Trophys earned Drunk (or under abnormal conditions)

S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y

32 minutes ago, VigilantCrow said:

APEX LEGENDS
   7S50fc4b.png

Kill Leader
Become the Kill Leader

Woke up one morning with this trophy and ultimately the game itself on my tag. Assumed it was a drinking night, since I typically hate multiplayer games.
Took 2 weeks, but eventually got the dang game knocked off. 

Now I simply unplug the PS4's power cable, before drinking...

Thats actuallly really impressive but also hilarious^^

I remember drinking 2 White Russians and 8-10 beers while playing Friday the 13th. What an amazing experience and apparently I had 10 new friend requests the next day and a couple of trophies I don't remember getting. Note to self, driving the car in the game is hard enough but when you're drunk, you can take it to a whole new level and be comical at the same time. Good times!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bizzy_Montana_ said:

Thank you for this great thread! 1f3c6.png

It stands to reason that most of the members here must have had some crazy situations during their trophy aspirations :)

One night I fondly remember was when I was boosting with @blackangel887462. We were going for "I've stopped counting" in Grid Autosport and raced some oval circuit over and over again. After hours upon hours of soulless grinding, both of us became incredibly tired. I was blasting loud music through my headphones but I just couldn't help it and felt asleep for like a minute or so, so I stood up from my chair and almost lost balance a couple of times. Ultimately, I had to raise the white flag as I started to see weird colors, hear stange noises and so on :D

A "tradition" I once had during vacations from work was to go to bed at around midnight and get up at 4am, followed by playing like 90% of the day or so. I was actually getting used to that and didn't feel too tired anymore, but when my vacation came to an end I often realized intense fatigue, followed by the need to rest for like half a day or more. 1f634.png

Another "special" situation occured when @S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y and me were playing Syndicate for ~14 hours straight, that was supremely debilitating as well 1f635.png.

Rank #1 of my "hardcore" conditions was, without a doubt, my time with "VirZoom Arcade" (you need to ride a real stationary bicycle to get all the trophies 1f6b4.png).

I'm moderately in shape and I wanted to become the first person to 100% this game. Having seen that other players were close to achieving 100% completion, I decided to go all in and play this title for almost a week straight with short sleep periods in between. My legs started to hurt after 1 and a half days, but this didn't change my mindset. I actually went to the pharmarcy (in order to go for a short walk, variety is the spice of life, right? :D ) to get some dietary supplements because I was sweating all the time and feared something like losing vitamin depots. Furthermore, I bought some "Voltaren" (a medical gel which eases pain) which I applied to my upper thighs. After around 2 days, I couldn't even sit on my butt anymore so I've spent the rest of the time standing next to the bike, pedalling with only one leg, switching between my legs every hour or so. Having earned all the trophies, I was finally able to calm down and I assure you, I've never felt such muscle soreness before in my life 1f630.png.

Greetings from Germany!

10/10! :D

Thats true dedication! :)

The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success. @Bizzy_Montana_

Once every few years and normally only when I'm getting sick with a cold/flu I have a weird sensation where everything feels like it's rushing at me, everything feels zoomed in and focussed, it happened more frequently as a kid and it would trigger nightmares.

Anyway this happened 5 years ago and started to come on one evening while playing Far Cry 3 just as I fought the Ink Giant hallucination. I can't tell you how weird that experience was and the timing of it all. No drugs involved.

As for sleep deprivation, definitely Valor Grand Cross from killzone 2, i had bought the game 2nd hand & inbetween buying & getting it the news came they'd shut down the servers

My god, a full week of gaming, basically exclusively, go to bed 12pm, wake at 4am, game practically all day

I had to work 3 days in that week as well, so by then, i was pretty much broken & hardly remembered what my name was xD

Then at sunday, the server didnt refresh the weekly leaderboards, so i had another full week (with 5 days of work) to do, but i took 3 days free then, i was honestly getting sick, headaches, just felt extremely weird, since even eating would become more of a 'quick a cookie now' & no 'real' meals

Other trophies i literally earned (or let get boosted on) while falling asleep during the grind (level 50 from Resogun comes to mind) 

As for drunk, it happens regularly, i tend to ease down in the sofa with a couple of beers after work, & gosh u can get drunk pretty fast that way

I play alot better when im a bit 'saturated' i'd call it, i risk more, dare to push myself

Real 'drunk' i wouldnt call it, i hate being drunk, so i always stop myself before i get there

• Like 1

The only thing that comes close is when I am going to have a migraine attack. Of course they are always at moments when you need them the least, like during a boosting session. I have tried to play through many an 'aura' (which are weird distortions of your vision that can last for about half an hour in my case) trying to finish off some trophy as quickly as possible before the headache would kick in. Not the best choice, but then again a promise is a promise and a trophy is a trophy :D

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 2

I was passing almost out when i tried to get the first place on WRC 6 on the PS4. Witch i did. It was a abnormal grind around 100/135 hours since things glitched on me. And i was only focusing on the 1st position and nothing else. I was grinding like crazy everyday for like 10/15 hours.

