Around the Globe progress tracking?

orzelek25

9 hours ago, Warlord99956 said:

It’s hard to get rubber banding to work. If you try on an oval track the car will get flicked towards the inside coming off the corner and crash. Rubber banding left steering and r2 isn’t bet effective either as the car wall grinds at a very low speed and usually gets stuck. The other issue is you can only set it for a max of 99 laps then you have to reset the race so even if you could get a rubber band setup that worked you would still need to be there every 2-3hrs to restart. 

I wasn't trying to stay on the track or anything, I was just guna set a race to one lap with just my car, find a spot I could do donuts in, and leave it overnight. The one lap bit is so I can quickly finish the race when I wake up.

8 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

I wasn't trying to stay on the track or anything, I was just guna set a race to one lap with just my car, find a spot I could do donuts in, and leave it overnight. The one lap bit is so I can quickly finish the race when I wake up.

Might work but someone in an earlier post said he tried it and got disqualified after a while (page 2 of this thread). Looks like they really want everyone to drive it legit :/

16 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

I was thinking same. I might download the game again and try it or if you try it let me know. It will be hard to set it up so you never hit anything but could be possible

7 hours ago, Warlord99956 said:

Might work but someone in an earlier post said he tried it and got disqualified after a while (page 2 of this thread). Looks like they really want everyone to drive it legit :/

The guy said it was qualifying that he tried and and eventually got disqaulified. Cant imagine it being the same on a race on your own

3 hours ago, ManiaWP said:

Does mileage increase the XP you receive at the end? I haven't reach level 99 yet, so I guess we could check the miles are counting [by rubberbanding doughnuts] if I got an uber amount of XP?

No xp is just awarded for how well you do on that particular race ie clean laps, slip streaming etc.

The way i farmed level 99 was do a 6 lap race on the oval track using the race line and just keep on the line and racking up points. The limit is 5000 on each of the 3 disaplines so that why do 6 laps and keep repeating

On 1/10/2020 at 6:46 AM, dannyswfc9 said:

Maybe. Just need to find a decent track wide enough to drive in a circle to avoid hitting anything and then rubberband it and start a 1 lap race solo and then leave it. 

Sounds so easy. Bet it doesn't work tho lol

I don't know how we'd even know if it was working, haha. There's no way to track it, which is dumb. They have all types of milestones tracked, even how many times you shift, yet no mileage. 

12 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

I don't know how we'd even know if it was working, haha. There's no way to track it, which is dumb. They have all types of milestones tracked, even how many times you shift, yet no mileage. 

Yeah that is my worry lol. It should work as long u finish the race but knowing codemasters they have made it so doing dougnuts does not work. Crazy they have not at least put a tracker in especially with a stupid trophy like this

5 hours ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Yeah that is my worry lol. It should work as long u finish the race but knowing codemasters they have made it so doing dougnuts does not work. Crazy they have not at least put a tracker in especially with a stupid trophy like this

yep. It's not a given that it would work by any means. The mileage counter could quite easily be based on passing a lap of track (i.e. the game multiplies the number of laps by the length of the track).

It is quite possible it is counted that way, actually, because the lap length is the only time you see any mention of distance anywhere in the game!

6 hours ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Well, I just did a proof of concept and left the car doing donuts while I took my dogs for a walk. The good news is that my one lap, one car setup works fine, I was gone forty minutes and the car was still going when I got back, albeit in a slightly different spot, so prolonged AFK may result in the car getting stuck somewhere. 

I finished the race and everything went normal, so I at least know you can do the AFK donuts. Whether it counts or not, that's a different story. I don't see a reason why it shouldn't, but you never know.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

Well, I just did a proof of concept and left the car doing donuts while I took my dogs for a walk. The good news is that my one lap, one car setup works fine, I was gone forty minutes and the car was still going when I got back, albeit in a slightly different spot, so prolonged AFK may result in the car getting stuck somewhere. 

I finished the race and everything went normal, so I at least know you can do the AFK donuts. Whether it counts or not, that's a different story. I don't see a reason why it shouldn't, but you never know.

Thank you for the info. Am i brave enough to try it for the long haul im not sure lol. Glad the doughnuts work afk tho. I messaged one guy that got the trophy about a week after release and he said he rubber banded it when he slept but he dint tell me how. The wall trick defo does not work

Edit. Which track did you try it on by the way

Edited by dannyswfc9

On 1/11/2020 at 5:38 PM, dannyswfc9 said:

Thank you for the info. Am i brave enough to try it for the long haul im not sure lol. Glad the doughnuts work afk tho. I messaged one guy that got the trophy about a week after release and he said he rubber banded it when he slept but he dint tell me how. The wall trick defo does not work

Edit. Which track did you try it on by the way

I did it on Brands Hatch, I think? Whatever the first track is when you set up your own race. I just went to the first flat, wide area and rubber banded the L stick to the left and taped the throttle down. The reason my car moved was because it was hitting grass and kinda skidding a little each time.

