chiino82

Time to Plat? Difficulty? How much grind?

29 posts in this topic

Looking at a 100+ hour plat here?  How tough?  Thoughts?

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say 7-8/10 difficulty. Unfortunately you have to beat all 12 missions on insane difficulty, allthough the game released with 9 missions, BUT you can complete the 9 main missions (new york, moscow, jerusalem), delete the patch and start any mission on insane. After you die, the trophy will pop. Obviously this doesnt work with the download version.

 

It is a very time consuming plat. Grinding all 295 levels takes around 130-150h. Coop is like 80-90h, Multiplayer 30h and rest is cash grinding.

 

To be fair: You can grind multiplayer level and cash by being afk in a pvp lobby. You get 500xp and 125 cash for a loss and 1000xp and 250 cash for a win. So you can probably shorten the active playtime on 80 hours.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, westersburg said:

I'd say 7-8/10 difficulty. Unfortunately you have to beat all 12 missions on insane difficulty, allthough the game released with 9 missions, BUT you can complete the 9 main missions (new york, moscow, jerusalem), delete the patch and start any mission on insane. After you die, the trophy will pop. Obviously this doesnt work with the download version.

 

It is a very time consuming plat. Grinding all 295 levels takes around 130-150h. Coop is like 80-90h, Multiplayer 30h and rest is cash grinding.

 

To be fair: You can grind multiplayer level and cash by being afk in a pvp lobby. You get 500xp and 125 cash for a loss and 1000xp and 250 cash for a win. So you can probably shorten the active playtime on 80 hours.

Do you really need all missions? i played when the ship came out in the tokyo story dunno if i did it or not but yes you can easily farm afk in pvp lobby. i can recommend boost controller so afk detection doesnt get you. I farmed while on work or sleeping. Round about 6 hrs for 1 class to max in multiplayer. Insane is really hard i watched speedrunners and tried a few times solo and than with randoms. Sometimes you get really good guys but its a grind no matter what. Wasnt fun at all after short time.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes you do. They added 3 missions yet. Every time they added one, you had to complete this mission,too. Otherwise you wont get the trophy for completing every mission on any difficulty or insane. I really hope that you dont need the new perks, weapons and missions they'll add with the update next week, but i assume you will. The disc version is really, really recommended in this game, because you can do the bypass i posted, with every stat based trophy.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everything said here is accurate, but don't go afk in pvp matches to grind cash. That's lame as fuck and ruins the fun for everyone else. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With a good team of 4 in mp and solo Speedrun on insane or extreme for credits it takes you 50 hours. (disc version) 

Edited by Mr_Pound_of_Life
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont think so. Your infos are probably outdated, because you were the 1st one with platinum. You can't grind xp without the latest patch, because they dont reward you with xp at the end of a session (Tried it a few weeks ago). Definetly not possible to get all the weapon ranks, 295 class levels and cash in 50hrs.

 

After i played the 100 matches pve (new york 3) i still had to play like 20-25 hours on extreme with the death abuse strategy in moscow 1 to get the remaining level.100 matches in pve also take at least 20-25 hours (if you are new in the game, its definitely way more). So you have already a total time of at least 40-50 hours, without any insane runs, pvp level and cash grind.

Edited by westersburg
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have any of the updates since launch made the Insane playthroughs any easier or harder? 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2019 at 8:37 AM, westersburg said:

I'd say 7-8/10 difficulty. Unfortunately you have to beat all 12 missions on insane difficulty, allthough the game released with 9 missions, BUT you can complete the 9 main missions (new york, moscow, jerusalem), delete the patch and start any mission on insane. After you die, the trophy will pop. Obviously this doesnt work with the download version.

 

It is a very time consuming plat. Grinding all 295 levels takes around 130-150h. Coop is like 80-90h, Multiplayer 30h and rest is cash grinding.

 

To be fair: You can grind multiplayer level and cash by being afk in a pvp lobby. You get 500xp and 125 cash for a loss and 1000xp and 250 cash for a win. So you can probably shorten the active playtime on 80 hours.

I wonder since I have the digital version would it work if i follow what you posted but switch to a physical copy after completing the 9 main mission on my current version then delete the patch and die? Thank you in advance.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes it does. That's the same thing i did

 

Update: Platinum has become way easier (not shorter) with today's update. Players health has been increased by 20% and zombies health was reduced by 25%. Also they added custom mutations for private matches. There are 3 which make the game easier: 50% more health for every player, you can find more special weapons and amound of zombies in hordes is divided by 2.

 

I already asked the developer  if this affects trophies and it doesn't. Unfortunately you have to complete all 14 missions now (2 more) on insane difficulty if you play on the latest patch.

 

Oh and the new perks, which were added DONT count towards the "all perks" trophy, which is great because it would have increased the time for platinum by at least 180-200 hours.

