Trophys earned Drunk (or under abnormal conditions)

S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y

I am completely unable to play anything that requires quick reactions, if I am even slightly intoxicated.

And because I can't hold my drink at all, I stopped drinking and playing together ?

Seriously, how can you play any action-based game if you need seconds to realize what happens on screen?

• Like 1

Really drunk, never, because I have this integrated kill switch which makes me stop before getting there. But inebriated and sometimes in as much a jolly mood as I allow myself, quite a lot of times. Like @HaserPL wrote, I find it relaxing and it actually helps with some otherwise tense games (yesterday's Never Give Up trophy in Dead Nation being the most recent example).

Also, contrary to a lot of my friends, I don't smoke, so it helps nearing their mood while playing with them! :D And talking about friends, most of them aren't on the same continent, so like @SpaceCoresDad said, more than once while playing MP I found myself stretching my Saturday so far into Sunday that the sun was quite high in the sky and myself so tired I felt high as a kite...

• Like 2

Well apart from every single grind based trophy in Souls series (collect 50 Concords in DS3, farm the stupid Mad Warrior in Belfry Sol in DS2 , any kind of material farming in DS1 because fml those are boring) there is one really fun trophy I earned while being "slightly" intoxicated : :bronze: Unfair Fight in For Honor - kill an enemy in a 1v2 situation, basically kill an enemy while being ganked.

My main was a Warden at the time and I am normally playing very passive and reaction based. That night however I went full Deus Vult mode in Dominion 4v4 and boy oh boy I whooped ass. I realized I got that trophy and one involving shoving enemies into fire pits next morning .

• Like 1

Im usually always under the influence of a controlled substance when i play my games

ive been a life long marijuana smoker but at the same time, to keep this topic from going too off hand, im a LEGAL card carrying medical marijuana user

”if i study high, take the test high, then ill get high scores” - Redman from “How High”

• Like 2

I got myself through most of Devil May Cry 5's story on release night whilst highly inebriated, but not enough to pass out (the "having a hard time walking straight" kind). I was mostly just depressed because my girlfriend at the time was getting "super busy" with life and had been ghosting me for the past month prior, and the realization hit me that I was pretty much getting led on to stay with her (alongside my friends telling me not to deal with her shit; is that normal for women to do that kind of thing?), I drank some fireball whiskey until I got tired, which was conveniently placed around Mission 13.

I don't usually drink while playing, but I learned that I play DMC games a lot better when I'm intoxicated. Seems my inner SSS-Style emerges when I start to not give a shit about anything, haha.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

Does sleep deprivation count? I've definitely done long grinds while being half awake, and wondered afterwards if it was all just a dream.

Oh God this. I did most of my multiplayer grinds leading up to server shutdowns on 3 to 4 hours of sleep and in some cases 1 to 2. At that point, you just have your reactions to what's going on and if you close your eyes, you'll pass out from exhaustion. 

• Like 1

I was extremely high when I waded through Sens Fortress in Dark Souls recently. Despite getting lost and spending well over an hour in there, I made it to the Iron Golem without a death to my name...before he pushed me over the edge three times, which is what I was trying to do to him. Luckily I'd found the bonfire in the Fortress :lol: Aside from :silver: - Reach Anor Londo I don't recall earning any others trophies while drunk/high. 

Not trophy related but I did manage to ruin a save file in Euro Truck Simulator 2 on Steam while extremely sleep deprived. I fell asleep on a steep downhill route, when I woke up my truck was on it's side at the start of a bridge and most of the damage indicator was red. I'd just recently started my own company in the game so I had to cover the cost of the repairs...which I couldn't afford because I spent it all customizing the truck I'd just crashed. RIP ?

• Like 2

I'm no fun so I don't drink or do any hard drugs (or soft drugs). I'm a bad at getting the proper amount of sleep sometimes. I remember playing Gravity Rush while very tired but nothing very interesting happened. 

I played through Megadimension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies and Metal Gear Solid 4 while I was sick. It was a little painful but nothing worth mentioning happened. 

I don't drink or do drugs. I think the worst I've done is pulling an all-nighter to get the OG Heist trophies in GTAV. My mind was a bit numb at the end from sleep deprivation. xD 

I've also dozed off before a couple of times while boosting only to have a message pop up if I was ok/still there.

• Like 1

I used to be an alcoholic and do a lot of harder drugs, I bought a PS4 to keep me distracted while I quit all of that shit and trophy hunting is what helped me stay away,  I noticed if I was drunk or on drugs I would just lay around hungover all weekend and not play anything,  once I started trophy hunting I wouldn't drink just so I could work on the next plat.  Sometimes I will get stoned and game but that is very rarely nowadays.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

I used to be an alcoholic and do a lot of harder drugs, I bought a PS4 to keep me distracted while I quit all of that shit and trophy hunting is what helped me stay away,  I noticed if I was drunk or on drugs I would just lay around hungover all weekend and not play anything,  once I started trophy hunting I wouldn't drink just so I could work on the next plat.  Sometimes I will get stoned and game but that is very rarely nowadays.

Nice to hear that Mate, good that you got distracted from that Shit! :)

6 hours ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

Does sleep deprivation count? I've definitely done long grinds while being half awake, and wondered afterwards if it was all just a dream.

Thanks for pointing that out, of course this counts to 100%, almost all of my long grinds like Far Cry 2 are done half awake..^^

Thanks for all the replies Mates, these Stories are so funny and making my day! :'DDDD

Edited by S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y

I’ve had far too many of these to count, but I can say the most recent instance was the platinum in Golf Club 2019. I had to hole out a chip shot from off the green, which is quasi luck based and extremely dull to set up. Well, dull until you’ve sucked down a bunch of gin and you’re staring at the fairway out of one bloodshot eye. 

• Like 1

APEX LEGENDS
   7S50fc4b.png

Kill Leader
Become the Kill Leader

Woke up one morning with this trophy and ultimately the game itself on my tag. Assumed it was a drinking night, since I typically hate multiplayer games.
Took 2 weeks, but eventually got the dang game knocked off. 

Now I simply unplug the PS4's power cable, before drinking...

• Like 3