I’m fucked am I?

Ok, I just completed my first ever play through of this game on grounded because the trophy guide said that is the quickest way. But now I want to do the new game plus glitch where you can play it on easy, but everyone else is saying they completed it on easy first and then switched to grounded on new game plus. So now I have to play grounded again? 

I think I give up on the platinum now... I’m not playing it on grounded again. God that was a nightmare. The game was terrific, but there are parts that are terrifying and that were pretty damn hard. Damn you hotel basement!! Thank you.

• Like 1

The new game plus glitch is so that you can do your first playthrough on easy and have the second on Grounded, by glitching from Easy+ to Grounded+, to save you doing Grounded twice.

It doesn’t work the other way around I’m afraid, so you have to do Grounded again to get the remainder of the trophies.

Good news is, once you’ve done it once the second time should be much easier as you’ll be more familiar with how to approach the more difficult sections. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Kristycism said:

The new game plus glitch is so that you can do your first playthrough on easy and have the second on Grounded, by glitching from Easy+ to Grounded+, to save you doing Grounded twice.

It doesn’t work the other way around I’m afraid, so you have to do Grounded again to get the remainder of the trophies.

Good news is, once you’ve done it once the second time should be much easier as you’ll be more familiar with how to approach the more difficult sections. 

Oh god.. oh no. Please no.. the game was terrifying. Now I gotta play grounded one more time and get the collectibles. On new game plus, does it save collectibles you already got. What would be a good schedule to come,etc this game one more time? Maybe 1 chapter a day because I’m burned out lol. ? 

1 minute ago, HaserPL said:

You're not fucked, you've just added unnecessary difficulty and time because you haven't read the guide properly.

True..

27 minutes ago, Hunter777Merritt said:

Oh god.. oh no. Please no.. the game was terrifying. Now I gotta play grounded one more time and get the collectibles. On new game plus, does it save collectibles you already got. What would be a good schedule to come,etc this game one more time? Maybe 1 chapter a day because I’m burned out lol. 1f64f.png 

True..

The best way is to complete the first play through on easy and collect all the collectables and complete all missable trophies. Then on the second play through you complete the game  on grounded in new game plus to earn all the remaining difficulty trophies. Then you probably need to a third or 4th play through to upgrade all your weapons.

• Like 1

Not really fucked, if you can do grounded you will have an easier time with grounded plus. I jumped from normal and normal+ to grounded and then grounded+ years back when I played the game. Grounded was pretty hard I admit, especially the hotel basement, the big bandit encounter and the bunker, but the second time when you learned to use stealth to its greatest effect and abuse bricks and bottles to kill most enemies easily you should not have such a hard time, can't help you with the tension during the hotel basement encounter though, that one is unavoidable.

• Like 1

You’ve come this far only to give up? Come on man I know you have it in you. There’s some things you can do to make it a lot easier. Hotel Basement as soon as yo get the keycard, 4 runners spawn in. Just stay in that same room and aim at the entrance with a shotgun. Make sure you count them. Then head to the door before starting the generator and interact with it. This way after you start the generator the interaction will be directly the keycard.

Just find the fastest way to get from generator to the door and you’ll probably get past it really quick. There are so many ways to make this game a lot easier. Look up Anthony Caliber on YouTube he has so many fast strategies, helped me out a lot.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, patrickogorman19 said:

The best way is to complete the first play through on easy and collect all the collectables and complete all missable trophies. Then on the second play through you complete the game  on grounded in new game plus to earn all the remaining difficulty trophies. Then you probably need to a third or 4th play through to upgrade all your weapons.

Why not just do multiple playthroughs on easy+ to upgrade everything. Then do grounded. That way you have everything upgraded and it will be easier. 

• Like 2

Don't worry about this platinum. The SP content is awesome. But when you get to the online trophies you'll regret going for it. It's boring as hell, they put you against no life level 999 with pay to win weapons when you're still at level zero.

I know you don't need to win a single match to get the trophies, but God it is boring to keep dying like it's a Sean Bean movie.

• Like 1

Easiest way from this point is do your next playthrough on Easy+, then reverse Grounded+.  Your Easy+ run will allow you to finish off any collectible and weapon/health upgrade trophies, and then reverse Grounded+ will be a breeze since you won't have to worry about conserving ammo or resources.  The hotel basement will be child's play as you can just drop bombs in the main pathways.  Btw, after triggering the infected rush, you can just sprint to the exit, you don't have to kill anyone.  That's what I did on Survival+ the normal way many years ago on PS3.  On reverse Grounded+ I placed all my bombs, crafted more, and unloaded on them with everything I had and it was pretty satisfying.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, brunovzanella said:

they put you against no life level 999 with pay to win weapons when you're still at level zero.