Edited by westersburg
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok now i can confirm this. Mutations don't disable trophies and they make this game a joke. The mutation for removing all special zombies alone is OP. Also you get the same amount of cash and xp so you can grind with them turned on as well (Keep in mind, that you need special zombies for a few trophies though)

 

Edit: Ok wow i literally completed all missions solo on insane difficulty with 2 retries total. It's incredible easy with the mutations. I did a few of the missions with level 5-10 and no weapon upgrades. Platinum difficulty has decreased to a 3/10

Edited by westersburg
4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THIS IS GREAT NEWS, I initially stopped playing to take break cause insane missions solo were waaay waaaay to hard for me with randoms.. Solo was a bit easier until I encountered a bull. I was able to dodge bulls BUT there were some instances where dodging wouldn't work and it got frustrating.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2019 at 9:35 PM, westersburg said:

Ok now i can confirm this. Mutations don't disable trophies and they make this game a joke. The mutation for removing all special zombies alone is OP. Also you get the same amount of cash and xp so you can grind with them turned on as well (Keep in mind, that you need special zombies for a few trophies though)

 

Edit: Ok wow i literally completed all missions solo on insane difficulty with 2 retries total. It's incredible easy with the mutations. I did a few of the missions with level 5-10 and no weapon upgrades. Platinum difficulty has decreased to a 3/10

 

I can confirm after the latest patch (20 Nov 2019 which about 10+ GB patch) playing Private with Mutators won't count to your completion anymore :(

 

For those who hasn't installed the newest patch but already has the mutator options. I suggest to grab the "Well, what did you achieve?" trophy before updating the latest patch. I wish there's a way to revert back this patch :(

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i would avoid this plat at all costs. took me a month and the game literally gave me vertigo for 5 days straight because i was playing so fast turning. they patched the game so ridiculous your looking at a insane grind. youll end up playing the same moscow level over 100+ times for money and to buy all the guns. not only do you have a ridiculous grind on each and every gun, you have to the whole tier of each gun, and then you have to buy every single perk. and then you have to do all the multiplayer. ONE of those grinds will drive you insane! all of the grinds will make you want to MURDER YOUR PS4!!!! oh and if you happen to do all that, you still have to beat the levels on the insane mode which is a COMPLETE NIGHTMARE!!!!!!! 

your only prayer is that the one or 2 levels that are still glitchable havent been patched so you can at least do those solo. as for trophy hunters, i didnt find any in the game all i found was regular payers. but even the high level players will completely ruin your tactics. there is certain little tricks here an there you can do which can be easily ruined.

i had 2 levels left i just could not beat. i found one guy who was VERY good. and was not a trophy hunter. he said he had a team of people and all they do is help others because all they do is play on insane every night. me and him did the last 2 levels i needed with 2 randoms. he told me save the special weapons till the end of the level which i did and we luckily barely just made it. my advice is if you play, find a team like that that religisously plays the game and nothing but that game because those guys are GOOD. but its almost impossible to even find a full match once you get into the hardcore levels. youll be sitting in a lobby forever. 

so that my miserable opinion of the game. honestly its a great game i really enjoyed it, but the trophies were RIDICULOUS. prob one of the worst grinds i ever did in my life. and if you care about your trophy leaderboards at all, i dropped 500 spots just from wasting time on that game. i think for a entire month i had only 12 total trophies because of that game

also to add to that id say get the disc version and dont update it like some of the above people said. there was times this game pissed me off so bad i was about to buy a second copy on disc because i had digital just to glitch the maps and unlock everything faster. the unpacthed disc will prob cut a tremendous amount of time off. also i never played with the new levels or mutators i have no clue what those are. those must of came out after i was done

the best tip i can give, if it hasnt been patched for leveling up the guns is go to the first and second pit of moscow on easy, play alone. theres alot of guns there. the hordes dont stop coming in the second pit. kill until you max out 1 tier for the gun, theres a way to check the gun xp during game i forget how, once that gun hits max xp, drop it and get another gun. sometimes you can do one bracket on the gun for about 4 guns. and then some of the other guns will only pop up in the final scenario section. also for perk points do moscow and throw masking gas and rush to the first pit and hit the box then kill yourself and repeat on insane mode.