And I skipped sleep for a few times i remember it was a 22 hour grind for 1 day, and also i was starving while doing the grind and had a headache at the same time. 1 person was chasing me, witch was pureproteinman, and i remember he was spamming PSN messages asking me about things, while i sended messages back he was also grinding the miles at the same time.

It was almost like there where 2 persons, 1 was chatting to me, and the other 1 was playing to grind those miles while talking to me to slow me down.... Anyway. I can tell you this, i will never do that again. But i tried to do the challenge and i was proud that i did it. I can't remember other things but theres probably lots more with boosting. Like 15 hour sessions in 1 go.

Now i'm just doing it casually, i no more rush things that crazy like back in the day. I only will rush things if i rent a game, or if i have a gameshared game, or some game is in the way with space on the HDD, or if a game is shutting down.

Edited by TazDevilz1986
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, fbdbh said:

I've played Final Fantasy XIII and Skyrim completely messed up and really tired, and I just laughed and wondered what I was doing with my life.

I  Couldn't describe my life better than this, related to gaming :'DDD

8 minutes ago, Feral said:

If you're compatible of turning the console on while drunk, are you really drunk?

Anyway at least half of my trophies are earned while I'm severely sleep derived.

What if we never turn the console off^^

Guys, keep the stories going, they are way to funny :D

Edited by S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y

One morning I woke up to feeling pumped to beating the last boss of Bloodborne, which was all needed to net my first platinum trophy.

Lo and behold, I had already got it the night before, black out drunk after coming home after a friend's birthday.

I was proud, but almost felt cheated at the same time LOL

It's not drunk but it was definitely an abnormal condition: I kind of taught myself to earn trophies in my sleep for one game. It was for the affection trophies in both Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment & Hollow Realisation. Basically half the list was related to building points with each character and it was usually just a matter of tapping the same buttons over and over for hours on end and occasionally leaving the area to refresh. I'm talking days worth of grind. What i did was i started sleeping on the couch so i could grind it while falling asleep and noticed after a while i had started tapping the button in my sleep. Noticing this i steered into it and started aiming to work on them entirely while sleeping. Tapping the same button wasn't enough sometimes you had to refresh the area and come back and with time i started actually doing this in my sleep too. It wouldn't be possible to do in my sleep entirely since you need to see to leave the area but i think i just kept momentarily coming out of my sleep long enough to do it without any memory of it because i just kept waking up to trophies it was great.

It screwed up my sleep cycle massively and i started needing to nap during the day a lot but that just added more trophy grinding time so i could play other games while awake.

Edited by Terarded
  • Like 1

I remember earning some trophies in Spyro 3, after drinking with friends right before Christmas. I was so drunk, that I couldn't remember anything. I even tried replaying the levels I had completed while drunk, to see if I could recall anything, but no. Amazingly, I unlocked 3 trophies or something, and one of them was for some "ricochet"-attack that I apparently managed to pull off.

I can imagine it's awesome to play something like Resogun or so, while being very drunk. 

Well drinking doesn't relax me and I have no fun at all being drunk if I ever get there, bc alcohol makes me SO tired, I immediately go from awake and full of energy to deep sleep in under 30 minutes with no other states between.

Also I don't like the taste but that's a different story.

But one time I was very sick and was laying on my couch with 39°C fever. And as always when I am ill I just can't accept, that my body is going to stop me from enjoying my rare free time so I pushed and tried to earn trophies in that state. I realized that I was barely able to hold the controller but I managed to kill Zolltun Kull in Diablo 3 for the 500 bounties. So I killed him and restared adventuremode the whole night like 400 times and the best thing is, I only know that I managed to do that bc my husband told me, I don't even remember that boring shit and feel like I was sleeping that night xD

So I managed to get past that waste of time without really wasting time! xD 

Edited by AiManiaTrophyhunting