Neocarleen

[NA] Halloween Sale | Ends 11/1 8am PT

59 posts in this topic

This Halloween sale is terrible to be honest. Bunch of boring games I have no interest in. I guess I'll keep waiting for the Christmas sales.

Resident Evil 2, a 3/10.  You sure you're not talking about the original game?  Cause I'm sure HUNK would like to have a word with you. 

And all those Life Is Strange/Telltale games are 0/10s with a guide. 

Destroy All Humans looks like just the right kind of fun I need, and I might finally pay for Murdered Soul Suspect.

1 hour ago, ZZ383 said:

Resident Evil 2, a 3/10.  You sure you're not talking about the original game?  Cause I'm sure HUNK would like to have a word with you. 

There’s a special gun you can get from dlc that will one-shot-kill all enemies. Obviously, it makes beating the game a lot easier.

3 hours ago, rolltideroll157 said:

What are you talking about? They have always charged for each episode or the season pass. 

He's talking about the fact that almost every Episode 1 for all series was made free not long after the season finale.  I'm not sure if they just failed to do it with their most recent titles, or if whoever owns the rights now changed it back to paid.  But nearly every series got a free Episode 1 at some point.

Somewhat expect that Graveyard Keeper would be put on Halloween Sale but no. Next stop is Black Friday then.

5 hours ago, PooPooBlast said:

Highly recommend Alien isolation. Play it with headphones too because the sound effects is just so so good. Tense music plays at the right moment, Ripley's breathing and footsteps makes it come to life and the alien's "3D audio" makes it super immersive.

Thanks for the feedback! I was gonna get it last time it went on sale, but I decided to go against it. But since I'm in a gaming stump, why not? Plus there's not many Halloween themed games out / on sale. 😅

Oh and I know this is a cheap indie title as is, but I'm surprised that Halloween Forever isn't on sale. 😂

19 hours ago, xAmaezingx said:

Thanks for the feedback! I was gonna get it last time it went on sale, but I decided to go against it. But since I'm in a gaming stump, why not?

Plus there's not many Halloween themed games out / on sale. 😅

Fantastic. 

There are a plethora of Halloween themed games on both out and on sale. This topic is literally acknowledging the Halloween themed sale on PSN. Now Dead Nation, Dying Light, and Until Dawn, all horror games that have in-fact gone on sale several times to say the least, especially the first two, may not be on sale this time around (somehow surprisingly in neither the NA or EU sale outside Dying Light, which is in the latter), but there are still literally plenty of other horror titles on sale, including bad, average, good, and great ones, which are all ultimately still Halloween themed. Multiple even have excellently written stories, for those that care about story and favor it over gameplay. 

Edited by EcoShifter

5 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

Fantastic. 

There are a plethora of Halloween themed games on both out and on sale. This topic is literally acknowledging the Halloween themed sale on PSN. Now Dead Nation, Dying Light, and Until Dawn, all horror games that have in-fact gone on sale several times to say the least, especially the first two, may not be on sale this time around (somehow surprisingly in neither the NA or EU sale.. like tf), but there are still literally plenty of other horror titles on sale, including bad, average, good, and great ones, which are all ultimately still Halloween themed. Multiple even have excellently written stories, for those that care about story and favor it over gameplay. 

That's true, and I agree. Though I mostly meant this sale, cause who doesn't love saving money. Haha. For the "Halloween" theme, I think Sony mostly nailed it. As for the games that you listed, I tried playing Dying Light and I couldn't get into it. Dead Nation I haven't played, and Until Dawn is pretty fun. Though I do wish we got the three original DOOM games like the EU store. 

12 hours ago, Milktastrophe said:

They're charging now for the first episodes of TellTale games? I have even less faith than I did before in these new rights holders.

That was exactly my thinking.

11 hours ago, Matto_lsi said:

He's talking about the fact that almost every Episode 1 for all series was made free not long after the season finale.  I'm not sure if they just failed to do it with their most recent titles, or if whoever owns the rights now changed it back to paid.  But nearly every series got a free Episode 1 at some point.