Edited by melodicmizery
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am relatively close to beating it too, which makes me more upset, literally 5 trophies off from plat and one of them is all perks which is easy imo, the guns are basically done for just need a couple more. I am worried about the insane though I will give it a couple of tries and then give up. I am actually mad they patched using the mutators to get the plat. The player base dwindled for a while and it seems like they intend for this game to be NIOH NG+5 hard for no reason.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Princejeffy said:

I am relatively close to beating it too, which makes me more upset, literally 5 trophies off from plat and one of them is all perks which is easy imo, the guns are basically done for just need a couple more. I am worried about the insane though I will give it a couple of tries and then give up. I am actually mad they patched using the mutators to get the plat. The player base dwindled for a while and it seems like they intend for this game to be NIOH NG+5 hard for no reason.


whats shitter is sometimes insane is based on pure luck. you can do a bunch of work and a over powered zombie just kills everyone. the grinding is awfull but doable if you have the time and patience. insane is a whole other story, like i said its best that you somehow luckily find a team of the non trophy hunters who play the game nonstop to help. maybe wwz has a website forum or something you can find them. mics are good, any perosn that joins a lobby just talk to them and tell them you need help and ask them how good they are etc. ive actually found alot of girls on that game who were super good. i would play sometimes 4 days in a row with no success on any level, then randomly the next day finish 2 insane levels in a row by luckily getting paired with a good team. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:


whats shitter is sometimes insane is based on pure luck. you can do a bunch of work and a over powered zombie just kills everyone. the grinding is awfull but doable if you have the time and patience. insane is a whole other story, like i said its best that you somehow luckily find a team of the non trophy hunters who play the game nonstop to help. maybe wwz has a website forum or something you can find them. mics are good, any perosn that joins a lobby just talk to them and tell them you need help and ask them how good they are etc. ive actually found alot of girls on that game who were super good. i would play sometimes 4 days in a row with no success on any level, then randomly the next day finish 2 insane levels in a row by luckily getting paired with a good team. 

Thanks for the heads up so I did not waste my time... on to another game >_<

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahh damnit missed that chance. Will probably try to see if any place has this for sale on black friday as physical version to get this game done and uninstalled. Insane is really hard with randoms. :/ It was way easier in the 1.0 release or whatever is on the disc, right?

Edited by Poramies
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23.11.2019 at 8:03 PM, serpent_guy said:

 

I can confirm after the latest patch (20 Nov 2019 which about 10+ GB patch) playing Private with Mutators won't count to your completion anymore :(

 

For those who hasn't installed the newest patch but already has the mutator options. I suggest to grab the "Well, what did you achieve?" trophy before updating the latest patch. I wish there's a way to revert back this patch :(

Are you sure about that? I can't check it rn because i already got the trophy, but it definetely counts towards the stats. I get the same amount xp and cash with mutations.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The plat is hard and time consuming for sure. thankfully the insane trophy has been made far easier.  

 

If you load up a private online match, there’s an option called mutators. This feature allows you to include buffs and debuffs to your games. Such buffs include, +50 Health to all team members, no special zombies (but more frequent hordes, shorter hordes, and regenerative equipment just to name a few. It is important to note that u have to activate the mutators after each episode u play.

 

If u have a couple of buddies, invite them to your private online game and u folks should be able to get the trophy in no time 😊

45 minutes ago, westersburg said:

Are you sure about that? I can't check it rn because i already got the trophy, but it definetely counts towards the stats. I get the same amount xp and cash with mutations.

My friend was able to get the what did u achieve trophy through the use of mutators while playing private online matches 😊

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, vanillamoose said:

The plat is hard and time consuming for sure. thankfully the insane trophy has been made far easier.  

 

If you load up a private online match, there’s an option called mutators. This feature allows you to include buffs and debuffs to your games. Such buffs include, +50 Health to all team members, no special zombies (but more frequent hordes, shorter hordes, and regenerative equipment just to name a few. It is important to note that u have to activate the mutators after each episode u play.

 

If u have a couple of buddies, invite them to your private online game and u folks should be able to get the trophy in no time 1f60a.png

My friend was able to get the what did u achieve trophy through the use of mutators while playing private online matches 1f60a.png

when did he get the trophy? A few people said, that it isnt possible since nov 20

Edited by westersburg
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

because of how torturous this game was, im glad they disabled those mutators to make it a cakewalk.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 hours ago, vanillamoose said:

The plat is hard and time consuming for sure. thankfully the insane trophy has been made far easier.  

 

If you load up a private online match, there’s an option called mutators. This feature allows you to include buffs and debuffs to your games. Such buffs include, +50 Health to all team members, no special zombies (but more frequent hordes, shorter hordes, and regenerative equipment just to name a few. It is important to note that u have to activate the mutators after each episode u play.

 

If u have a couple of buddies, invite them to your private online game and u folks should be able to get the trophy in no time 1f60a.png

My friend was able to get the what did u achieve trophy through the use of mutators while playing private online matches 1f60a.png

 

So it's still possible? I see you got yours on the 24th November, did you do it with the latest patch and mutators or the legit harder way? Or unpatched with mutators? Welp guess I'll try to complete them and see, the points will go to use anyway. :D

 

Edit: nvm wrong month :D oh well.

Edited by Poramies
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.