Spooky Game This Time of Year?

TrophyChief

Feeling in the mood to play some spooky games since we are in the month of October and Halloween is just around the corner. What scary/freaky/spooky/horror game do you plan on playing? Any of you have an annual tradition in playing certain games during this time of year?

I feel a Dead Space vibe coming on for me...

• Like 2

I was debating between RE2, RE7, and The Evil Within. I went with RE7 because it was on sale.

If anybody is looking for a more obscure game for the holiday, I'd recommend Yomawari: Midnight Shadows. I really liked that game.

Might get around to Little Nightmares too, if I can find a copy somewhere...

• Like 2

I'm already playing RE2 again since I stopped not too long after it released and I figured I could get the Platinum on the 31'st. I don't think I'll ever get used to the Lickers and Mr. X getting the jump on me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

I'm probably going to work on completing Dying Light this month, in anticipation for Dying Light 2.

damn not a bad idea might do the same

15 minutes ago, Jamescush147 said:

Ghostbusters! B)

And thinking of finally finishing Claire for Halloween.

have fun with ghostbusters I just plat it

• Like 1

I’ve gathered a list of all the spooky games in my backlog and decided to try and get them all done as part of this seasons backlog challenge. I’m trying to finish them all by the end of October but I think it might bleed into November. These are the games:

1. Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted 

2. Intruders: Hide and Seek

3. The Exorcist Legion VR 

4. Transference 

5. Wraith

6. AFFECTED: The Manor

7.  Dead Secret

8. Dead Land VR

9.  Dying: Reborn VR

10. Slender: The Arrival

11. Emily Wants to Play

12. Emily Wants to Play Too

13. Weeping Doll

14. The Bellows: A Horror VR Experience

15. Rise of Insanity

16. Asemblance

17. Caretaker

18. Home Sweet Home

19. The Coma: Recut

20. Knock Knock

21. Neverending Nightmares

22. Uncanny Valley

23. SOMA

24. Layers of Fear

25. Layers of Fear 2

26. Worse Than Death

27. Dead Nation

28. Observer

29. The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan

30. Black Mirror

31. Perception: Remastered

32. Welcome to Hanwell

33. True Fear

34. NightCry

35. Through the Woods

36. Death Mark

37. Dead Synchronicity

38. The Raven

39. Claire

40. Thimbleweed Park

41. Halloween Forever

42. Crossing Souls

43. Stranger Things 3

44. The Walking Dead: The Final Season

45. Night Trap: 25th Anniversary Edition

46. Kona

47. Ghost Giant

48. My Big Sister

49. Just Ignore Them

50. Back in 1995

• Like 2

7 hours ago, EPICRAGE said:

I’ve gathered a list of all the spooky games in my backlog and decided to try and get them all done as part of this seasons backlog challenge. I’m trying to finish them all by the end of October but I think it might bleed into November. These are the games:

1. Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted 

2. Intruders: Hide and Seek

3. The Exorcist Legion VR 

4. Transference 

5. Wraith

6. AFFECTED: The Manor

7.  Dead Secret

8. Dead Land VR

9.  Dying: Reborn VR

10. Slender: The Arrival

11. Emily Wants to Play

12. Emily Wants to Play Too

13. Weeping Doll

14. The Bellows: A Horror VR Experience

15. Rise of Insanity

16. Asemblance

17. Caretaker

18. Home Sweet Home

19. The Coma: Recut

20. Knock Knock

21. Neverending Nightmares

22. Uncanny Valley

23. SOMA

24. Layers of Fear

25. Layers of Fear 2

26. Worse Than Death

27. Dead Nation

28. Observer

29. The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan

30. Black Mirror

31. Perception: Remastered

32. Welcome to Hanwell

33. True Fear

34. NightCry

35. Through the Woods

36. Death Mark

37. Dead Synchronicity

38. The Raven

39. Claire

40. Thimbleweed Park

41. Halloween Forever

42. Crossing Souls

43. Stranger Things 3

44. The Walking Dead: The Final Season

45. Night Trap: 25th Anniversary Edition

46. Kona

47. Ghost Giant

48. My Big Sister

49. Just Ignore Them

50. Back in 1995

The Raven isn't spooky lol it's just a mystery game :). But of this I'd vote you play perception it's great

25 minutes ago, Neocarleen said:

@EPICRAGE That’s quite a list you have there. Good luck!

Thanks! I've been busy this year and haven't had much time for gaming but that didn't stop me from buying games when they went on sale. I finally had some time for gaming and started on my backlog in September and so far I completed 21 games. I'm definitely behind schedule but having fun nonetheless!

6 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

The Raven isn't spooky lol it's just a mystery game :). But of this I'd vote you play perception it's great

Oh that's unfortunate lol I thought it would have some spooky elements given the Edgar Allen Poe title but I guess not. I'll still check it out though.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll bump Perception up the list and play it right after Layers of Fear 1 and 2.

Edited by EPICRAGE

11 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I was debating between RE2, RE7, and The Evil Within. I went with RE7 because it was on sale.

Might get around to Little Nightmares too, if I can find a copy somewhere...

Oooo I loved RE7, especially in VR. I don't really get scared by games/movies anymore but playing that in VR was terrifying! Little Nightmares is a great game too. You are in for a treat!

11 hours ago, Ilzaki said:

I played Alien: Isolation last year.  Maybe I should go back and plat it.

One of my favorite games! Multiple playthroughs for the platinum trophy are usually annoying but that game was so great I didn't mind as much.

11 hours ago, MrTrofyHuntr said:

Feeling in the mood to play some spooky games since we are in the month of October and Halloween is just around the corner. What scary/freaky/spooky/horror game do you plan on playing? Any of you have an annual tradition in playing certain games during this time of year?

I feel a Dead Space vibe coming on for me...

Oh man I wish someone could do an HD remaster/remake/re-whatever for the Dead Space Trilogy. The first two games are near perfect and the third has it's moments for sure. I've played them so many times between Xbox360 and PS3, and doing multiple playthroughs for the 100%, but I'd play them again in a heartbeat. They are probably #1 on my wishlist for a current gen HD collection. One can dream.... 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, EPICRAGE said:

Oh man I wish someone could do an HD remaster/remake/re-whatever for the Dead Space Trilogy. The first two games are near perfect and the third has it's moments for sure. I've played them so many times between Xbox360 and PS3, and doing multiple playthroughs for the 100%, but I'd play them again in a heartbeat. They are probably #1 on my wishlist for a current gen HD collection. One can dream.... 

You and me both brotha. More dead space please!

I do like getting into the spirit of things by playing horror games during Spooktober. This year I'm playing Corpse Party: Blood Drive on the Vita and I'm hoping to platinum it before this month is over. As for Halloween itself, I plan on doing a playthrough of Resident Evil 2 (2019) because I've been itching to get back to that recently. Definitely one of my favourite games to come out this year. :) I'm going to try and unlock that infinite ammo rocket launcher if I can, although I am quite rusty at the game by now. :P

• Like 2