The argument is still redundant because the entire collection is on sale. Whether episode 1 is free or not in it is completely irrelevant, especially with the great sale's price of the collection. And being "disappointed in the new shareholders" is pretty stupid considering they put their collection on sale literally a month after release and for a great price at that.

4 hours ago, xAmaezingx said:

That's true, and I agree. Though I mostly meant this sale, cause who doesn't love saving money. Haha. For the "Halloween" theme, I think Sony mostly nailed it. As for the games that you listed, I tried playing Dying Light and I couldn't get into it. Dead Nation I haven't played, and Until Dawn is pretty fun. Though I do wish we got the three original DOOM games like the EU store. 

Actually, just remembered that like Days' Gone, Dead Nation and Until Dawn (The Impatient and Alienation) was in the sale that ended yesterday, so their omission here does make some sense. Like The Last of Us, Dying Light starts off a bit slow, which is fine because it more than makes up for it later. With games slowly paced in the beginning like it, you have to give it time before you get to the amazing parts, especially given it is a heavy progression based (RPG) game.

Edited by EcoShifter

Checks out sale....  Move along, nothing to see here.

17 hours ago, ZZ383 said:

And all those Life Is Strange/Telltale games are 0/10s with a guide. 

Destroy All Humans looks like just the right kind of fun I need, and I might finally pay for Murdered Soul Suspect.

Murdered Soul Suspect is actually a little underrated, I used a guide and platinumed it in 7 hours or so i think, yet I still enjoyed the story and even the gameplay but that's just me

WesMJ12.png

Only a few great deals, on games I have. The rest aren’t too great, and most of the games don’t interest me even if they were cheaper. Big meh from me.

On 10/15/2019 at 10:19 PM, Neocarleen said:

There’s a special gun you can get from dlc that will one-shot-kill all enemies. Obviously, it makes beating the game a lot easier.

The only thing I see that could be of benefit is quick access to infinite weapons. Still doesn't make 4th Suvivor easy.

17 hours ago, WesMJ12 said:

Murdered Soul Suspect is actually a little underrated, I used a guide and platinumed it in 7 hours or so i think, yet I still enjoyed the story and even the gameplay but that's just me

WesMJ12.png

I finished it about 20 minutes ago. Definitely need a guide to find all the collectibles. I didn't see this as a game, but as interactive fiction. Heavy Rain and such like. The most gamey part of it is dodging and sneaking the dementors. The story wasn't as bad as I was expecting based on reviews. Gameplay again, I get, doesn't exist, but wow the story was decent. Worth my $2 yes. 

23 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

The argument is still redundant because the entire collection is on sale. Whether episode 1 is free or not in it is completely irrelevant, especially with the great sale's price of the collection. 

The whole reason that first episodes were given for free was to tease someone into buying the full season pass. Further, many people already own large parts of the collection, so the "great sale's [sic] price" of that is hardly a starter. And finally, the fact that 4+ seasons of TWD are on sale doesn't make discussion of the policies for the sale of a single season "redundant".  I would guess a lot of people already own large swaths of this collection; I personally own season 1 and 2. Paying $35 for the remaining seasons I don't own is hardly great.

And finally, you're free to think that 30% off for a series of mostly old (and in some cases, VERY old) games is a great price. I don't. Honestly, I think the new rights holders really have no idea what they're doing. Certainly, I don't see much interest in their property being generated by these "great" sales. Maybe (MAYBE) if the final season was listed at 30% off, we'd have something, but of course, only the first episode is cheaper. Assuming you can find episodes 2, 3 and 4 individually (I currently can't find them) at the normal $4.99 price, that's a whopping savings of 12.5%. That hardly gets the blood pumping.

But anyway, getting back to the thread at hand, I think this sale is lackluster, like many before it. I might pick up the game Daydreamer, though I don't like the graphical style of it.

