CREO Industrial Magnet ( Drone Vendor disappeared - Rex )

irriducibile87

Hi everyone,

I completed the "April's Fool" quest before purchasing the C.R.E.O. Industrial Magnet drone from Rex's Shop at Seaside Court.

Now, after I completed the quest, Rex disappeared and is nowhere to be seen.

Am I screwed ?

Will Rex come back later in the story somewhere else and will he still sell me the drone ?

Are there any other ways to get the CREO Industrial Magnet drone ?

If there are no other ways, when I start new game plus, will I still keep all my drones, so I can just to buy this one from Rex and get the trophy or do I need another full playthrough and get all the other drones all over again ?

Thanks

i had the same problem and simply got all the drones in NG+, since i was missing some missable ones anyway. 

If you do get them in NG+ you definitely have to get the missable ones (story/boss related) again, tho!

Afaik you can do another quest for/with Rex later in the Cathedral of the Spark level where you have to free him, after that he is supposed to turn up at this Camp Bravo site where he will be available as a vendor again. But i just read that somewhere and didn't try/confirm it for myself.

1 hour ago, dernop said:

i had the same problem and simply got all the drones in NG+, since i was missing some missable ones anyway. 

If you do get them in NG+ you definitely have to get the missable ones (story/boss related) again, tho!

Afaik you can do another quest for/with Rex later in the Cathedral of the Spark level where you have to free him, after that he is supposed to turn up at this Camp Bravo site where he will be available as a vendor again. But i just read that somewhere and didn't try/confirm it for myself.

damn that’s bad news, I really didn’t want to do 2 full playthroughs.

I am liking the game quite a bit but my backlog is huge :(

guess I have to try Making him show up again in camp bravo 

The only story related drone module I had to reacquire in NG+ was the Starfish which comes fairly early in the game. Even if you missed something, you don't have to do 2 full playthroughs unless you don't use a backup save for the ending choice. 

Edited by Killbomb

13 minutes ago, Killbomb said:

The only story related drone module I had to reacquire in NG+ was the Starfish which comes fairly early in the game. Even if you missed something, you don't have to do 2 full playthroughs unless you don't use a backup save for the ending choice. 

Ah, alright, good to know then. Perhaps it just seemed that way in my NG+, since i was actually missing some story related ones anyway and it only popped when i reacquired ALL of them. I guess i was actually just missing the last one or whatever.

So best course of action for OP would be to simply continue and get them all in NG+, hoping that the trophy pops as early as possible ;)