A Real Team Player Bug?

DjLightzone

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, yeah this one is buggued (like few others), I had the same issue and I reported it on frontier's forum more than a year ago but now I see how pointless it was...

If you really want it just keep playing, doing the community goals, and maybe one day you will get it... It worked for me... Good luck

• 1 year later...
On 07/11/2019 at 10:42 AM, Salicylae said:

Hey, yeah this one is buggued (like few others), I had the same issue and I reported it on frontier's forum more than a year ago but now I see how pointless it was...

If you really want it just keep playing, doing the community goals, and maybe one day you will get it... It worked for me... Good luck

Sorry to bump an old post, but do you remember how many you needed to do to trigger it? Currently on 12 with no trophy sadly.

I think there's no specific number.

In my experience, trophy glitches in Elite occur because the game has (or at least had) a tendency to crash in a way that corrupts the local save data. It seems to me that while most of your progress in the game is saved on Frontier servers, the PS4-specific data -- like control customizations, audio/video settings and trophy progress -- is saved locally. And when this local save data gets corrupted, (at least some of) the trophy counters reset to zero.

So if I'm right, to pop the trophy, you need to participate in 10 successful community goals since your latest data-corrupting crash.

This is my understanding at least, and the way it seemed to work for me, for many if not all of the "do something X times" trophies.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2020 at 10:23 AM, Jadeccc_ said:

I think there's no specific number.

In my experience, trophy glitches in Elite occur because the game has (or at least had) a tendency to crash in a way that corrupts the local save data. It seems to me that while most of your progress in the game is saved on Frontier servers, the PS4-specific data -- like control customizations, audio/video settings and trophy progress -- is saved locally. And when this local save data gets corrupted, (at least some of) the trophy counters reset to zero.

So if I'm right, to pop the trophy, you need to participate in 10 successful community goals since your latest data-corrupting crash.

This is my understanding at least, and the way it seemed to work for me, for many if not all of the "do something X times" trophies.

Yeah, I was on 8 and about to turn in the remaining 2 a couple weeks ago and it crashed. The timing couldn’t have been any worse. A friend has also had his data corrupt which messed up some CQC trophies for him. I’ll just make a backup of the profile data often now as it seems way more important than just controller schemes (what I initially thought was  all it pertained to).

Update: Just got to 18 CG’s (exactly 10 post crash) and it popped exactly then. I suggest people make a backup as soon as they’re done turning in CG’s to a system to prevent this.

Edited by Darkette

• 2 months later...
On 12/11/2020 at 9:31 PM, Darkette said:

Yeah, I was on 8 and about to turn in the remaining 2 a couple weeks ago and it crashed. The timing couldn’t have been any worse. A friend has also had his data corrupt which messed up some CQC trophies for him. I’ll just make a backup of the profile data often now as it seems way more important than just controller schemes (what I initially thought was  all it pertained to).

Update: Just got to 18 CG’s (exactly 10 post crash) and it popped exactly then. I suggest people make a backup as soon as they’re done turning in CG’s to a system to prevent this.

participate in 21 Community goals and still no trophy. Not sure what to do.

1 hour ago, patrickogorman19 said:

No, maybe the update refreshed my progress. I wish there was an in game trophy tracker would maker it easier to know if each goal completed counts towards the trophy.

That’s quite weird then. Updates in the past have reset progress in the PvP aspect so that could be true for CG’s as well. Just keep trying and it will pop eventually!

• 2 months later...

I've completed 12 CGs and still no trophy for me as well. I read this thread a month ago hoping it wouldn't happen to me but of course it did...and to make it more annoying I was at 9/10 when my game crashed as it often does on PS5 except for the first time I had a message saying data had been corrupted...my CMDR progress hasn't been affected as it is all stored on Frontier's servers but it could have reset trophy progress as Darkette mentioned though not all of it for sure because I've been able to finish up 250 missions & markets soon after. Another possibility could be that CG completion progress for the trophy is not tracked unless you actually click on "Complete" at the CG station's mission menu when it ends, even if it already says "Completed" in the transactions panel and that your stored rewards are available for transfer.

I've completed 3 CGs since then so I could be back at 3/10 again ?...I will update this post when I eventually get it (fingers crossed).

Update: I just got the last trophy (A Real Team Player) and the platinum immediately after clicking "Complete" for the 10th confirmed time. Indeed, trophy progress for the CGs is not tracked unless you manually click on "Complete" at the stations.

Edited by Z-A-N-D-R-O
update
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just got mine and it popped at 10........you DO need to complete it at whichever station issued it after the CG has ended for it to count.  Both trophies popped after hitting "complete" button and receiving the payout.

I signed up for both of these last time but only completed one, the other never hit tier 1, which I'm pretty sure means it wasn't considered a "successful" CG, and therefore wouldn't have counted toward the trophy.  However I never went to that station/mega ship to check since the trophy popped with the first one.

Edited by DerelictSoul
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

This is still an issue. Currently at 19+ Community Goals complete and no trophy. Game has crashed and corrupt several times since I started. Think I might be pretty much locked out of the "sell $100,000 or srv data" trophy too due to crashes and there only being a limited amount of stuff you can scan, or atleast thats been discovered.