Around the Globe progress tracking?

orzelek25

1 minute ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Yeah i was worried my ps4 was gonna grow legs and think f#ck this im off with all works its had to do lol. Ye thats one downside with the bugatti you gotta buy season 3 but the trophies are decent

How long did you have your ps4 on non stop?

I've got about 3k miles left to do. I was getting too many dsq's with the Veyron and Skyline so I used the Evo. I didn't tune the car.

I mapped the accelerator to the Left stick and rubber banded the sticks together. I also mapped left and right to the d-pad and reverse to down on the d-pad so I could get back on track if it got stuck in a tire wall.

It's not perfect as you will still get dsq's, you will have to press X to go to the next round and the lap times can vary a fair bit.

The total time on a clean run is about 146 minutes on average. 

I'm working from home at the moment so I just check on it now and again.

13 minutes ago, manicmark said:

I've got about 3k miles left to do. I was getting too many dsq's with the Veyron and Skyline so I used the Evo. I didn't tune the car.

I mapped the accelerator to the Left stick and rubber banded the sticks together. I also mapped left and right to the d-pad and reverse to down on the d-pad so I could get back on track if it got stuck in a tire wall.

It's not perfect as you will still get dsq's, you will have to press X to go to the next round and the lap times can vary a fair bit.

The total time on a clean run is about 146 minutes on average. 

I'm working from home at the moment so I just check on it now and again.

Setting it up like this i was able to go 20 hours non stop if you don't have a turbo controller you can set it up the same but you will need to press x to continue after each run.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Guys has all the content finished being released now? I love how they made the trophy list a single player experience and this new tracker is nothing but awesome. Its on sale now as is the season pass. So do you guys know if all content is finished, did it stay single player trophies as I heard/read someone mentioning DLC trophies, or do they plan to release more online stuff and crush my dreams?

20 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Guys has all the content finished being released now? I love how they made the trophy list a single player experience and this new tracker is nothing but awesome. Its on sale now as is the season pass. So do you guys know if all content is finished, did it stay single player trophies as I heard/read someone mentioning DLC trophies, or do they plan to release more online stuff and crush my dreams?

Also interested in this.

2 hours ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

All Grid DLC is done.

Cheers man. I started judgement, but I think i may buy the complete GRID edition with season pass and then play these two games between each other. Does the pass give you everything because I saw a couple of single sale cars on the store. 

6 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Cheers man. I started judgement, but I think i may buy the complete GRID edition with season pass and then play these two games between each other. Does the pass give you everything because I saw a couple of single sale cars on the store. 

Ultimate Edition includes everything apart from a couple of the Grid Edition cars but they are not needed anyway.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/7/2020 at 9:22 PM, DaveMcDamage said:

The Season Pass is on sale? I only see the single seasons on sale...the Ultimate upgrade is still full price at 20€. Shame since I've been waiting on a sale since forever to finally rubberband that platinum

3 hours ago, Falken-N7 said:

The Season Pass is on sale? I only see the single seasons on sale...the Ultimate upgrade is still full price at 20€. Shame since I've been waiting on a sale since forever to finally rubberband that platinum

On the UK store the ultimate pass was £15.99 or something. Decided against the game in the end. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So the Deluxe Upgrade was on sale for 12€ instead of 20 and I bought it. I also found a HORI Fighting Commander pad on Amazon for 30€ instead of the usual 35 so I got that as well. I am now using @Lightsp33d1987's method from the video above and so far, so good, I left it there the whole night and this morning the Veyron was still lapping Indianapolis. Let's see how long it will take (it's still lapping as of right now).

This trophy gets the ultimate prize for most hateful trophy ever. Whoever thought this would be a good idea should stop working on videogames.

• Like 3

This trophy is very disappointing, I'm not planning to grind for around 100 hours or rubber band my controller just to get it. Kinda feels like Codemasters didn't want people to sell their (retail) copies too soon.

The DLC trophies have been prepared poorly as well. They should include at least one trophy each for finishing all of the events from the DLC. At least the gold time trial from DLC2 has proven to be a challenge and it was fun to get it.

Edited by strangerGOL
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10-9-2020 at 9:11 AM, strangerGOL said:

This trophy is very disappointing, I'm not planning to grind for around 100 hours or rubber band my controller just to get it. Kinda feels like Codemasters didn't want people to sell their (retail) copies too soon.

The DLC trophies have been prepared poorly as well. They should include at least one trophy each for finishing all of the events from the DLC. At least the gold time trial from DLC2 has proven to be a challenge and it was fun to get it.

+1 seriously bad DLC trophy's. You can simply get the DLC trophy's without doing a single season 1, 2 or 3 event... that's not how it should be arranged imo.

But let's be honest, the DLC trophy's are not nearly as bad a fuckup as this Around the Globe thing. I'm not gonna do a 100 hour mindless Oval Lap grind just for 1 ridiculous trophy... I guess you could say I just don't want it bad enough and you'd be right. This has nothing to do with skill, like the gold DLC trophy's which are probably out of my reach as well truth be told. But the plat would be achievable if not for the grind...

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Finished the main game fully & only the Season stuff for the trophies so far, sitting at 1765.26 miles, a measly 7.08% of the distance needed for this ridiculous trophy.

Had fun reading through this whole thread seeing determined workings out on how to get it.
I really don't see me being arsed over it. Not worth the time & effort to leave the PS sitting on grinding away in the background.
Just another Codies game I've come so close to platinum yet so far. DiRT 4 was annoying with the Pro Tour stuff because the online had died by the time I had got round to doing it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SqualllK said:

@evanzo7

32K out of 42 here

It's taking me forever

I wish I were at their office to arrow their knees when they decided to put a horrible trophy like this. I have never seen a grind similar to this. Total insanity.

You are a better person than I! 
It's just pure laziness & stubbornness that will stop me getting this trophy! Happily move onto something else, just need to decide what now.

• 2 weeks later...

The worst part about this is every few races I come back and get a DNF for some reason (and it's always when I'm not looking) which is just a huge waste of time. You can tell the car hit a wall and turned around...but I don't get HOW it's happening when there's no change to usual racing line. 

But I should be hitting the half way point today. For something I don't actually have to play, this is quite annoying. 

• Like 1