Varhur

How to get Grounded+ done by doing it backwards?

18 posts in this topic

I've been reading the guides, but i think i don't understand something. So, i've finished Easy and Easy+ by now, plus half a playthrough for maxing weapons (deleted that save once i got the trophy). Now, from what i heard, i should start reverse playthrough by starting Firefly Lab on Grounded on a new save file, then Bus Depot on second save, then Lakeside Resort on save with Lab, then Uni on Bus save and so on. But shouldn't that help me with Grounded trophy only and not Grounded+? Can anyone explain this to me, please? I know that i can use similar trick to start from Prologue, but i wanted to utilize the glitch.

Load up your ng+ file and then go into chapter select, choose to play the 2nd to last mission (i think it's the Firefly Lab you mentioned) on Grounded difficulty. After you finished the chapter, use chapter select again for the next chapter towards the beginning. rinse and repeat. You can even choose subparts like chapter 4 part 4 then part 3 etc etc. All in one savefile. When you finished all chapters to the first go to the epilogue/last mission. If all missions say completed on grounded you'll get the trophy/trophies

18 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Load up your ng+ file and then go into chapter select, choose to play the 2nd to last mission (i think it's the Firefly Lab you mentioned) on Grounded difficulty. After you finished the chapter, use chapter select again for the next chapter towards the beginning. rinse and repeat. You can even choose subparts like chapter 4 part 4 then part 3 etc etc. All in one savefile. When you finished all chapters to the first go to the epilogue/last mission. If all missions say completed on grounded you'll get the trophy/trophies

After that i should get all difficulty trophies, normal and NG+, Grounded ones included?

24 minutes ago, Varhur said:

After that i should get all difficulty trophies, normal and NG+, Grounded ones included?

Yes, however, there's not much benefit to doing it this way. You risk glitching out certain trophies, and you still have to play all of the chapters anyway, just out of order. 

The main advantage is getting to keep your upgraded weapons / supplements, rather than starting fresh with no upgrades. There's also a slight benefit of having extra ammo (since by going backwards all previous ammo still exists.)

Edit : Checked your trophies. You will save yourself one playthrough.

Edited by B1rvine

3 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

Yes, however, there's not much benefit to doing it this way. You risk glitching out certain trophies, and you still have to play all of the chapters anyway, just out of order. 

The main benefit is getting to keep your upgraded weapons / supplements, rather than starting fresh with no upgrades, but you deleted them. There's also a slight benefit of having extra ammo (since by going backwards all previous ammo still exists.) 

All i have left for platinum is difficulty trophies, can those glitch as well? I know that i shouldn't skip the final credits as that may break the playthrough.

Just now, Varhur said:

All i have left for platinum is difficulty trophies, can those glitch as well? I know that i shouldn't skip the final credits as that may break the playthrough.

Yeah, I edited my last post a bit. Collectibles and similar trophies have a high chance of disappearing or not popping using this. You should be good to go.

4 minutes ago, Varhur said:

Load your playthrough after NG+ and do it normally, why the trouble?

How backwords this is, why don't you just play the game? This seems like a lot of work for doing something so simple. 

2 minutes ago, KaiserVendrix said:

How backwords this is, why don't you just play the game? This seems like a lot of work for doing something so simple. 

Not really much work, it's just that the wording of methods is confusing.

While it's your choice, you're doing yourself a disservice by not playing the game on grounded/grounded+ from beginning to end, that difficulty was where the game really shined imo and i found it incredibly difficult and enjoyed how tense the game felt that playing on easy i don't feel would capture.

1 hour ago, DEI2EK said:

While it's your choice, you're doing yourself a disservice by not playing the game on grounded/grounded+ from beginning to end, that difficulty was where the game really shined imo and i found it incredibly difficult and enjoyed how tense the game felt that playing on easy i don't feel would capture.

Maybe, but now i just kinda want to get over it (not dissing the game). Maybe i'll do Remastered version legit one day. And even then, i suck at shooters, so i'd expect it to be not a lot of fun.

Edited by Varhur

1 hour ago, HaserPL said:

Load your playthrough after NG+ and do it normally, why the trouble?

I'm the type of guy who could put the gun to your skull, pull the trigger and still miss. In other words, i want to avoid frustration.

27 minutes ago, Varhur said:

I'm the type of guy who could put the gun to your skull, pull the trigger and still miss. In other words, i want to avoid frustration.

What's there to be frustrated about? I'd bet that entering and leaving the game all the time to play all these chapters in some weird order, that sounds waay worse.

9 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

What's there to be frustrated about? I'd bet that entering and leaving the game all the time to play all these chapters in some weird order, that sounds waay worse.

It goes like that

1. I load Firefly Lab on Grounded, make new save file

2. Finish it

3. Quit to main menu once Jackson starts

4. Start Bus Depot on Grounded, make another save file

5. Finish it

6. Quit to main menu once Firefly Lab starts

7. Start Lakeside Resort, overwrite Lab save file.

and so on

Now i'm at fight alongside David. And trust me, missing nearly every shot that puts you at game over, it is frustrating as hell. I can't for example have a consistent 3 kills when first 3 runners charge at the house, i'll always do something dumb, like shoot between the legs two times or when your life/death decision ends with you stupidly missing that runner with arrow.

Edited by Varhur

28 minutes ago, Varhur said:

It goes like that

1. I load Firefly Lab on Grounded, make new save file

2. Finish it

3. Quit to main menu once Jackson starts

4. Start Bus Depot on Grounded, make another save file

5. Finish it

6. Quit to main menu once Firefly Lab starts

7. Start Lakeside Resort, overwrite Lab save file.

and so on

Now i'm at fight alongside David. And trust me, missing nearly every shot that puts you at game over, it is frustrating as hell. I can't for example have a consistent 3 kills when first 3 runners charge at the house, i'll always do something dumb, like shoot between the legs two times or when your life/death decision ends with you stupidly missing that runner with arrow.

still a waste of time imo

3 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

still a waste of time imo

I fail to see how, could you explain? Unless you're saying that doing Grounded is waste of time.

Edited by Varhur

12 minutes ago, Varhur said:

I fail to see how, could you explain? Unless you're saying that doing Grounded is waste of time.

1. You keep your upgrades with NG+ and you can have way better supply management when you play normally, AFAIK chapter select gives you some bullshit scraps vs what you could bring playing normally.

2. You will waste a lot of time watching loading screens etc.

3. in what way this out of order method is superior to the normal playthrough? I've done the platinum 3 times, I just can't see any pros about it.

Yeah, I did this starting from the beginning to the end. Of course, Grounded+ was at that point my tenth playthrough of the game, so I knew every pattern and every mistake not to make. For anyone saying it's impossible to do this normally, no it's not; if my untalented ass can do it, anyone can. Your stealth has to be 100% on point and you have to be a crack shot with the bow. But it can be done.

Edited by damon8r351