Little Rant About Metal Gear The Legacy Collection

AccessEngage21

Ok....After play almost every game this collection has to offer right now (beat MGS2, 3, Peace Walker and 4), i have a more than bittersweet things to say

well, first the collection itself, i never going to get why Metal Gear Solid and the VR missions are dlc for jesus sake T.T, it bothers me greatly than a blu-ray cannot handle 2 psx games

and why did put the original 2 games (the MSX games) in MGS3  and not make a menu with all of them togethers!......geez

And i dont forget about the framerate issues in Peace Walker, that monster hunter missions make me afraid that my poor ps3 will not survive to see another day

other than that....great collection in general xD, love MGS3 and Peace Walker,

if anything, just wish all games were in 1 blu-ray in a decent menu.

AccessEngage21.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AccessEngage21 said:

i never going to get why Metal Gear Solid and the VR missions are DLC

Why did put the original 2 games (the MSX games) in MGS3 and not make a menu with all of them togethers!

Dont forget about the framerate issues in Peace Walker, that monster hunter missions make me afraid that my poor ps3 will not survive to see another day

The MSG1 and VR missions are downloadable games because they're PS1 games, and its simpler and less confusing than mixing PS1 discs alongside with PS3 discs in a single set opposed to a download. Regarding the MSX games, they are related to MGS3 plot-wise, and were re-released in a similar format to the Anniversary collection 6 years prior. 

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

The MSG1 and VR missions downloadable games because they're PS1 games, and its simpler and less confusing than mixing PS1 discs alongside with PS3 discs in a single set opposed to a download. Regarding the MSX games, they are related to MGS3 plot-wise, and were re-released in a similar format to the Anniversary collection 6 years prior. 

I would be very confused if my PS3 game included 2 PS1 discs. It would be awesome if they included genuine PS1 discs. All PS3 models can play PS1 discs and CDs, so it work just fine. Shame we live in the timeline where we just get a digital download code. ?

It is really hard to find the MSX games if you don't know were they are. You are given no directions on how to find them and the manual doesn't even list the controls for them. I honestly thought the game box was lying to me until I happened to stumble across them. I also had trouble trying to find the terrible MGS comics on the disc, but I believe they were hidden for a good reason.

hahahaha...yeah, i know that, i still belive than can be included anyway in the blu-ray just for convenient, and MGS3.......between you and me....i rather have the substance version over the Anniversary version

even if it's just for the online.....and the snake vs monkey game.

5 minutes ago, AuroraHistoire said:

I would be very confused if my PS3 game included 2 PS1 discs. It would be awesome if they included genuine PS1 discs. All PS3 models can play PS1 discs and CDs, so it work just fine. Shame we live in the timeline where we just get a digital download code. ?

It is really hard to find the MSX games if you don't know were they are. You are given no directions on how to find them and the manual doesn't even list the controls for them. I honestly thought the game box was lying to me until I happened to stumble across them. I also had trouble trying to find the terrible MGS comics on the disc, but I believe they were hidden for a good reason.

i cant really play the MSX games well..........scratch that, i suck in both of them....still glad to play them.

about the digital code, i dont get it at all, i understand than MGS4 cannot stay with the rest of the games, but the psx not included for my point of view is just bull-thing

and the MGS comics....i belive you have to use disk 2 (the MGS2, 3, Peace Walker one) and go to videos in the ps3 menu, and there you will see both of them, i warning you thought.....

there are long.....very long.....like avengers endgame long xD

• Like 1

It's most likely because the PS1 versions of Metal Gear Solid and the VR missions are already on the store so, essentially, they gave you a voucher to redeem those. It was most likely easier to do it that way and less work. At least they thought to include them. They could have easily left them out. It's a nice bonus.

Edited by dottyduke1

12 minutes ago, dottyduke1 said:

It's most likely because the PS1 versions of Metal Gear Solid and the VR missions are already on the store so, essentially, they gave you a voucher to redeem those. It was most likely easier to do it that way and less work. At least they thought to include them. They could have easily left them out. It's a nice bonus.

And i have no issue with that, but just like the Silent Hill HD collection, they could at least try to included both of the psx games in the disk 2 just for convenience or give the remake of the first one (MGS The Twin Snakes) just like SH no having the first game or the remake (shattered memories) or origins....that piss me off for some reason T.T

to be fair though, i mostly play MG Peace Walker, just love that game with all my soul. 

AccessEngage21.png

Edited by AccessEngage21