Fire on Water glitched?

TheKirbs

I haven't seen anyone say with definitive proof that you didn't need the flamethrower (and several accounts of the opposite, in fact), but my own experience says that fire arrows and javelins do not count. I haven't gotten that far in the story yet, but my aim is to know for sure in a day or two.

So it appears that the flamethrower isn't required to progress the trophy, only trigger the unlock. I unlocked the flamethrower and, after completely upgrading it, the first ship I set ablaze with it unlocked the trophy.

I can say with absolute certainty that I set untold numbers of ships on fire with fire arrows and javelins, so it appears that there are enough loopholes in the coding that everyone has a different experience.

• 2 months later...

So I can confirm for future reference for anyone reading this post, no flamethrower needed. Ships have to be "on fire" not just fire damage. Which means that the white circle had to be around the fire symbol above the ship in order for it to count. You may have to hit them with fire arrows or javelins several times to fully fill that fire symbol to make the white circle appear around the symbol. I completed the trophy before getting the flamethrower so definitely doable without. 

Edited by balambrulers