mrrj46

Story Skip, Trophies?

4 posts in this topic

Hello, my friends (who are all max level, BiS, etc.) want to get me into FFXIV cause they're missing couple players for raids. I'll have to buy Story/Job skip to catch up quickly and I was wondering what impact that would have on the trophies.

I tried googling here and there and didn't find any answers.

Thank you.

Typically, trophies are tied to in-game achievements. Meaning that if you earn the in-game achievement you also get the respective trophy related to it. With some exceptions.

The only trophies affected by a story skip would be two trophies, Page One and Warrior of Light. (Finishing a single quest and finishing the base 2.0 story mission 'A Realm Reborn')

Buying a skip potion awards a player all related achievements in game up to the point that is skipped to. (Which satisfied the two above quest criterias) However, as is the case with a transferred profile (from PC to PS3/4) you'll have to complete +1 of whatever action the trophy pertains to. In this case, you'll need to finish one story quest to flag the trophies to be given to you.

At least, that is the theory. Leves/crafts/raids and other trophies all work this way... (if you have already crafted 5k items as a leathersmith, on PC, then transferred to PS4, you'll just have to craft 1 leather item to get the craft 1 and craft 1000 trophies) 

I don't see though why this wouldn't be true as this was the case for people that transferred to PS3/4 back in Heavensward (3.0).

28 minutes ago, mrrj46 said:

Hello, my friends (who are all max level, BiS, etc.) want to get me into FFXIV cause they're missing couple players for raids. I'll have to buy Story/Job skip to catch up quickly and I was wondering what impact that would have on the trophies.

I tried googling here and there and didn't find any answers.

Thank you.

Hope that answers your question in a satisfactory way

I’d imagine that because you can have multiple characters the worst thing that will happen is that the trophy doesn’t pop and you’ll have to run through ARR with another character. 

Everything else is tied to actual achievements in game so I’d like to think that they’re not affected.

I don’t have a way of testing this for you right now however.

Thank you guys for your contributions. If anyone is in the same spot I'd love to hear from them.