Riot announced that League of legends plus a bunch of new games will be coming to console.

iGGTheEnd

I didn't see this posted yet so I figured I would as I spent probably 8 years playing League before quitting a couple of years ago.

The VOD is long and I am at work so I can't timestamp each game but Riot has announced League of legends will be coming to console and I can only assume the other games will be as well.

-A tactical shooter like CSGO with abilities like overwatch.

-A game that looks like Diablo with League characters.

-A card game (took long enough)

-A fighter game kind of like Tekken and streetfighter with League characters.

They had also mentioned MMO's but no announcement yet but I assume a League mmo is coming.

They also announced an animated series, unsure if it will be an anime or not but 16 year old me wanted this so badly.

I am honestly more excited for this than I have been for anything gaming related in years.

Looks like Riot is looking to end Activision Blizzard lol.

Now just give us full trophy lists for each game please.

Edited by iGGTheEnd
  • Like 2

I quit League years ago, so I'm not sure if I'd go back to it on console. Maybe I'd go back for the trophies if they're not too crazy. 

I might try out the fighting game and the Diablo-type game. Fighting game looks like it's going to be a 2D fighter like Street Fighter rather than a 3D fighter like Tekken, but we're still in the early stages, so things could change.

I'm really excited for the release of all of this, my only issue is it won't be a linked with your original league profile. So my wallet is in danger with all those amazing skins all over again.

It's like they planned this announcement right after blizzard has been doing a good job of burying itself lately.

1 minute ago, cynical_fate said:

I'm really excited for the release of all of this, my only issue is it won't be a linked with your original league profile. So my wallet is in danger with all those amazing skins all over again.

It can be linked, but they won`t do a shared inventory cause not all champs will be in the mobile/console version. At least that`s what the guy said the reality though is that they just want the moneys... But apparently you will get a headstart bz linking your acc`s. Wonder if the console version will be f2p.

Anyway this is sick as fuck, lol is one of my all time fave games so I`m really hype for all of these announcements. 

One of the most toxic games in living memory from one of the more disgusting companies is coming to console? How nice, can't wait to never play this game. No seriously though, LOL is right up there with DOTA 2 in terms of having the most toxic communities and experiences in gaming history, nothing currently on console (well except one game perhaps) could ever even dream to come remotely close to it. Any potential new player be warned, I have played Mobas for years and still occasionally play Dota 2, you will witness an unparallelled toxicity, regular game ruining behavior and general lack of any and all manners or boundaries. If you do not have a dedicated group to play this with, and you don't get off on being screamed at in foreign languages regularly, better stay away from this game. The quality of the game aside, this is something that should be forced to be part of the games advertisement as a key feature, because I know it ruined these kind of games for many people and the companies in charge do fuck all about it.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Nighcisama said:

One of the most toxic games in living memory from one of the more disgusting companies is coming to console? How nice, can't wait to never play this game. No seriously though, LOL is right up there with DOTA 2 in terms of having the most toxic communities and experiences in gaming history, nothing currently on console (well except one game perhaps) could ever even dream to come remotely close to it. Any potential new player be warned, I have played Mobas for years and still occasionally play Dota 2, you will witness an unparallelled toxicity, regular game ruining behavior and general lack of any and all manners or boundaries. If you do not have a dedicated group to play this with, and you don't get off on being screamed at in foreign languages regularly, better stay away from this game. The quality of the game aside, this is something that should be forced to be part of the games advertisement as a key feature, because I know it ruined these kind of games for many people and the companies in charge do fuck all about it.

This is so true. Back when I played LoL I would genuinely just mute/ignore all teammates and enemies and just play the game with zero communication. The fact that my winrate actually increased says a lot about the community.

No idea how they're gonna make this work smoothly for consoles but if nothing else it will be an entertaining shitshow.

• Like 2

Dang LoL is funny asf. I remember when i played the beta of lol. I showed it to my cousin and he played it 24 7 for years xD. Its true bout the community is toxic we dissed noobs all the time when they fed the enemys etc great times hah. Warwick jungling F t W!!!