Master Of All You Survey weird Bug

Funky_Beef

Hello.

I have a weird bug with Master Of All You Survey trophy.

I've got the trophy for discovering all named locations on Nekrotafeyo but the in game stats say that I'm missing one (26/27).

I've discovered all named location on Pandora (78/78) but didn't get the trophy for it.

And now the game says that I've discovered 222/223 location so i can't get the trophy for it...

I went back to Nekrotafeyo in the area where I'm missing one location, followed powerpix's guide, but didn't get any new area discovered...

Is there a way to fix this or Am I good to start again... (I played 99% of the game in co-op, just cleaning the trophy in solo)

I will try to see if finishing all Side missions and all Eridian slabs will help...

As with any bug in a Borderlands game, your only options are the following:

1: Load a pre-glitch save and try again.

2: Start a new character.

3: Start a new playthrough and pray that fixes it.

Co-Op is notorious for screwing up the location and collectible trophies in this series so it's best to play solo until you have them.

The ingame tracker is very buggy. It says I've completed 97 missions but the final count should be 95. So take it with a pinch of salt.

Check the list by clicking on triangle in the maps screen. You should see the galaxy. Hit L3 and you should see overall progress. You can select a world and hit L3 (don't select an area) and you should get a better picture of how many you actually got. The tracker for each area is very buggy (I got a couple of areas that says 100% completed which isn't true as I haven't collected all of the red chests.)

If that doesn't help, it sounds like you may have to start again. Play to the end anyway, and you'll unlock the true vault hunter mode which Is basically new game plus.

Turns out I was missing Logan’s Spar in the Splinterlands on Pandora even though it said I had all locations (6/6) there. Went there with a friend in co-op that had problems with the buggy area just before and both trophy unlock.

I guess I was lucky and got the platinum without having to start a new character !

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I've played Solo the entire game.

223/223 locations. Back tracked to every location again. Checked every area of every planet to confirm with L3 that "X/X locations" was 100% complete. All side missions and circle of slaughters are done.Trials as well. Never played TVM, but did have Mayhem mode on for a little bit and that's the only thing I can think of that could be causing the glitches. This is bringing back very unpleasant memories and feelings of Mad Max being 100% complete but no trophies... Feelings that this probably could be resolved with 5 or 6 IF statements in the code.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2020 at 8:54 PM, Chenardizzle said:

223/223 locations. Back tracked to every location again. Checked every area of every planet to confirm with L3 that "X/X locations" was 100% complete. All side missions and circle of slaughters are done.Trials as well. Never played TVM, but did have Mayhem mode on for a little bit and that's the only thing I can think of that could be causing the glitches. This is bringing back very unpleasant memories and feelings of Mad Max being 100% complete but no trophies... Feelings that this probably could be resolved with 5 or 6 IF statements in the code.

Edited by Jwalker707

12 hours ago, Chenardizzle said:

6 minutes ago, Jwalker707 said:

I did this same exact thing, all 223/233 locations. Also following powerpyx location guide to a T, writing & checking off each location with a pen and paper just to make sure, I even hit up spots like the water fall in Eden 6 along with Pitts stop in Pandora among many others yet still no trophy. I don't think this is obtainable without reverting back to a previous patch or wait for a new one which I doubt the team over at gearbox can do since alot of these problems haven't been fixed since launch. The main issue for this trophy bug has to be the areas being rediscovered glitch causing the stat tracker to break even worse. It's hard to believe others have been able to achieve this trophy with the glitch, seems impossible

Did you return to Sanctuary III at any point? I ask because doing so, is what causes the Area Rediscovery glitch so you have to revisit all 223 locations in one sitting without ever going back to Sanctuary III.

So, I gave up on this game and it's platinum purely due to all of the locations and them resetting their discovery two months ago. I came back and was surprised to see a hotfix that happened recently and I ended up getting all of the planets' locations for the expectation of Pandora (which reset the discovery still) I had followed the guide on Powerpyx for the named locations spent roughly six hours making sure I hit all the locations in one sitting and didn't get Pandora. ( I think I know which area I forgot to do).

