do NOT buy the digital version (platinum impossible on patch 1.07 ps4 pro) *issue resolved somewhat*

UlvenFenrir

at the end of chapter 2 playing as the succubus a crash occurs as you try to finish the level and there is no workaround that i found. im playing with the latest patch installed 1.07. avoid the digital version and get the disc version if you can and dont install the patch. 

this game is garbage.

edit: 3 game breaking bugs total. you cant even play agony mode. my friend tested his physical version of agony on patch 1.07 and that works fine for him so it must be something to do with the files that are being downloaded from the digital version.

edit 2: more notes. i finally figured out what the issue was, at least for me. after extensive testing i think this is a isolated problem on ps4 pro. agony physical edition works fine on base ps4. i didnt test the digital version on base ps4 but id assume it also works. 

also after i rebuilt database on ps4 pro, i couldnt even get past the “press any button” screen. it would crash every single time.

in other words, if you have a ps4 pro you might get lucky and agony will work for you like it did for me at the beginning but then glaring issues and game breaking bugs started appearing out of nowhere. if you can, play agony on a base ps4 and avoid playing it on ps4 pro at all costs.

i also just got the platinum trophy and since there are no guides ill be happy to answer any questions you have. hope this helps someone so you wont have to go through the same headache as me.

Edited by UlvenFenrir
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

im playing with the latest patch installed 1.07. avoid the digital version and get the disc version if you can and dont install the patch.

Have you tried downgrading your digital version?

12 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

thanks but no thanks. i dont intend on violating the tos.

Sony doesn't care about this exploit, like they don't give a shit about the numerous other exploits that have been around for ages e.g. the AvP proxy exploit and the Vita multiple account exploit. The patch downgrade exploit has been around for months and there hasn't been a single reported case of anyone getting banned for using it :).

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

ok thx,but for the different endings need multiple playthrough?

for different endings, you can use chapter select once you beat the game for the first time. all the requirements for the different endings can be done via chapter select as the game saves the information. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 20/10/2019 at 3:08 AM, UlvenFenrir said:

at the end of chapter 2 playing as the succubus a crash occurs as you try to finish the level and there is no workaround that i found. im playing with the latest patch installed 1.07. avoid the digital version and get the disc version if you can and dont install the patch. 

this game is garbage.

edit: 3 game breaking bugs total. you cant even play agony mode. my friend tested his physical version of agony on patch 1.07 and that works fine for him so it must be something to do with the files that are being downloaded from the digital version.

edit 2: more notes. i finally figured out what the issue was, at least for me. after extensive testing i think this is a isolated problem on ps4 pro. agony physical edition works fine on base ps4. i didnt test the digital version on base ps4 but id assume it also works. 

also after i rebuilt database on ps4 pro, i couldnt even get past the “press any button” screen. it would crash every single time.

in other words, if you have a ps4 pro you might get lucky and agony will work for you like it did for me at the beginning but then glaring issues and game breaking bugs started appearing out of nowhere. if you can, play agony on a base ps4 and avoid playing it on ps4 pro at all costs.

i also just got the platinum trophy and since there are no guides ill be happy to answer any questions you have. hope this helps someone so you wont have to go through the same headache as me.

The exact same is happening to me, progression past chapter 2 is IMPOSSIBLE! ABSOLUTELY DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!

(Ive reached out to the developer Madmind Studios, even that was a pain, the 'Send Message' button on their website doesnt even work LOL It seems fucking things up is a common trait among their staff.

Edited by Knightmare_1985
edit...

*UPDATE*

i just rang Sony, they’ve sent an email requesting it be fixed and offered a refund, I refused the refund as I still want the completion but for anyone else who got burnt by the game it should be relatively easy to acquire a refund as there’s currently no way to progress past the 2nd chapter on Ps4 pro without using CFW

TL,DR; you can easily get a refund for this game ;)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, Morpheus__777 said:

Dude!  You must walk on water to, first of all, get ahold of Sony and second, to get them to offer a refund!?!?  My head is spinning....

The grammar police would have a field day with you lol

In response to your condescending yet uniformed comment, admittedly a refund is probably easier to obtain in Australia due to our consumer affairs constantly taking Sony to court for refusing refunds in the past. I merely posted that information as I didn’t ask for a refund, instead I was offered one by Sony, that information may benefit anyone else who has recently purchased the game with the intention of playing it on a Pro. When I get home I’ll find the email and post it here just in case there’s any more that come along severely lacking power to the thinking department and like to post bs simply because that’s the only joy they get from life ?

19 hours ago, SecondGenesis said:

So, this game is still a mess? I see it's on sale again

I hope you don't have an account from another country

It’s fine on a regular Ps4, the problem lies in using a Pro for some odd reason, it’s a shame because while the game will never be a 10/10 the devs have noticeably spent a lot of time fixing its many flaws since launch, I enjoyed most of it until I aimed for completion lol

1 hour ago, Knightmare_1985 said:

It’s fine on a regular Ps4, the problem lies in using a Pro for some odd reason, it’s a shame because while the game will never be a 10/10 the devs have noticeably spent a lot of time fixing its many flaws since launch, I enjoyed most of it until I aimed for completion lol

Oh? That certainly is strange lol. I have a base PS4 and a Pro, so I guess I could still play it.

2 hours ago, Knightmare_1985 said:

Yeah, you’ll be fine on base Ps4, on pro the transition between chapter 2 and 3 crashes the game everytime, same goes for succubus mode, agony mode won’t even start lol

I wonder, If I played past Chapter 2 on the base PS4, and uploaded my save to the cloud, and resumed it on the Pro....