Easy scrap for all that crafting

schnarff77

There seems to be a glitch in the sewers/underground area just before you fight one of the Delver echoes that can give you a repeatable 20,000 tech scrap.  There's a guy there that gives you the "Below Jericho" quest requiring you to hunt down some scientists in the sewers.  I got a couple of associated audio logs and got the option to basically nope out of the quest midway through.  After I died once to the Delver Echo Alpha (same phase as 2 of the main Delver boss), I realized that the guy had died and dropped a lovely weapon.  But every time I died after that (REALLY hate Delver Echo Alpha), the drop respawned as a bunch of crafting parts and 20,000 scrap.

Figured I'd pass this on as I used what I had on hand to craft all the blueprints I've collected so far for the "Gotta Craft Em All" gear sets, in case anyone doesn't want to grind out a bunch of tech scrap for that or has lost more scrap than they bargained for... stupid Delver Echo Alpha.

• Like 1

Just as a side-note: You don't have to have all sets ON you at once, you simply have to craft them. 

The way i did it was simply craft as many whole sets as i could afford and then sell them back to a vendor. Not 100% sure but i think i even got a full refund basically. With that money back i simply crafted the next X sets, until the trophy popped.

And since you only need the MK1 materials for crafting and i did all that basically at the point of no return, i had more than enough MK8-10 mats to break down for crafting, since they double with every step you break them down. I basically had to do NO farming for scrap or mats whatsoever for the crafting trophy ;)

• Like 1

On 2019-10-15 at 7:32 AM, dernop said:

Just as a side-note: You don't have to have all sets ON you at once, you simply have to craft them. 

The way i did it was simply craft as many whole sets as i could afford and then sell them back to a vendor. Not 100% sure but i think i even got a full refund basically. With that money back i simply crafted the next X sets, until the trophy popped.

And since you only need the MK1 materials for crafting and i did all that basically at the point of no return, i had more than enough MK8-10 mats to break down for crafting, since they double with every step you break them down. I basically had to do NO farming for scrap or mats whatsoever for the crafting trophy ;)

Instead of starting another thread i'll just ask here. Do you really have to focus to find the 20 full sets or are alot of the just from cutting limbs off?Also for the 50 weapons do you need quests and such done or are the main part from just severing right arms?

4 hours ago, Quink666 said:

Instead of starting another thread i'll just ask here. Do you really have to focus to find the 20 full sets or are alot of the just from cutting limbs off?Also for the 50 weapons do you need quests and such done or are the main part from just severing right arms?

to be perfectly honest, i unfortunately can't really answer you any of those two questions, because i'm quite "OCD" when it comes to those type of games, especially the Surge because i was aware of the crafting mechanic (cutting limbs) from the first game.

I essentially went ahead and cut the armored arm (mostly right one) of ANY new enemy i encountered first, so that plus all the boss' weapons, the weapons trophy came more or less automatically in the later half of the game for me.

After i got the weapon of any new enemy(-type) i started cutting from the head down and when it actually got a new set of armor, most of the time i even went out of my way to respawn this enemy and get the full set asap. If you do this methodically from the very start of the game it doesn't really take all that much time at all and you get armor sets in no time. I also bought all armor sets available at vendors towards the end of the game.

I didn't really keep track, but now that i think about it i'm pretty sure that even with all that i JUST barely had those 20 sets needed when the trophy finally popped, so a bit of farming may definitely be required for that one.

good luck!

Edited by dernop
  • Like 1