I'm gonna try again right now to do all locations starting with Pandora and praying that all locations trophy pops as well.... BECAUSE.... I tested all the other planets and whenever I went to Sanctuary III and teleported back to a planet that wasn't Pandora it showed that those locations were considered "entering" and not "discovered" Pandora was the only problem child I had last night.

Will report back with my findings. Fuck Gearbox and 2k for this glitchy pile of shit.... unless it's Sony's fault since they're the ones that add the trophy support I believe.

Attempted to do this in one sitting last Friday with my 2 pals without quitting and without returning to Sanctuary. We were 3 and half hours into it and the host got a blue screen error message. It booted all of us. We were probably another hour away from getting all locations too....I'm guessing that if you are trying to get this trophy, you probably want to play alone rather than in a group. I've had the blue screen error a lot recently making this trophy nearly impossible. Have no idea how many people are doing this on a daily basis and finding the time to spend 5-6 hours doing this. Hats off to them I guess. 

1 hour ago, trojbrown40 said:

Attempted to do this in one sitting last Friday with my 2 pals without quitting and without returning to Sanctuary. We were 3 and half hours into it and the host got a blue screen error message. It booted all of us. We were probably another hour away from getting all locations too....I'm guessing that if you are trying to get this trophy, you probably want to play alone rather than in a group. I've had the blue screen error a lot recently making this trophy nearly impossible. Have no idea how many people are doing this on a daily basis and finding the time to spend 5-6 hours doing this. Hats off to them I guess. 

The stability problems are almost entirely due to the new Mayhem Modifiers so cycle through them until you find a set that doesn't crash the game.

So I have just the same problem right now. I started the game on May 11th and still have that main menu message that suggests me to install some kind of patch (which I don't know about it's date), but haven't done yet. I just finished all the trophies today including all Nekrotafeyo locations one (maybe I did all the planet and side quests in one sitting, I don't remember), but remaining Pandora's, Promethea's and Eden-6's locations trophies plus the Master of All You Survey one. I just saw how I ran into previous story-visited locations for slabs collection and the game told me "Area Discovered" instead of "Entering In", so I just stopped doing the exploration and searched if there was a bug or what, because it was really weird that having all Eden-6 locations in the L3 menu, the relative trophy didn't popped up yet.

My question here is. Can I just delete the game, install it again (physical copy obviously), but not installing any patch or update and just pick up all locations or whatever again but in different game sessions (this kind of achievements are really annoying for me even listening podcasts or music). Just to clarify that I don't want to restart the campaign or with another lvl. 1 character or just get my game save corrupted or something. I can obviously wait for an official fix, but prefer if I just finish it already so I can focus in another games and don't feel gutted about it.

I actually enjoyed the game but man I had some trouble with glitches and shit that really pissed me off. Thought that more than half a year later since the release this shit would be patched up dude.

17 minutes ago, TheOnask said:

So I have just the same problem right now. I started the game on May 11th and still have that main menu message that suggests me to install some kind of patch (which I don't know about it's date), but haven't done yet. I just finished all the trophies today including all Nekrotafeyo locations one (maybe I did all the planet and side quests in one sitting, I don't remember), but remaining Pandora's, Promethea's and Eden-6's locations trophies plus the Master of All You Survey one. I just saw how I ran into previous story-visited locations for slabs collection and the game told me "Area Discovered" instead of "Entering In", so I just stopped doing the exploration and searched if there was a bug or what, because it was really weird that having all Eden-6 locations in the L3 menu, the relative trophy didn't popped up yet.

My question here is. Can I just delete the game, install it again (physical copy obviously), but not installing any patch or update and just pick up all locations or whatever again but in different game sessions (this kind of achievements are really annoying for me even listening podcasts or music). Just to clarify that I don't want to restart the campaign or with another lvl. 1 character or just get my game save corrupted or something. I can obviously wait for an official fix, but prefer if I just finish it already so I can focus in another games and don't feel gutted about it.

I actually enjoyed the game but man I had some trouble with glitches and shit that really pissed me off. Thought that more than half a year later since the release this shit would be patched up dude.

1: That "Main Menu patch notification thing" is for the Hot Fixes which address numerous bugs and are required to access the seasonal events. New Hot Fixes are released every Thursday Afternoon, around 5pm GMT 0. To install the Hot Fixes, just sit on the Main Menu for approx 10secs until the "Hot Fixes Applied" sign appears on the pole to the left of your character.

