do NOT buy the digital version (platinum impossible on patch 1.07 ps4 pro) *issue resolved somewhat*

UlvenFenrir

2 hours ago, SecondGenesis said:

I wonder, If I played past Chapter 2 on the base PS4, and uploaded my save to the cloud, and resumed it on the Pro....

Probably not much poInt in that, in my case I had a previous save from when I played it on launch at chapter 3, now I have a pro since then and doing the clean up in normal/succubus mode is impossible as I can’t progress past chapter 2 on succubus mode and there’s a lot of collectibles only obtainable while you’re a succubus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If anyone wants to know: Got Platinum yesterday with Patch 1.07 (Disc Version). The Game didn't crashed once but definetely has some technical gameplay issues.

I'd recommend to play the game normally and pay attention to the minimap most of the time. You can extend the Map by pressing/holding R1. Due to that I got ~75% of the collectibles. The rest I looked up with the Steam-Guide (which isn't 100 % accurate due to the game patches)

Edited by ruaid0r

• 3 months later...
On 10/19/2019 at 11:08 AM, UlvenFenrir said:

at the end of chapter 2 playing as the succubus a crash occurs as you try to finish the level and there is no workaround that i found. im playing with the latest patch installed 1.07. avoid the digital version and get the disc version if you can and dont install the patch. 

this game is garbage.

edit: 3 game breaking bugs total. you cant even play agony mode. my friend tested his physical version of agony on patch 1.07 and that works fine for him so it must be something to do with the files that are being downloaded from the digital version.

edit 2: more notes. i finally figured out what the issue was, at least for me. after extensive testing i think this is a isolated problem on ps4 pro. agony physical edition works fine on base ps4. i didnt test the digital version on base ps4 but id assume it also works. 

also after i rebuilt database on ps4 pro, i couldnt even get past the “press any button” screen. it would crash every single time.

in other words, if you have a ps4 pro you might get lucky and agony will work for you like it did for me at the beginning but then glaring issues and game breaking bugs started appearing out of nowhere. if you can, play agony on a base ps4 and avoid playing it on ps4 pro at all costs.

i also just got the platinum trophy and since there are no guides ill be happy to answer any questions you have. hope this helps someone so you wont have to go through the same headache as me.

Alright so here where I’m at. I just need to complete my gallery and to find all hidden rooms. How should I go about it? Does new game plus reset all those statues used for gallery currency? I’m so far I just really don’t wanna fuck up. Sadly any videos I find for rooms are out dated and look nothing like the game now (new traps and so on). 

8 hours ago, BlueMageBlake said:

Alright so here where I’m at. I just need to complete my gallery and to find all hidden rooms. How should I go about it? Does new game plus reset all those statues used for gallery currency? I’m so far I just really don’t wanna fuck up. Sadly any videos I find for rooms are out dated and look nothing like the game now (new traps and so on). 

Pretty sure you get to keep everything you have collected so far. I think you can use chapter select to clean up any collectibles to get the remaining points you need to buy everything. Wait off with buying collectibles especially the ones that cost 500+. You can find most of those in the game and its a waste of points unless you want to grind points in the extra mode (forgot the name of it).

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Guys! I found a solution about the succubus chapter 2 bug! It also fixes the agony mode bug, where you can't start a game!

I m playing it on PS5, physical copy, patch 1.07. I guess it works on PS4 pro too (someone can confirm it maybe?). Well, what's the difference between PS4 and PS4 pro and PS5? The increased performance. So i want to PS5 settings and downgraded everything on video settings. That is:

Resolution: 720p

HDR: Off

Deep colour output: Off

RGB Range: Limited

Enable 120hz Output: Off.

And IT WORKED!

Edited by karpathoulas667
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, Anton_games337 said:

What happens when you play on PS5?

It's probably the same near unplayable wreck like if you played it on a PS4 Pro but I can't confirm that. If you really want to play this game, then get the Unrated PC version since that has none of the problems that plague the console versions and is completely uncensored.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

1 hour ago, Anton_games337 said:

Is it possible to get platinum on digital version? It is on sale now...

Я выбивал недавно, норм всё. Но платина гемор

Google Translate:

I knocked out recently, everything is fine. But platinum is hemorrhoid

Edited by DaivRules
All posts need to be in English

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2021 at 7:30 AM, Anton_games337 said:

What happens when you play on PS5?

Running Digital 1.07 on PS5, hard crash around end of level 2. 

Error:

"Load Can't Load the saved data because it's corrupted. It'll be deleted. Corrupted Data"

Have had no luck restoring it. Do have disc and OG ps4, but to replay all this stuff would be....wait for it....Agony.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 28/4/2021 at 3:24 PM, karpathoulas667 said:

Guys! I found a solution about the succubus chapter 2 bug! It also fixes the agony mode bug, where you can't start a game!

I m playing it on PS5, physical copy, patch 1.07. I guess it works on PS4 pro too (someone can confirm it maybe?). Well, what's the difference between PS4 and PS4 pro and PS5? The increased performance. So i want to PS5 settings and downgraded everything on video settings. That is:

Resolution: 720p

HDR: Off

Deep colour output: Off

RGB Range: Limited

Enable 120hz Output: Off.

And IT WORKED!

PS4 Pro here. I can confirm. Thank you so much!

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

Okay so i came looking for an awsner and found none BUT i found one myself. 

On the ps4 pro assuming you play at a video output of 2160 so 4K

Change it to 1080P in your system settings. This worked after finding some issues with agony mode and it seems to work with succubus mode too ?

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
4 minutes ago, DeadDexterous said:

Wow no !

I LOVED this game.

I am devastated that Succubus, the follow on that was supposed to be available on all platforms this year has been cancelled due to censorship.

I played Agony on the 'Days of play' 1TB console.

One of my favourite games of all time !

The graphics? What? They are as good as any released that year.

If you are using a PS4 Pro, I am annoyed for you that you were not able to enjoy this game.

You are officially the 1st person I've heard say positive things about this game. I have it, I'll play it someday, but I have low expectations. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

You are officially the 1st person I've heard say positive things about this game. I have it, I'll play it someday, but I have low expectations. 

Well congrats because you're about to meet a second. I also enjoyed this game quite a bit. I don't know what it's like now (I heard a lot of patches have added a lot of handholding and showing location all or most of the collectables which detracts a little from the explorative aspects and might leave it feeling more like a simpler walking sim) but when I played the game at least it was pretty decent, hardly going to be getting 10/10s or GOTY nominations but for what it is I think it delivers a good explorative horror experience with a good interpretation of hell.

A lot of criticisms were overblown at launch because it had some censorship controversy so there's naturally a crowd looking for anything to criticise it on, happens plenty with bigger games too 'oh look, this one rock has a bad texture, game bad!' xD. It's not a bad game mechanically nor are the graphics 'awful' as some claim. In places it actually looks pretty good if your expectations aren't for it to compare to some huge high budget AAA title.

Aside from the glitch mentioned in this thread (which I luckily personally didn't experience because I have a base PS4) there's no other major glitches that I can think of. There may be the occasionally rare frivolous lighting or texture issue but nothing that'll truly interfere with the experience.

Lower expectations is still not a bad way to go into it though. (as long as you're not already convincing yourself it's going to be bad before you give it a chance xD)

• Like 2

• 6 months later...