Trophy thoughts?

Malachen

31 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Looks like a game you can easily platinum without needing a guide and all those nonsense all the time. These are the games I like the most nowadays.

And ofcourse can't wait to relive another ps1 gem

Spot on with this. Some of the secret areas and getting 100% souls can be challenging for some levels but nowhere near needing a guide to get through the game. That being said I might look at writing one cos I loved the game so much back in the day if someone hasn't already jumped on it. (my first written walkthrough was to this game and posted to a friend via actual physical mail lol)

11 hours ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

Really can't wait for this! 

The same day I'll also buy COD and The Outer Worlds, but I'll start this one for first

Of the three games, this is the only one I'm interested in.  I will definitely be grabbing it.

Also, I would like to mention that I really like the artwork for the trophies.  It looks like they are unique for each trophy, which is a nice touch.  It looks like some effort was put into designing this list which is something I appreciate.

Edited by LordBilbanes

The trophy images are indeed excellent, always nice to see that little bit of care and attention put into a game. I never played Medievil on PSP, so this will be my first revisit to Gallowmere since the PSX era. I also didn't get to experience Medievil 2, so maybe that game will also get a full on remake?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Durandart said:

thats true, they also changes a lot of things in Spyro&Crash so why not here.

but like the most games i play i won't look at the trophys in the first run, and play just for fun :)

if i need another playthrough for something, then lets play again :D

but thanks for the answer. :)

I'm definitely going to do a blind run first like you :) want to savour every moment of it. I remember playing the original back in the day and it was one of my all time favourites. Can't wait for this!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ManOfDeath567 said:

Looks like there might be some new gameplay elements.  "Give the Knights of Gallowmere everything you have." for Almost a Hero? Never heard of this before. But I really look forward to this.

I feel like this may be related to something near the end of the game.

There is a mechanic in the last boss fight that I think this may relate to.

Is anyone having problems with the Deathy Smorgasbord trophy? I'm trying every possible way to get it but nothing popped up, even thou I died in about 20 different ways (and completed the level immediately after just in case). There must be something more "specifical" to do in order to unlock it....

3 hours ago, IosonoOtakuman said:

Is anyone having problems with the Deathy Smorgasbord trophy? I'm trying every possible way to get it but nothing popped up, even thou I died in about 20 different ways (and completed the level immediately after just in case). There must be something more "specifical" to do in order to unlock it....

I found this mate

*Glitched for some Players* – There is a widespread glitch (but not everyone is affected) where this trophy doesn’t unlock. A possible fix is to delete the MediEvil saves games (PS4 Settings > Application Saved Data Management) and also reinstall the game (delete and install again). Reinstalling and start fresh often fixes trophy bugs. You can get the trophy by the time you reach Level 4 so it only takes about 15-20 minutes to get.

For this only “Game Over” screens count (used up all life bottles and the level will restart upon game over). Using a Life Bottle (a health bar getting emptied but you are being revived) doesn’t count towards the trophy!

To ensure the game tracks your deaths correctly it’s recommended that you finish the level after dying there.

Here’s a list of deaths, just try them all and finish the level afterward (the game doesn’t seem to count some of them but counts others, so just keep going through the deaths until trophy pops):

1. Killed by Zombies – The Graveyard: These are the default enemies everywhere.
  2. Drowning – The Graveyard: Jump into the deep water at the end of the Graveyard Level.
  3. Lava – Cemetery Hill: Jump into the pool of lava at the foot of the mountain where the rocks roll in.
  4. Rolling Rocks – Cemetery Hill: Let the rolling rocks kill you.
  5. Fire – Cemetery Hill: In the starting area are several fireplaces. Stand in them and let the fire burn you to death.
  6. Falling – Cemetery Hill: Once you reach the top of the hill, jump down the side and let it kill you
  7. Crystal Spikes – The Hilltop Mausoleum: Throughout the level are crystal spikes on the floor, jump onto them to get a game over.
  8. Collapsing Floor – The Hilltop Mausoleum: After you pick up the earth rune, the floor will crumble. Just don’t escape and let it kill you.
  9. Bats – Scarecrow Fields: In the first building that requires blue rune are bats that can kill you.
  10. Corn Killers – Scarecrow Fields: Near the end of this level walk through the cornfields and let the corn killers get you.
  11. Windmill Blade – Scarecrow Fields: There’s a spinning Windmill Blade halfway through the level, let it kill you.
  12. Traps – Scarecrow Fields: At the very end of the level are lots of traps, let them kill you. You can also try dying from each of the traps here, but it’s unclear if each one counts as a different death.
  13. Cannon Bombs – Inside the Asylum: During this level there’s a room with cannons shooting at you, let them kill you.
  14. Giant Bird protecting its Nest – The Enchanted Earth: During this level you must go to a birds nest to steal the eggs from there. Let the bird that protects the nest kill you.
  15. Crystal Falling on Head – The Crystal Caves: During the Dragon Boss Fight, hit the floor with green crystals and stand where the green crystal is on the ceiling, let it kill you.
  16. Dragon Serpent – The Gallows Gauntlet: A Dragon Serpent spawns after walking through the fire that requires the Dragon Armor. Let it kill you.
  17. Cannon Balls killing you / pushing you off Ship – The Ghost Ship: Throughout the Ship are many Cannons. Let the cannonballs kill you. Additionally, you can also try letting them push you off the side of the ship where you have to get the red rune.
  18. Clock Handles – The Time Device: There are several traps throughout the level. At the start you must take the left path to get the purple rune, on the way are some clock handles on the floor that can kill you.
  19. Electricity – Zarok’s Lair: During the final boss fight against Zarok, he will spawn some electric grid on the floor during his final phase. Walk in the electric grid and get fried by his electricity.
  20. Bosses – You can also try getting killed by each of the individual bosses in the game (8 total).
  21. Other Enemies – You can try getting killed by every type of enemy in the game, but it’s unclear if different enemies count as different deaths.

Credit PowerPyx

Hi guys, for “Deathly Smorgasbord” trophy try to die in “The Haunted Ruins”. After using the crown, a countdown will start and try not to run away and let the time run out. The trophy should pop after the game over. (don’t try to reinstall, i’ve tried in ten ways, it’s not useful. So instead, finally, I got it with this method)

P.S. Damn, I should have had platinum since yesterday and beyond. ?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, MakkutheCrazy said:

Hi guys, for “Deathly Smorgasbord” trophy try to die in “The Haunted Ruins”. After using the crown, a countdown will start and try not to run away and let the time run out. The trophy should pop after the game over. (don’t try to reinstall, i’ve tried in ten ways, it’s not useful. So instead, finally, I got it with this method)

P.S. Damn, I should have had platinum since yesterday and beyond. 1f62d.png

HOLY S***, IT WORKED!!!! Thanks a lot! I'm gonna quote you in my guide! ?

13 hours ago, APCGrayLocked said:

i confirm too that dying by letting the timer out, unlocks the trophy.

Did you have a bunch of other deaths at this point or was it just this single death? Only died twice so far and nearly at this level so wondering if a farm some other deaths first or can just die in this level.