2: Your saves are patched so will react badly to you playing offline without any updates installed, therefore I recommend either trying the fixes listed above or waiting to see what the upcoming 1.12 patch does.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

17 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

1: That "Main Menu patch notification thing" is for the Hot Fixes which address numerous bugs and are required to access the seasonal events. New Hot Fixes are released every Thursday Afternoon, around 5pm GMT 0. To install the Hot Fixes, just sit on the Main Menu for approx 10secs until the "Hot Fixes Applied" sign appears on the pole to the left of your character.

2: Your saves are patched so will react badly to you playing offline without any updates installed, therefore I recommend either trying the fixes listed above or waiting to see what the upcoming 1.12 patch does.

Alright thank you very much! I think I'm just waiting for the next patch and hoping it fixes the locations glitch, no hurry. Thanks again for your help, man!

It seems with todays hotpatch it remembers which location you have visited. But you still need to visit all locations again for the trophy to pop (if it pops)
But if you continue your game without the hotfix all locations are reset again. So make sure you always wait for the hotfixes to be activated.
So hopefully you dont need to do it in one session. Not 100% sure, maybe others can try this

1 hour ago, tarique1221 said:

has this glitch always been an issue??? i've got to finishing bl3 recently and was planning to plat it but my trophy for discovering all locations on promethea wasnt coming up either :/

The stat tracking has always been dodgy as heck for certain trophies but the 1.11 patch, completely broke the system so now you have to visit all 223 locations in one go without returning to Sanctuary III :(. With luck, next month's 1.12 or 1.13 patches will fix this problem.

23 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The stat tracking has always been dodgy as heck for certain trophies but the 1.11 patch, completely broke the system so now you have to visit all 223 locations in one go without returning to Sanctuary III :(. With luck, next month's 1.12 or 1.13 patches will fix this problem.

But the trophy pop at least,i do the same that has told in your post and help to my friend and both got the trophy without problem,the most important thing is do in one sitting without turning offthe ps4 and dont travel sanctuary

20 hours ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

It seems with todays hotpatch it remembers which location you have visited. But you still need to visit all locations again for the trophy to pop (if it pops)
But if you continue your game without the hotfix all locations are reset again. So make sure you always wait for the hotfixes to be activated.
So hopefully you dont need to do it in one session. Not 100% sure, maybe others can try this

This doesn't work. I need the trophy for all locations in  Pandora but about 75% the game crashed. I did the remaining 25% but the trophy didn't unlock.
Hopefully patch 1.12 will adress this and unlock the trophy retroactive so I don't have to visit all locations again

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

ik im in lockdown atm but no way in hell do i have the patience do visit all 223 lcoations in one go, praying for those patch fixes

21 hours ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

This doesn't work. I need the trophy for all locations in  Pandora but about 75% the game crashed. I did the remaining 25% but the trophy didn't unlock.
Hopefully patch 1.12 will adress this and unlock the trophy retroactive so I don't have to visit all locations again

I had the time yesterday so I tried to just get all of Pandora in one sitting.I got every location "Area Discovered, and when I got to "Destroyer's Rift" the game crashed. I re-loaded in treacherous path, found the last 4 locations and still no trophy.

I have been reading most people's posts saying that they only need Pandora... but I'm at 223/223 locations and haven't had a single trophy for any of the planets pop.

47 minutes ago, Chenardizzle said:

I had the time yesterday so I tried to just get all of Pandora in one sitting.I got every location "Area Discovered, and when I got to "Destroyer's Rift" the game crashed. I re-loaded in treacherous path, found the last 4 locations and still no trophy.

I have been reading most people's posts saying that they only need Pandora... but I'm at 223/223 locations and haven't had a single trophy for any of the planets pop.

Same here. I only got 2 out of the 5 trophies that is tied to locations. I need the one for all Locations, for Pandora and for Eden-6. And like you I have 223/223 locations

The other 2 locations trophies I got way before patch 1.11

I tried uninstalling the game and playing on version 1.00 but that didn't work. It made the stat screen even worse

• Like 1