How many buggy trophies does the game still have?

ReverseLag

I'm planning on streaming and playing this until getting platinum but I'm scared that I'm gonna have to end up doing another full play-through because of a buggy trophy.

Last time I saw there was 3. Is that still the case? Is Gearbox aware of these and did they say anything about fixing them?

Most of the trophies have been reported as glitched at some point or other but the main ones are as follows:

Bolt-Ons

My Name Is Earl

Tales From The Eridian Slab - Can be fixed by repeatedly rescanning the story related Eridian Slab in the Infirmary on Sanctuary III.

Master Of All You Survey

It's unknown if Gearbox knows about this problem or even cares so don't expect a fix anytime soon. There are no guaranteed fixes for most of the trophy glitches so all you can do is make lots of backups and restore one if something goes wrong. You can reduce your chances of having a trophy glitch, by playing solo and avoiding Co-Op unless it's absolutely necessary. The root cause for many of the trophy glitches, is the knackered stat tracking which is beyond broken and cannot be taken seriously so follow a guide and tick off all the locations, collectibles and missions as you complete/find them.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Most of the trophies have been reported as glitched at some point or other but the main ones are as follows:

Bolt-Ons

My Name Is Earl

Tales From The Eridian Slab - Can be fixed by repeatedly rescanning the story related Eridian Slab in the Infirmary on Sanctuary III.

Master Of All You Survey

It's unknown if Gearbox knows about this problem or even cares so don't expect a fix anytime soon. There are no guaranteed fixes for most of the trophy glitches so all you can do is make lots of backups and restore one if something goes wrong. You can reduce your chances of having a trophy glitch, by playing solo and avoiding Co-Op unless it's absolutely necessary. The root cause for many of the trophy glitches, is the knackered stat tracking which is beyond broken and cannot be taken seriously so follow a guide and tick off all the locations, collectibles and missions as you complete/find them.

Damn, that's still so much. I'll exclusively play solo, I don't wanna risk them getting glitched :/

just play it, its way easier and faster then the other borderlands. it shouldnt take longer then a week and thats playing slow and comfortable without even really looking at trophies. i didnt have any issues played solo and then co op at the end with the waves but i also made a backup save 3 times on flash drives before i did anything co op because i do that with every game just in case.

Edited by melodicmizery
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

just play it, its way easier and faster then the other borderlands. it shouldnt take longer then a week and then playing slow and comfortable without even really looking at trophies. I didn't have any issues played solo and then co op at the end with the waves but i also made a backup save 3 times on flash drives before i did anything co op because i do that with every game just in case.

This^

I played almost exclusively solo and the only trophy that glitched, was "Tales From The Eridian Slab" but I fixed it pretty quickly. I also have a couple of backups in case anything does goes wrong.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ReverseLag said:

Are there any good sections to make backups or did you just make some random ones based on how long you played?

there wasnt really anything hard in the game, there is one boss that you might want to save after. youll know when you play him because the game is cakewalk until that bs. other then that i just saved everytime i was done for the day. i think i had one blue screen which i forgot to mention but i felt the game lagging before it happened there was just way to much going on at once and it crashed. but one crash isnt bad. couple of other weird bugs but they didnt seem to impact anything.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

there wasnt really anything hard in the game, there is one boss that you might want to save after. youll know when you play him because the game is cakewalk until that bs. other then that i just saved everytime i was done for the day. i think i had one blue screen which i forgot to mention but i felt the game lagging before it happened there was just way to much going on at once and it crashed. but one crash isnt bad. couple of other weird bugs but they didnt seem to impact anything.

If you're referring to Peter, the Anointed - he was nerfed a while back so is no longer a problem :).

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MrDelDante said:

Damn, Gina glitched for me. Completed the game and this never popped. Also the Eridian Slab trophy didn't pop either, but I'll try the Sanctuary slab to see if I can get round it.

Anyone elses checklist bug out too?

WLiTrUb.jpg

The stat tracking for this game is royally messed up and cannot be trusted. My completed tracker, says I'm at 110% completion and have discovered way more chests and locations than even exist in the game.

On 10/21/2019 at 9:55 AM, HuntingFever said:

The stat tracking for this game is royally messed up and cannot be trusted. My completed tracker, says I'm at 110% completion and have discovered way more chests and locations than even exist in the game.

Sanctuary slab scanned a few more times and Eridian Writings trophy popped. Now shows 40/30 scanned >_<

“My Name is Earl” should be done at the end game, as it’s purely all cosmetic (don’t know if the weapons vending machine counts as well so I avoided that.)

You’ll need a TON of those purple crystals. I had over 2,500 at near end game, uploaded the save file to ps plus, and buy whatever until I popped the trophy. And I managed to pop the trophy tied to getting an amount of skins along with this one as well.

Once the trophy popped, I downloaded the save and have all the crystals back, just in case Earl’s vending machine offers better weapons from time to time (it doesn’t for me!)

On 21/10/2019 at 9:01 AM, MrDelDante said:

Damn, Gina glitched for me. Completed the game and this never popped. Also the Eridian Slab trophy didn't pop either, but I'll try the Sanctuary slab to see if I can get round it.

Anyone elses checklist bug out too?

WLiTrUb.jpg

Damn Gina unlocked for me ok. It looks like you will need to do another play through for that unfortunately. But this time before getting the FINAL treasure, save and upload it to ps plus.

Then grab it and if the trophy doesn’t pop, download the game save and try again.

The slabs one glitched on me, so after checking each world to see if I have them all, I deleted the game and installed it and rejected the patch. Checked the area trackers (NOT the world tracker as those aren’t very accurate. Check it all even if it says 100% completed.) and I’m missing two and I scanned those, went back to the lab and scanned it four times and the trophy popped.

Edited by KHDelBoy

Yeah I'm not playing through it again. BL3 hasn't gripped me as much as the previous 2. Slaughterstar 3000 is the only mission that I haven't done, so missing out on the all side quest trophy, all sluaghterstar missions trophy, and Damn, Gina (glitched). Ah well.

• Like 1