Around the Globe progress tracking?

orzelek25

51 minutes ago, TheGoaler said:

It's pure hell. Part of me doesn't want to know how far i may still be from this. Could be like thinking a girl likes you but you find out she really doesn't, lol.

It makes me shake my head when i get a prompt, to left corner, but it's to tell me a PSN friend has logged on, but not for this trophy!

I turned that notification off years ago, you should do the same?

I want them to add a straight track, 24,000 miles long?

8 hours ago, TheGoaler said:

It's pure hell. Part of me doesn't want to know how far i may still be from this. Could be like thinking a girl likes you but you find out she really doesn't, lol.

It makes me shake my head when i get a prompt, to left corner, but it's to tell me a PSN friend has logged on, but not for this trophy!

you should turn that off, it would drive me crazy if i kept it on

as far of a tracker, until they add one, i keep on writing down my progress. 37 hours in so still a long way to go

On 28.1.2020 at 11:12 PM, Rammstone said:

Well, at least they replied this time. I will believe it when I see it

It's a really poor reply though.

I don't know what there is so much to work on.

They are already tracking the mileage value to determine when the Trophy should unlock. Where is the problem to take this value and display it somewhere in the game?

The output of a variable is programming basics and shouldn't take months to figure out.

2 hours ago, Couga83 said:

It's a really poor reply though.

I don't know what there is so much to work on.

They are already tracking the mileage value to determine when the Trophy should unlock. Where is the problem to take this value and display it somewhere in the game?

The output of a variable is programming basics and shouldn't take months to figure out.

I am guessing the idea was to have the statistics on racenet, which they didn't manage to complete because it still says under development. But because of the outrage they might add it into the game in a month or so, but it wouldn't surprise me if they fuck it up and reset everyone's progress or something

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Rammstone said:

I am guessing the idea was to have the statistics on racenet, which they didn't manage to complete because it still says under development. But because of the outrage they might add it into the game in a month or so, but it wouldn't surprise me if they fuck it up and reset everyone's progress or something

Exactly, i’m keeping it on stand by because I fear they could reset my progress when they’ll finally add this feature.

On 02/02/2020 at 9:11 AM, Colt said:

Hey just curious if you got this by grinding out laps at Indy?

Yes indeed, many many many 99 lap solo laps. I could actually drive it out of the corner of my vision whilst watching YouTube after a while :)

If it helps I ended up at Level 02 Silver when it popped, so I went through two sets of Level 99. 

I really thought it was bugged for a while because I saw someone else pop the trophy at Level 84 Gold and I had to go another 18 levels to get mine.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Anke said:

Yes indeed, many many many 99 lap solo laps. I could actually drive it out of the corner of my vision whilst watching YouTube after a while :)

If it helps I ended up at Level 02 Silver when it popped, so I went through two sets of Level 99. 

I really thought it was bugged for a while because I saw someone else pop the trophy at Level 84 Gold and I had to go another 18 levels to get mine.

the levelling depends on the kind of race you do.

i only do 50 lap races at a time which means i will level up faster then someone who does 99 laps races at a time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mika8276 said:

the levelling depends on the kind of race you do.

i only do 50 lap races at a time which means i will level up faster then someone who does 99 laps races at a time.

Yes I know, I used some ten lap races to get over 10,000xp at a time to get to the first level 99 for the trophy, I then started the 99 lap races so just giving people some hope by looking at the levels so they don't have to count manually until the odometer arrives.

On 03/02/2020 at 11:08 AM, Anke said:

Thank you. I just had a horrible feeling that it wont pop after doing this grind. I only do 4 rounds set at 25 laps so I can write down 100 laps completed. I fall asleep after a while of doing it it's that boring

4 hours ago, Colt said:

Thank you. I just had a horrible feeling that it wont pop after doing this grind. I only do 4 rounds set at 25 laps so I can write down 100 laps completed. I fall asleep after a while of doing it it's that boring

I cant begin to tell you how much I hated this game by the end of it, I didn't even bother touching the season pass races even though I bought the ultimate edition. Deleted never to touch again. You're in for a boring ride, queue up lots of podcasts or TV to watch whilst doing it.

