Any tips on catching Wintermoon Nettle/Big Jellyfish

This mofo has spawned three times on me and all three of those times, by the time I got up to the summit it was gone. It wasn't even anywhere near to dawn, the night was still young....Anybody have any tips? Why do I keep missing it?? It's my last trophy and I'm seriously about to call it quits because of this disappearing act bullsht. Spent 3 days already just trying to catch this creature. ?

It circles around the summit, but as it does so, it dips down out of sight for part of it's path - have you tried waiting around to see if it comes back? It can take a bit for it to do so.

I know for me, I thought "welp, it's gone now, nvm" but as I climbed back down, I saw it around when I looked back up, and it was below the peak. So I climbed back up and waited, and it returned for me to catch shortly after.

• Like 1

I just got it now yes!!! I was about to sleep but decided to give it one more go. I guess I was really just too slow. I practiced getting up to the summit over and over again while waiting for the next night time and I managed to get up there really quickly this time around. It's kinda bs though how it's a timed spawn. It's very rare enough as it is and having to panic and scramble your way through those wall jumps and then waiting for that gust of wind to come is too much. I wonder if anyone is actually insane enough to get ALL crowns for endemic life (including all rare ones). That deserves a platinum trophy of its own lol.

But now that I finally got the platinum, I can finally move away from this game for a while. ? Apart from this jellyfish fiasco, the Iceborne plat was pretty fun imo.

Edited by PostGameBlues