They've got to level 999 coz they enjoy the game they play. And in no way is the MP play to win. 

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Only1Tommo1 said:

They've got to level 999 coz they enjoy the game they play. And in no way is the MP play to win. 

Sorry but it is, kind of. After playing through the multiplayer on both PS3 and PS4 for at least 600 hours, and buying every weapon and a few "skills" on the PS4 version, they are OP as fuck. Tactical Shotgun, Frontier Rifle and Burst Pistol are among the best weapons in the game, I have had at least a dozen games with score 15 kills and 0 downs, thanks to these weapons. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Radford999 said:

Why not just do multiple playthroughs on easy+ to upgrade everything. Then do grounded. That way you have everything upgraded and it will be easier. 

I found that upgrades aren't that useful when it comes to Grounded.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Only1Tommo1 said:

They've got to level 999 coz they enjoy the game they play

And in no way is the MP play to win. 

A poor excuse that can be said for... literally... any game.

Yes it is. The tactical shogun is the most overpowered non-purchasable weapon in the whole game (which is also one of the prime reasons I've kept "retiring from the game time and time again and time again), and it's locked behind a paywall. There are also (strong) perks locked behind a paywall. The crossbow, which is a very powerful weapon... with a one of a kind effect, is also locked behind a paywall.

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 2

The arguments of pay to win are totally invalid. I've bought no content for MP on both the PS3 & PS4, I've enjoyed and completed both, had fun playing them and, dare I say, won more than I lost. Like with all MP, you're not inclined to play them or buy something for. For me, that would be GTA 5 and uncharted 4. Both lacking in 100% on my list coz I refuse pay to wins and do not enjoy what they offer. 

• Like 1

The argument that it doesn't have pay to win elements is actually invalid, as well as claiming a game doesn't have them because you're able to at times hold your own against them. Never has pay to win ensured a  person with it 100% win/domination rate over those who don't partake in it. That's not how it works. Similar to your personal situation with TLOU, Uncharted 4 100% can also be achieved without the pay to win stuff; it's just harder without it.

• Like 2

This game is no more pay-to-win than any other online shooter I have played.  Actually relatively easy for a casual to jump in and hold their own.

The disadvantage is against players who play this game 24/7 and know every trick and nuance of each map, but again, that can be said in any similar multiplayer game.

As for the MP trophies, so easy to earn just playing naturally and casually.  Wish they could all be like this.  Looking at you Uncharted 2 and 3.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2019 at 4:27 AM, HaserPL said:

Yeah I wouldn't be worried too much. How's your collectibles? You could do an easy run now, to sort of relax and not stress too much and pick everything up, and then do a grounded speed run.

Didnt really focus on them the first run. Got quite a bit though. So I guess I will play through on easy and get collectibles and try to max stuff.

On 10/19/2019 at 0:18 PM, djb5f said:

This game is no more pay-to-win than any other online shooter I have played.  Actually relatively easy for a casual to jump in and hold their own.

The disadvantage is against players who play this game 24/7 and know every trick and nuance of each map, but again, that can be said in any similar multiplayer game.

As for the MP trophies, so easy to earn just playing naturally and casually.  Wish they could all be like this.  Looking at you Uncharted 2 and 3.

Haha yeah, I’m on week 5 day 6 and using all easy challenges for 100% population loss. It is kinda stressing but not impossible.

On 10/19/2019 at 11:32 AM, EcoShifter said:

The argument that it doesn't have pay to win elements is actually invalid, as well as claiming a game doesn't have them because you're able to at times hold your own against them. Never has pay to win ensured a  person with it 100% win/domination rate over those who don't partake in it. That's not how it works. Similar to your personal situation with TLOU, Uncharted 4 100% can also be achieved without the pay to win stuff; it's just harder without it.

I don’t really have to say anything because I’m a kid and don’t really worry much about pay to win stuff, but I do have one thing on this game. When you hop into a lobby, people are level 500 and shit. That is rediculous. I couldn’t fathom getting to that level.