• Like 2

On 07/02/2020 at 3:18 AM, Sky_RykerXD said:

I'll probably start this when the seasons are over. Doing all the seasons and extra content. Afterward, this trophy might not be as much of a grind. Just an idea. Still ridiculous though.

This is my thought process too, wait until all the DLC is out and just grind that out too.

So I recently returned to Grid yesterday, thinking I was going to carry on with the grind around the Oval track and do a little each day, but instead, I opted to at least have some fun and did the new Season 1 Career Events. I figured while I was going through it, I'd keep track of how many miles I'd do. So, here are the numbers for anyone interested:

Street Tier = 258.79 miles.

Pro Racing Tier = 335.40 miles.

Super Hatches Series = 36.17 miles.

Grand Total = 630.36 miles.

That's doing just the races and not doing the hot lap qualifying.

I then figured I'd do the same for the Season 2 Career Events when they're released, which I didn't realise was so soon that it's apparently tomorrow! Haha. So I guess it was good timing to return to the game. So yeah, I'll keep track again and let you know. ?

On 2/11/2020 at 6:48 AM, mysticmosh said:

I don't want to sound stupid but does the Hot Lap Qualifying count toward this trophy?. It does say distance driven, not raced, so I have been doing the hot lap with fingers crossed!.

I believe it does, so i always do it.

I was wondering if the Skirmish before online races counts as well, because i always drive around until the race starts.

10 minutes ago, Xionx said:

Adding DLC trophies after two seasons already launched? I dont really think they would do that tbh.

It was a reply from their account on twitter so who knows. Codemasters wasn't really known for doing DLC trophies but they have been steadily adding them to Dirt Rally 2.0. They were late adding them on Dirt Rally 2.0 as a comparison. I wouldn't be surprised if they do add them.

Here's the tweet in question.

It was actually one of the reasons I bought the Ultimate Edition of the game, as they added trophies for the DLC for Dirt Rally 2.0 and I thought maybe they will do the same for Grid. It didn't look like they were going to which made me kinda regret my purchase, but it's nice to hear that they apparently will be now.

The difference between these two games though, is that Dirt Rally's DLC rolled out weekly (or was it fortnightly?) for each Season, whereas with Grid it's released all in one go. Which makes me wonder, depending on the trophies they add, will they be retroactive or will we have to complete whatever the requirement will be again? ?

Again, for anyone interested, here's the number of miles to expect if you are doing the Career Events for the Season 1 and 2 DLC's. This doesn't include a qualifying hot lap.

Season 1

Season 2

Classic Tier = 277.90 miles.

Modern Tier = 303.72 miles.

Track Day GT Series = 50.36 miles.

Grand Total = 631.98 miles.

Season 1 & 2 Grand Total = 1,262.34 miles.

Shall I go back through the base game's Career Mode now and keep track? ??

16 hours ago, SolidNinjaSnake said:

Again, for anyone interested, here's the number of miles to expect if you are doing the Career Events for the Season 1 and 2 DLC's. This doesn't include a qualifying hot lap.

Season 1

Season 2

Classic Tier = 277.90 miles.

Modern Tier = 303.72 miles.

Track Day GT Series = 50.36 miles.

Grand Total = 631.98 miles.

Season 1 & 2 Grand Total = 1,262.34 miles.

Shall I go back through the base game's Career Mode now and keep track? 1f602.png1f602.png

Thanks for this. I set my career mode Season 2 to 3X length to help with the grind. 

Your stats tell me that i'm not as close as i think!

I'm a bit shocked that 71 (As of 2/15/20) have the Plat!

They're going to have to repave Indy, as so many have raced endless laps on it.

• Like 2