Your worst video game experience ?!

vinostar

• 2 weeks later...

Modern Warfare's multiplayer (the recent one, not the old games)

the game had such a huge potential to do well and it just flopped. Not really surprised though, call of duty has been on a downwards slope for me personally ever since Infinite Warfare. Quite a shame that I spend more time playing the old call of duty games rather than the new ones 

Edited by Oreo-_-Milkshake

• 3 weeks later...

Although I love the Wolfenstein series, but the amount of attempts to get just a single bronze trophy that is completing Wolfenstein 2 on its hardest difficulty is just...painful. Not just that it's a bronze trophy, the annoying unskippable cutscenes just make you want to pull your hair out. I still haven't got the trophy, and doubt I will for a while... 

On 12/15/2019 at 7:39 PM, launcestondevil said:

Although I love the Wolfenstein series, but the amount of attempts to get just a single bronze trophy that is completing Wolfenstein 2 on its hardest difficulty is just...painful. Not just that it's a bronze trophy, the annoying unskippable cutscenes just make you want to pull your hair out. I still haven't got the trophy, and doubt I will for a while... 

I second the terrible Wolfenstein experience.

Bought New Blood with a friend (mostly leftover goodwill from TNO, TNC also being a horrible step down), low expectations just looking

for mindless fun - sure was ok until we wrapped it up in less than 15 hours. The game is just awful. Even considering the outright pointless, mindnumbing grind for the platinum is giving me stage IV testicle cancer symptoms. Screw that game.

Comparing it to say Zombie Army Trilogy which is by all means a AA experience that does just about everything 'ok' with some passables and some s*itty moments TNB just did everything plain awful. It is definitely at the top of my top 3 most disappointing games of this year. With Just Cause 4 and RAGE 2 following close

one of the worst things I remember was an N64 Memory Card breaking down. It was a third party product that was well reviewed and recommended everywhere. It was basically a Rumble Pak with 4 Memory Cards included, you switched between the Memory Cards with a button.51iNpAzS9aL._SX679_.jpg

The thing died on me and I lost 4 Memory Cards worth of save games.... uuurgh :(

Since then, I never bought third party storage solutions again. I only bought first party Memcards on PS2, Gamecube and so on. I know that these aren't immune to breaking down either but this experience killed my trust in third party products.

Another bad thing I remember was that my dad, while doing some renovations in our house, made a misstep and basically broke with his foot through the floor, which was the ceiling of my bedroom back then, and all the debris fell on my Gamecube ?

Another bad gaming experience were Tony Hawk Ride and Tony Hawk Shred. I collect the Tony Hawk games since I love them, so for completions sake I had to get those two. I was able to get both versions with their respective skateboards for around 30 bucks or so new. I thought it was a nice deal, but the games were really, really bad. I still have them since they belong in the collection but man, how the mighty have fallen... even THPS5 on PS4 isn't a bad game anymore in comparison. But THPS5 isn't a great game either and I still have to plat it... ?

Edited by Sicho
typos and formatting

I was going for the 100% on a Xbox game called Infinite Undiscovery. One of the achievements in that game was for 100% collection of all items. 

After about 200 hours of following walkthroughs meticulously for every other achievement, downloading and checking each collectable on several Excel spreadsheets designed around the game and making sure I checked off each area... I got down to the final item I was supposed to craft for the 100%. 

Crafted it and... nothing. No achievement, no nothing. All excel spreadsheets checked off 100%. End of walkthrough pages I was following. Nothing more to collect, nothing more to do.

Go online and figured out that occasionally the 100% could glitch if you craft certain items out of order. Absolutely lost it because I had been maintaining a perfect 100% profile of achievements and this one game ruined a long, long time of work. I still have no idea why it didn't pop and I've avoided playing it since.

To this day I absolutely hate glitched achievements/buggy things that don't get addressed by developers. >:( I'm guessing Playstation games aren't any different but I'm crossing my fingers I don't run into a situation like that again because the rage I felt was incredible. 

Edited by SanctifiedSword

• 4 years later...