Story Skip, Trophies?

Hello, my friends (who are all max level, BiS, etc.) want to get me into FFXIV cause they're missing couple players for raids. I'll have to buy Story/Job skip to catch up quickly and I was wondering what impact that would have on the trophies.

I tried googling here and there and didn't find any answers.

Thank you.

Typically, trophies are tied to in-game achievements. Meaning that if you earn the in-game achievement you also get the respective trophy related to it. With some exceptions.

The only trophies affected by a story skip would be two trophies, Page One and Warrior of Light. (Finishing a single quest and finishing the base 2.0 story mission 'A Realm Reborn')

Buying a skip potion awards a player all related achievements in game up to the point that is skipped to. (Which satisfied the two above quest criterias) However, as is the case with a transferred profile (from PC to PS3/4) you'll have to complete +1 of whatever action the trophy pertains to. In this case, you'll need to finish one story quest to flag the trophies to be given to you.

At least, that is the theory. Leves/crafts/raids and other trophies all work this way... (if you have already crafted 5k items as a leathersmith, on PC, then transferred to PS4, you'll just have to craft 1 leather item to get the craft 1 and craft 1000 trophies) 

I don't see though why this wouldn't be true as this was the case for people that transferred to PS3/4 back in Heavensward (3.0).

28 minutes ago, mrrj46 said:

Hello, my friends (who are all max level, BiS, etc.) want to get me into FFXIV cause they're missing couple players for raids. I'll have to buy Story/Job skip to catch up quickly and I was wondering what impact that would have on the trophies.

I tried googling here and there and didn't find any answers.

Thank you.

Hope that answers your question in a satisfactory way

• Like 1

I’d imagine that because you can have multiple characters the worst thing that will happen is that the trophy doesn’t pop and you’ll have to run through ARR with another character. 

Everything else is tied to actual achievements in game so I’d like to think that they’re not affected.

I don’t have a way of testing this for you right now however.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I am sort of in the same spot. I am running through the game but part of me wants to get max level in all jobs. However, I don't want to do that on my main because I want to restrict her to one job in each of the five roles: Healer(Scholar), Magical DPS(Summoner), Melee DPS(Ninja), Ranged DPS(Machinist) and Tank(Dark Knight) - right now I am halfway through Realm Reborn so I have to wait for the last two. I don't see my character being a Paladin or Warrior. Also, I was sort of burned out doing all the Realm Reborn relics (and paying too much money to pay for the items for the last steps, ouch) so I want to avoid doing too many relic weapons for this character.

However, I want to have an Omni-90 character at some point just to say I did it and plan to use a story skip to just avoid having to do all of the MSQ so I have to work to get every job to Level 90 instead of piggybacking off the MSQ EXP. (I'd use that skip just after the introductory quests to avoid any awkwardness.)

I don't care if I did pop any trophies related to the expansions as I consider that DLC and not too important. It's the Realm Reborn quests I was worried about.

I guess if Dreggit is correct, I guess the best way to avoid auto-pops on the platinum list is just to get my main to Heavensward and pop all of the 2.0-2.55 story trophies.

And yes, this is the PS5 list.

Edited by Taruta13

• 9 months later...

I was the last poster on this thread, Taruta13 was my old account.

To note, I actually am going through this trophy list and if you don't care about progress, just use a story skip. I did for my trash character and as soon as he completed a quest, any quest, Page One and Warrior of Light popped because I skipped the ARR story. (For giggles, the quest that got these trophies for me was the one that unlocks Blue Mage. :lol:)