On 10/19/2019 at 8:19 AM, brunovzanella said:

Don't worry about this platinum. The SP content is awesome. But when you get to the online trophies you'll regret going for it. It's boring as hell, they put you against no life level 999 with pay to win weapons when you're still at level zero.

I know you don't need to win a single match to get the trophies, but God it is boring to keep dying like it's a Sean Bean movie.

God, you are exactly right. These high levels wreek havoc on all lobbies lol.

On 10/19/2019 at 7:06 AM, neospoon said:

You’ve come this far only to give up? Come on man I know you have it in you. There’s some things you can do to make it a lot easier. Hotel Basement as soon as yo get the keycard, 4 runners spawn in. Just stay in that same room and aim at the entrance with a shotgun. Make sure you count them. Then head to the door before starting the generator and interact with it. This way after you start the generator the interaction will be directly the keycard.

Just find the fastest way to get from generator to the door and you’ll probably get past it really quick. There are so many ways to make this game a lot easier. Look up Anthony Caliber on YouTube he has so many fast strategies, helped me out a lot.

That’s exactly what I did. Running after the gen. Didn’t work for me nought. I had to slowly crawl up the slope after 50 tries, I didn’t get the bloater at the end, he was BEHIND me. God.. most terrifying part of the game.

On 10/19/2019 at 5:05 AM, Nighcisama said:

Not really fucked, if you can do grounded you will have an easier time with grounded plus. I jumped from normal and normal+ to grounded and then grounded+ years back when I played the game. Grounded was pretty hard I admit, especially the hotel basement, the big bandit encounter and the bunker, but the second time when you learned to use stealth to its greatest effect and abuse bricks and bottles to kill most enemies easily you should not have such a hard time, can't help you with the tension during the hotel basement encounter though, that one is unavoidable.

Definitely. FUCK the basement!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hunter777Merritt said:

That’s exactly what I did. Running after the gen. Didn’t work for me nought. I had to slowly crawl up the slope after 50 tries, I didn’t get the bloater at the end, he was BEHIND me. God.. most terrifying part of the game.

Definitely. FUCK the basement!

In the next room over to the slope there is a set of stairs, which after going up on it puts you directly in the right hallway ;)

But yeah the Hotel Basement is one of my least favorite parts in the game too. For some reason I always get nervous in there, even though I have beaten it many many times. I still need to do my grounded and grounded+ runs on PS3, might actually start on that this week. 

Anyway good luck finishing the game and don't give up on the platinum, it's definitely doable! 

Edited by neospoon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, neospoon said:

In the next room over to the slope there is a set of stairs, which after going up on it puts you directly in the right hallway ;)

But yeah the Hotel Basement is one of my least favorite parts in the game too. For some reason I always get nervous in there, even though I have beaten it many many times. I still need to do my grounded and grounded+ runs on PS3, might actually start on that this week. 

Anyway good luck finishing the game and don't give up on the platinum, it's definitely doable! 

I definitely won’t. Working on the multiplayer journeys right now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hunter777Merritt said:

Haha yeah, I’m on week 5 day 6 and using all easy challenges for 100% population loss. It is kinda stressing but not impossible.

I don’t really have to say anything because I’m a kid and don’t really worry much about pay to win stuff, but I do have one thing on this game. When you hop into a lobby, people are level 500 and shit. That is rediculous. I couldn’t fathom getting to that level.

You've probably made it harder for yourself. It's better to save the easier ones for last. The challenge mostly appears later on in the weeks, when your ration threshold is high, you have some unhealthy people, and you've used up some of the easier challenges. With certain knowledge of the game's online concepts, it's not necessarily hard, though.

Yup. One of many issues with the game's MP is lack of, if not, poor skilled based matchmaking. For two weeks now since returning to this "defining example of a remastered game/best remaster done in a game", I've been running into mostly lv0-8. Then there's of course the players in the lv100-900s. All of this and my level is within the mid 200s, formerly the earlier 200s when I returned as mentioned above. Apparently my level is also the efforts after putting 180+ hours into the game. This is also Naughty Dog's second game with an odd leveling system after Uncharted 2 but also their most oddest and stupidest. 

Edited by EcoShifter

this game's hardest difficulty is a piece of cake comparing that of uncharted's, especially if you finished it once already.. 

i think these kinda survival-action games are much better on harder difficulties. i did it on hard first and then on grounded if i remember correctly.. 

• Like 1