how do you play the uk version on a usa account?

melodicmizery

this was on sale in the uk store so i bought it on a alt account. i have the american version already i plan on doing it twice as this is the first time im trying a overseas game since it was only  $11

so i bought the uk version but its locked from working on my american account. this is kind of a noob answer but how do i fix this lol. do i have to go on my uk account and make it the primary until im done with the game and then switch my usa back to primary after? and then do i need to buy a second ps plus for the uk game?

i would like to buy more uk games in the future because sometimes they have better sales. like if you go on ps3 right now theres only 4 games in the deal section compared to uk that has like 30 or so games

What maxijodi said, and yeah you'll be able to play EU games on your NA account. Not regions have separate lists, so it's best to use this site if you want to see what games you can region plat stack. Oh and you can have multiple accounts primary on your PS4. Just keep the EU primary and switch to the NA account and you'll be good.

Oh and this applies to digital and physical copies of games. If you buy a EU game and want to buy DLC, you'd have to buy the EU DLC. If you try buying the US DLC to play on a EU game, it won't work. Sadly. ?

P.S. All games published by Ratalaika region stack up to 6 plats. ?

Edited by xAmaezingx
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, xAmaezingx said:

What maxijodi said, and yeah you'll be able to play EU games on your NA account. Not regions have separate lists, so it's best to use this site if you want to see what games you can region plat stack. Oh and you can have multiple accounts primary on your PS4. Just keep the EU primary and switch to the NA account and you'll be good.

Oh and this applies to digital and physical copies of games. If you buy a EU game and want to buy DLC, you'd have to buy the EU DLC. If you try buying the US DLC to play on a EU game, it won't work. Sadly. 1f615.png

P.S. All games published by Ratalaika region stack up to 6 plats. 1f606.png

i learned about the dlc yesterday not working. i bought dying light when it came out. usa wont budge on the season pass they want $30 which is ridiculous. but i see in uk its on sale for 10 euro. so i asked around and learned what u had said that it wont work which is a bummer. 

i'll prob do friday the 13th on both regions and thats prob the only title. i dont care much for stacking plats or playing vita or having a account in every single country possible. even the few quick plats i have i think are only 4. think i might have to do beach buggy on uk as well because they patched it for uk but not for usa, so we have to do triple the work on the last 2 trophies which is faster to just dump the game and restart on europe but i still gotta look into that more

29 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

i learned about the dlc yesterday not working. i bought dying light when it came out. usa wont budge on the season pass they want $30 which is ridiculous. but i see in uk its on sale for 10 euro. so i asked around and learned what u had said that it wont work which is a bummer. 

i'll prob do friday the 13th on both regions and thats prob the only title. i dont care much for stacking plats or playing vita or having a account in every single country possible. even the few quick plats i have i think are only 4. think i might have to do beach buggy on uk as well because they patched it for uk but not for usa, so we have to do triple the work on the last 2 trophies which is faster to just dump the game and restart on europe but i still gotta look into that more

You could just buy dying light the following instead which includes the dlcs and has been on sale for less than 10 dollars numerous times 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

Sorry to hear that. ? Yeah I had to look around to see if DLC would work, cause I wanted the DLC outfits for White Day a labyrinth named school so I could see different outfits besides what the game gives you as in game rewards. But to spend $16 for a £10 card for one outfit pack is $6 more than the NA verison, which I'm too cheap to do. ? Though the logic behind DLC being region locked is understandable, just stinks. 

I'm not gonna diss who region stacks plats, cause people trophy hunt as they see fit. I just know that most games tend to share a list or have like 6+ different regions. ?

I don't know much about Beach Buggy, but happy hunting on that game! ?

Edited by xAmaezingx