Around the Globe progress tracking?

orzelek25

3 minutes ago, Eshaal said:

Nope, but I got a feeling this trophy is for something else, and glitched. 

Last trophy I need! 

why for something else? Earth circumference is about 40075 km  and average race in grid is 10-12 km long so  40000km = huge grind

2 hours ago, mika8276 said:

I'm doing laps at the oval track for this

it's going to take around 9000 laps of this track after completing everything in career

as for tracking, i'm writing down on a piece of paper how many laps i've done

it's better then nothing

If you want to do the most distance per race, you can do Okutama GP Grand Circuit or Grand Circuit B being 3.92mi/6.21km long. This will require 64 99 lap races plus a further 17 laps to complete max, with no distance travelled.

If you want to complete races as quickly as possible, you can do either:
• Indianapolis Oval Circuit or Reversed - 2.54mi/4.09km (99 99 lap races plus 3 extra laps maximum), or
• Crescent Valley Oval Circuit - 2.52mi/4.06km (99 99 lap races plus 81 extra laps maximum)

However the number of 99 lap races to complete will be much less as you play through Career, making some progress towards the achievement as you go.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Battlehorst187 said:

And when the trophy is broken or bugged with your piece of paper you wont get the  trophy 

We have no way of knowing it's broken

we don't have an ingame tracker but we're signed in into racenet so our progress must be tracked somewhere.

at least with writing down, i have a way of tracking my current progress and i'm still far away of reaching the required miles

2 minutes ago, RLE-Terrorzwerg said:

If you want to do the most distance per race, you can do Okutama GP Grand Circuit or Grand Circuit B being 3.92mi/6.21km long. This will require 64 99 lap races plus a further 17 laps to complete max, with no distance travelled.

If you want to complete races as quickly as possible, you can do either:
• Indianapolis Oval Circuit or Reversed - 2.54mi/4.09km (99 99 lap races plus 3 extra laps maximum), or
• Crescent Valley Oval Circuit - 2.52mi/4.06km (99 99 lap races plus 81 extra laps maximum)

However the number of 99 lap races to complete will be much less as you play through Career, making some progress towards the achievement as you go.

I'm using the oval track indianapolis with the porsche 917

and i already completed career

Edited by mika8276

20 hours ago, mika8276 said:

We have no way of knowing it's broken

we don't have an ingame tracker but we're signed in into racenet so our progress must be tracked somewhere.

at least with writing down, i have a way of tracking my current progress and i'm still far away of reaching the required miles

I'm using the oval track indianapolis with the porsche 917

and i already completed career

I will say there is a post on the GRID forums with a post from Codemaster Community Manager that indicates some uncertainty as to whether this is even being tracked at the moment (along with a bunch of the accolades).

I would suggest waiting on this until they have their shit together...you could be completely wasting your time!

See the bottom post here :

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/43455-around-the-globe-trophyachievement-problem/

Edited by ZenRhino
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ZenRhino said:

I will say there is a post on the GRID forums with a post from Codemaster Community Manager that indicates some uncertainty as to whether this is even being tracked at the moment (along with a bunch of the accolades).

I would suggest waiting on this until they have their shit together...you could be completely wasting your time!

See the bottom post here :

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/43455-around-the-globe-trophyachievement-problem/

Cheers dude. Will hold off starting it for a bit. Worried it might be glithed or not tracking right because im suprised no one as The plat yet (even tho it is a massive grind)

13 hours ago, f40f50gt said:

You know you don't have to go for the trophy or the plat.

Better yet, just don’t buy the game. 

I love the the way Chris Groves from CM just totally ignores the thread questions around why they included such an absurd trophy. Just says we’re looking to make sure things are tracking.

I mean he doesn’t even have the decency to say we should have added a tracker (since, you know, we do track a shit ton of other stats)

Nope, just a brush off, you’ve been dismissed answer. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, syn1905 said:

Without that trophy it's a very easy platinum. I assume codemasters added it trying for longevity in the multiplayer since they didnt add any multiplayer trophies.

Around the globe trophy dosn't change the difficulty of the plat. Its just a very long grind. Its a bad move by codemasters if they are hoping people use multiplayer to get this trophy (if it indeed counts towards it) because multiplayer in most racing games ends up dead after a few months

3 hours ago, DeXt3r_ger said:

Ich pull dich gleich durch Norman 1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png1f609.png

Anybody found the patch notes to todays 1.4? 

asdasd

3 hours ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Im wondering this also

This patch consists of visual improvements and some fixes, including:

Multiplayer

• Resolved issue of players starting races early, or not at the same time
  • Resolved issue of player losing control in Quick Match – Time Attack events

Visuals

• Fix for HDR rendering, causing grading to work incorrectly

General

• Resolved issues that were causing game crashes, including from the live results screen

Nothing related to the trophy I'm afraid :|

• Like 4