iron Man 2
Juju
Katamari Forever
Kick Ass 2
Kick Ass The Game
Kung Fu Panda 2
La Haut
Legends Of The Guardians
Madagascar 3
Madagascar Kartz
Man VS Wild
Megamind
Monstres VS Aliens
Naughty Bear
Noby Noby Boy
Pac Man And The Ghostly Adv
Phineas And Ferb Across 2nd Dim
Planet 51 The Game
Rambo
Rango
Rio
Rise Of The Guardians
Sam And Max Devil's Playhouse
Sam And Max DP 2
Shrek Forever After
Skylanders Giants
Skylanders Trap Team
Skylanders Swap Force
SouthPark Stick Of Truth
SpongeBob Squarepants Plankton
Start The Party
Start The Party And Save The World
Spider Man Edge Of Time
Spider Man Shattered Dimensions
Tempête de Boulettes de Viandes
The Amazing Spider Man
The Penguins Of Madagascar
The Pooyoos
The Pooyoos 2
The Smurfs 2
Thor God Of Thunder
Tornado Outbreak
Toy Story Mania
Tron Evolution
Wattam ps4
We Dare
Where the Wild Things Are
Wipeout 2
Wonderbook Walking With Dinosaurs
X Men
Xmen Wolverine

52 minutes ago, BossZombieMan said:

I made a buylist this weekend and i have 81 kid games remaining to buy on PS3. Look : 

*snip*

Some of those are on PS Now if you don't mind using that [and if it's in your country..]. I played Brave, G-Force, Ben 10 Omniverse games which is delisted now since the publisher lost the rights, now it's with Outright Games who have made one game Ben 10 which I also played and platted on PS Now, and who are publishing Scrat [and the Dragons game someone else mentioned]. Disney Universe is on there [didn't plat it there though, I have it]. Cars games are on there other than the third one. Toy Story Mania, Phineas And Ferb as well.

1 hour ago, BossZombieMan said:

Adventures Of Tintin
Âge de Glace 3
Âge de Glace 4
Arthur Minimoys Maltazard Revenge
Ben 10 Galactic Racing
Ben 10 Omniverse
Ben 10 Omniverse 2
Ben 10 UA Cosmic Destruction
Captain America Super Soldier
Cartoon Network Punch Time Exp XL
Carz RaceORama
Carz 2
Deadpool
De Blob
Dreamwork Super Star Kartz
Disney Infinity
Disney Infinity 2.0
Disney Infinity 3.0
Disney Universe
Family Game Night 3
Family Game Night 4
Family Guy Back To The Multiverse
Frogger Returns
G Force
Greenlanterns Rise Of Manhunters
Happy Feet 2
Hasbro Family Pack
How to Train Your Dragon
How To Train Your Dragon 2
Iron Man 2
Juju
Katamari Forever
Kick Ass 2
Kick Ass The Game
Kung Fu Panda 2
La Haut
Legends Of The Guardians
Madagascar 3
Madagascar Kartz
Man VS Wild
Megamind
Monstres VS Aliens
Naughty Bear
Noby Noby Boy
Pac Man And The Ghostly Adv
Phineas And Ferb Across 2nd Dim
Planet 51 The Game
Rambo
Rango
Rio
Rise Of The Guardians
Sam And Max Devil's Playhouse
Sam And Max DP 2
Shrek Forever After
Skylanders Giants
Skylanders Trap Team
Skylanders Swap Force
SouthPark Stick Of Truth
SpongeBob Squarepants Plankton
Start The Party
Start The Party And Save The World
Spider Man Edge Of Time
Spider Man Shattered Dimensions
Tempête de Boulettes de Viandes
The Amazing Spider Man
The Penguins Of Madagascar
The Pooyoos
The Pooyoos 2
The Smurfs 2
Thor God Of Thunder
Tornado Outbreak
Toy Story Mania
Tron Evolution
Wattam ps4
We Dare
Where the Wild Things Are
Wipeout 2
Wonderbook Walking With Dinosaurs
X Men
Xmen Wolverine

You're missing Puss in Boots...unless you've played that already.

*Frogger returns is also on ps now to add to Elvick's comment above 

Edited by flashpool23

1 hour ago, BossZombieMan said:

Disney Infinity 3.0

The platinum is unobtainable since the servers went offline a couple of years ago. I wouldn't recommend it unless you don't care about completion.

7 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Some of those are on PS Now if you don't mind using that [and if it's in your country..]. I played Brave, G-Force, Ben 10 Omniverse games which is delisted now since the publisher lost the rights, now it's with Outright Games who have made one game Ben 10 which I also played and platted on PS Now, and who are publishing Scrat [and the Dragons game someone else mentioned]. Disney Universe is on there [didn't plat it there though, I have it]. Cars games are on there other than the third one. Toy Story Mania, Phineas And Ferb as well.

Sadly i have too much games to use PSNOW.

7 hours ago, flashpool23 said:

You're missing Puss in Boots...unless you've played that already.

*Frogger returns is also on ps now to add to Elvick's comment above 

Thanks i'll add it.

7 hours ago, Caesar Clown said:

The platinum is unobtainable since the servers went offline a couple of years ago. I wouldn't recommend it unless you don't care about completion.

I didn't know it. Thanks. 

8 hours ago, Caesar Clown said:

The same applies to all the Disney Infinity games since they all had goofy online trophies. Shame as the games are fun. edit; aside from the Vita version of 2.0 which had no online.

Edited by Elvick_

On 15/10/2019 at 8:35 AM, Elvick_ said:

The same applies to all the Disney Infinity games since they all had goofy online trophies. Shame as the games are fun. edit; aside from the Vita version of 2.0 which had no online.

So i'll stay on the Skylanders series. Already got the Imaginators's and Spyro's Adventures's :platinum:. Also 70 Skylanders toys. Thanks for your replies.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/10/2019 at 4:29 AM, KilledByMatty said:

i know there were a lot of these on the ps3 and there were the notorious easy platinums that actually took time back in the day but with this and the likes of hotel transylvania releasing in the past, do you think this will be the return of movie tie in games more frequently? maybe we'll get a hannah montana the movie game remastered one day 

just finish this game and hotel transylvania, not the best games of the year, but at least I had fun playing them, so I hope, we will have more of this games, and if the overal quality of those games can be a little higher it will be perfect

buf to answer your question, i hope i am wrong, but, i don't think we will suddenly have a lot of this kind of games, when i am writting this there are less than 1000 game owners for this scrat game, and around 3500 for transylvania 3, it's not so much, especially after that those 2 games already have been on sales