Edited by starcrunch061

1 hour ago, ZZ383 said:

I finished it about 20 minutes ago. Definitely need a guide to find all the collectibles. I didn't see this as a game, but as interactive fiction. Heavy Rain and such like. The most gamey part of it is dodging and sneaking the dementors. The story wasn't as bad as I was expecting based on reviews. Gameplay again, I get, doesn't exist, but wow the story was decent. Worth my $2 yes. 

Seems like a bad game based on that. Even if only $2, valuable time investment is also important.

42 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

The whole reason that first episodes were given for free was to tease someone into buying the full season pass. Further, many people already own large parts of the collection, so the "great sale's [sic] price" of that is hardly a starter. And finally, the fact that 4+ seasons of TWD are on sale doesn't make discussion of the policies for the sale of a single season "redundant".  I would guess a lot of people already own large swaths of this collection; I personally own season 1 and 2. Paying $35 for the remaining seasons I don't own is hardly great.

And finally, you're free to think that 30% off for a series of mostly old (and in some cases, VERY old) games is a great price. I don't. Honestly, I think the new rights holders really have no idea what they're doing. Certainly, I don't see much interest in their property being generated by these "great" sales. Maybe (MAYBE) if the final season was listed at 30% off, we'd have something, but of course, only the first episode is cheaper. Assuming you can find episodes 2, 3 and 4 individually (I currently can't find them) at the normal $4.99 price, that's a whopping savings of 12.5%. That hardly gets the blood pumping.

First episode being free means absolutely nothing, especially in comparison to an entire collection of 5 whole seasons + a spinoff for the case of TWD. It's naturally irrelevant for their other games as well because they're a set of series. Many people also don't own any part of the TWD collection, especially parts past the 1st season as people have the false notion that only it is good or the one worth playing. Yes it does make the argument redundant, because this topic is about games' sale, yet the blatantly irrelevant argument that the first episodes from Telltale games aren't free, which is also misleading because not all—if even half—of their IPs had their first episodes free, is being discussed. Episode 1 of TWD in particular is meaningless with the entire collection on sale, which applies to TWAU and any other Tt IP; that's not hard to understand whatsoever. The sale not being great for you doesn't mean it's not generally great. Sales' quality aren't centered around your desires and your game catalog. I have all TWD games, and yet that game's sale price is still great for newcomers, especially this particular collection which isn't just the old originals re-released.

This is the definitive version of the games that released LAST MONTH, which comes with brand new features not included in any other version of the game, all given 30% off... rather than the typical 0% off or 15-20%. They could have omitted it from the sale all together, as other publishers have "selfishly" done for their games that've released even much earlier. 

MTL;DR This sale, which includes the September 2019's release of the TWD:TTDS, and topic, which purpose is to showcase and discuss the Halloween themed sale, in no way justifies any feelings to think negatively of the new Tt TWD shareholders, at all; in-fact it should do the opposite, and the first episodes of Tt's IPs not being free is completely off topic.

Edited by EcoShifter

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 1:32 AM, xAmaezingx said:

Thanks for the feedback! I was gonna get it last time it went on sale, but I decided to go against it. But since I'm in a gaming stump, why not? Plus there's not many Halloween themed games out / on sale. 😅

Oh and I know this is a cheap indie title as is, but I'm surprised that Halloween Forever isn't on sale. 😂

Even though it's not on sale, I highly recommend Observer from the Bloober team. It's a futuristic/sci-fi horror game. Think Blade Runner meets Flatliners. You are a detective that can plug into people to interrogate them but you're not supposed to use it on dead people...since his son is involved, he decides to break the rules and you go into the heads/minds of the deceased to figure out the mystery of their death and puts you on the path of the killer. Some people get turned off by not being able to fight back and hiding/stealth from the monsters but this story was so damn good

anyone have thoughts on nights of azure? 

On 10/16/2019 at 0:31 PM, EcoShifter said:

Actually, just remembered that like Days' Gone, Dead Nation and Until Dawn (The Impatient and Alienation) was in the sale that ended yesterday, so their omission here does make some sense. Like The Last of Us, Dying Light starts off a bit slow, which is fine because it more than makes up for it later. With games slowly paced in the beginning like it, you have to give it time before you get to the amazing parts, especially given it is a heavy progression based (RPG) game.

