realism difficulty

darktore

You need to beat Grounded, in order to unlock Grounded +, doing so will reward you with Easy, Normal, Hard and Survival trophies. By doing Grounded +, you will get Easy, Normal, Hard and Grounded + trophies. However, If I were you, I'd play first on easy, collect everything, and then do a "new game + glitch" to go immediately to Grounded +. That's the most efficient way. Also, one word of advice for Mastering Joel and Weapons, don't upgrade hearing skill because it's not available when playing Survival/Grounded, so when you upgrade your last skill on NG+, it will pop without having hearing skill mastered, and when playing game, DON'T UPGRADE YOUR WEAPONS UNTIL LATE IN-GAME, if you pick up and upgrade your first weapons, and then you will not have enough scraps to upgrade weapons that are unlocked later in the game, you will have to do an entire playthrough just to pick them up and be able to upgrade them. Here's better explanation with some spoilers. 

Advanced issues found

Spoiler

For example. pick up every weapon and scaps you find, but don't upgrade anything until you are on the university level. Then upgrade weapons such as Flamethrower, El Diablo, etc, because you will have to do 70% of the game again, just to unlock them if you won't have enough upgrade supplies. On your second playthrough focus on upgrading the rifle and shotgun/shorty when they are availiable. I have done the platinum in this game three times and always, ALWAYS, it took me 2 full playthroughs and one clean up until Pittsburgh or so, so on your clean-up leave the pistol and revolver, or you can do them earlier if you're able to.

Edited by HaserPL
  • Like 2