Fun rating?

Casciaro1997

• 2 weeks later...

Not really enjoying it and probably going to trade it in to be honest. The most damning thing I can say about it is that 'Race Driver: GRID' from 2008 is a better game in basically every way.

In this game there is a general lack of speed. The 'career' is not a career at all and just a list of races, whereas the original Grid you started from scratch in a small team and worked your way up through the competition and managed you own team eventually, this is just races with the facade of a career with the pointless teammates.

I would be able to forgive all this if it just had more tracks though. Only 12 tracks for a racing game is shocking and repeating them all ad-nauseam is so dull.

Disappointing.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2019 at 2:01 PM, Patrickosan said:

Events and single player "campaign" is around 7/10, for Driveclub lovers it's easily 8/10.

But the platinum is 0/10 because of the Around the Globe trophy. Only complete idiot could came up with a trophy like that.

For me its not as fun as driveclub. Driveclub had stars within a race so each race felt different. Grid is getting a bit samey after bout 50 percent through the career. 

Agree about the plat. Im gonna get the rest of the trophies and leave it for now. Maybe they make a couple huge dlcs in the future but that still wont even come close. 

I know they want to keep the game alive for as long as possible but even if the multiplayer was gt sport standard it still would be a big ask.

Dosnt help they have prevented people from using the rubberband trick which helped gt6's autobarmy trophy

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got to admit, I struggled so badly with the driving once you get out of the early cars I packed it in... Really want to go back to it but dont want to end up instantly raging again... Clearly have spent way too much time playing Forza and GT to go back to this style of racer :|

I was pretty disappointed with this. It's honestly just, like, a hundred races in a row for the career. There's no progression aside from unlocking new team mates, but that part of the game is totally pointless. You level up, but it's not like your stats improve or you unlock better cars or anything. You just get different liveries which, who cares? 

There's nothing to differentiate the first race from the last race at all. 

The stupid 24,000 mile trophy can suck it. They didn't even put a tracker for your miles, and made rubber banding not work. It just counts the distance between laps. They have trackers for a lot of other aspects of the game, like manual shifts and air time, but not miles? So dumb.

I get that racing games can get repetitive just based on the nature of the source material, but this really hasn't got anything special about it at all. Even the trophy list is boring, with 90% of it unlocking just by gold medal-ing all the career events