I'm not disagreeing that none of the games in the sale shouldn't be here, though I did expect to see a few indie titles. Honestly, I didn't think the Last Of Us started off slow. The story was intriguing from the start, in my opinion. But Dying Light as far as I got I couldn't get into it, plus it really reminded me of Dead Island.

10 hours ago, trojbrown40 said:

Even though it's not on sale, I highly recommend Observer from the Bloober team. It's a futuristic/sci-fi horror game. Think Blade Runner meets Flatliners. You are a detective that can plug into people to interrogate them but you're not supposed to use it on dead people...since his son is involved, he decides to break the rules and you go into the heads/minds of the deceased to figure out the mystery of their death and puts you on the path of the killer. Some people get turned off by not being able to fight back and hiding/stealth from the monsters but this story was so damn good

Oh yeah, I saw the trailer for Observer before when I was looking at Layers Of Fear awhile back. I also don't mind not being able to fight back, stealth survival games are pretty fun. Hopefully the Layers of Fear and Observer Bundle will go on sale at one point, that would be pretty awesome!

On 10/16/2019 at 9:31 AM, EcoShifter said:

The argument is still redundant because the entire collection is on sale. Whether episode 1 is free or not in it is completely irrelevant, especially with the great sale's price of the collection. And being "disappointed in the new shareholders" is pretty stupid considering they put their collection on sale literally a month after release and for a great price at that.

Neither Batman season 1 or season 2 passes are on sale in NA. These are the ones I was referring to because episode 1 of each is now "on sale." I'm disappointed in the new rights holders because this isn't a case of the sale price not being as good as it was in the past, but because it's a case of they bought the rights and then increased the regular price of the product.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2026-CUSA05332_00-BATM000000000000

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2026-CUSA09313_00-BAT20000000000SP

Batman Season 1 Episode 1

https://en.psprices.com/region-us/game/270468/batman-the-telltale-series-episode-1-realm-of-shadows

zhor651.png

Batman Season 2 Episode 1

https://en.psprices.com/region-us/game/1718260/batman-the-enemy-within-episode-1

7XLULbH.png

3 hours ago, xAmaezingx said:

I'm not disagreeing that none of the games in the sale shouldn't be here, though I did expect to see a few indie titles.

Honestly, I didn't think the Last Of Us started off slow. The story was intriguing from the start, in my opinion. But Dying Light as far as I got I couldn't get into it, plus it really reminded me of Dead Island.

Other suitable indie titles—Dead Nation, Alienation, The Impatient, FE—were in the previous sale, so that was the time to get those. This sale has some nice surprises and games that weren't in last year's sale, like Subnautica, The Forest, The Sinking City, and more (which includes, at least, 4-5 big titles all released this year). It's also nice that there are multiple titles that are in-fact much cheaper this time around, like Styx Shards of Darkness, Remothered, Outlast 2, Agony, etc, but this sale could have included more indie games, actually. 

It does in-fact start off slow, though, with little combat, little variety in weaponry, little story, and consistently scripted slowed down sections. The beginning to the first interaction you finally have with Robert is always terrible. It's a spiritual successor to it, and the game isn't for everyone, especially those who favor linear games.

As for Layers of Fear and observer, those are actually included in the Halloween EU sale (of course 😞).

Spoiler

But they were also included in last year's NA Halloween sale.

The NA sale does, however, compensate with similar alternative titles (whether EU also has them or not), such as Remothered: Tormented Fathers, Get Even (story wise), Perception: Remastered (may'be), Home Sweet Home, and/or Man of Medan. Although, EU also got that awesome Blasphemous game 😧.

Edited by EcoShifter

thanks for shearing dude i wish some discount for the witcher 3

14 hours ago, RJP_X said:

anyone have thoughts on nights of azure? 

I found it quite dull.