But good to know the dude rubber banded it as he slept, that means it all counts. When I'm done the career and shit that's what I'll be doing.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

that means it all counts

According to the Xbox forums it doesn’t work. They have a tracker on their achievements list and there are several reports that it doesn’t increase when rubber banding/ doing donuts etc. According to them it only tracks if you actually finish laps. As we have no tracker trying to rubber band is a huge risk as you won’t know if it works until 300+ hours later. I’m not calling anyone a cheater but saying “I rubber banded it” with no further information could be a cover for some kind of hack/downloaded save. That comment is the only thing I’ve heard about that claims rubber banding works and there are 20+ posts I’ve seen that say it doesn’t. As far as I can tell the only way to afk it is with a cronus. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Warlord99956 said:

According to the Xbox forums it doesn’t work. They have a tracker on their achievements list and there are several reports that it doesn’t increase when rubber banding/ doing donuts etc. According to them it only tracks if you actually finish laps. As we have no tracker trying to rubber band is a huge risk as you won’t know if it works until 300+ hours later. I’m not calling anyone a cheater but saying “I rubber banded it” with no further information could be a cover for some kind of hack/downloaded save. That comment is the only thing I’ve heard about that claims rubber banding works and there are 20+ posts I’ve seen that say it doesn’t. As far as I can tell the only way to afk it is with a cronus. 

Thank you for the info. Bummer if true that it doesnt work. Hopefully ps5 will have a trophy tracker like xbox because it is a good thing to have when dumbass devs dont put a in game tracker for stupid trophies like this. 

16 hours ago, kRiz-1988 said:

I'm 99% sure but can someone confirm that multiplayer lobbies counts towards Around the Globe?

That would take stupidly long and the amount of players will eventually drop rapidly making it longer getting in games

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Warlord99956 said:

Oh shit, I didn't know that! 

That's good info, thank you. 

But uh, what's a Cronus?

4 hours ago, Warlord99956 said:

It’s a device that can record/loop inputs so in this case it could afk a race then reset the event at the end and run it again.

Oh, thanks. Well, I'm not getting one of those just for a single trophy so I'll have to do it the old fashioned way and waste a bunch of time. This should top my 2020 PlayStation year in review, haha. 

The game just got update 1.50 and I was foolishly hoping they'd add a mileage tracker but no, just some dumb MP lobby stuff. I can't believe they have a milestone for stuff like air time and two wheels and manual shifts but not miles. So misguided.

The online miles should definitely count.

In fact, i have been in lobbies with racers that have different colors next to their level. I'm at a beige-ish color and 55 after hitting the regular 99. This may mean they race online a lot.

I'm pretty sure non-trophy hunters have this achievement already because of that.

I was wondering if the 'Skirmish' mileage counts towards it. Shee-it. I'm desperate, so as soon as i take control of the car in Skirmish, i'm flying around until the race starts.

I'm going to go on Codemasters site and curse them out at this point, because this no tracker bs is a fireable offense imo. 

Do you know how it feels to be expecting this trophy, but all it is are the prompts to tell  you  your PSN friends are online, lol.

I'm not accusing anyone of cheating, but the first achiever got this trophy WAAAAAY too early for it to be legit.

Same thing with the 100 packs trophy in NHL '20.

Edited by TheGoaler

On 1/21/2020 at 5:28 PM, Lightsp33d1987 said:

I know it's a longshot but latest response is they are looking into a tracker, So if people can help post and boost the thread below up maybe just maybe we will get a in game tracker.

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/43455-around-the-globe-trophyachievement-problem/?page=3

Cheers dude. Looking at the comment saying "if its worth our time to put a tracker in" does not fill me with confidence at all. Altho it cant be that hard to impliment.

Also a new update is on its way but still doesnt mention a tracker but we all live in hope lol

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-29916-GRID-To-Get-Career-Race-Length-Options-in-Season-Two-Update.html

Im leaving this game for now until/if they get a tracker or lower the distance requiered for the trophy because i cant be bothered to drive and drive or farm it in a way without knowing how close i am to the trophy because certain farming methods mentioned in the above comments may not work as you have also mentioned. 

11 hours ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Cheers dude. Looking at the comment saying "if its worth our time to put a tracker in" does not fill me with confidence at all. Altho it cant be that hard to impliment.

Also a new update is on its way but still doesnt mention a tracker but we all live in hope lol

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-29916-GRID-To-Get-Career-Race-Length-Options-in-Season-Two-Update.html

Im leaving this game for now until/if they get a tracker or lower the distance requiered for the trophy because i cant be bothered to drive and drive or farm it in a way without knowing how close i am to the trophy because certain farming methods mentioned in the above comments may not work as you have also mentioned. 

It's pure hell. Part of me doesn't want to know how far i may still be from this. Could be like thinking a girl likes you but you find out she really doesn't, lol.

It makes me shake my head when i get a prompt, to left corner, but it's to tell me a PSN friend has logged on, but not for this trophy!

• Like 1