Difficulty of PS4 Version

TheVengeance1231

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Just finished 5 not long ago. That one has an insane amount of things to do even compared to other Yakuza games, but I still consider 3 to be the harder plat.

This is because you need to beat the hardest difficulties in every mini game. As others have said, a lot of games like pool just end up 20% skill, 80% luck.

Also, the enemy AI is incredibly defensive in this game. A lot of the combat is trying to get around the enemy blocks. I found it pretty tedious.

There aren't really any missables. The guide says there are 3 missable substories, so you might want to look into those, but you should be able to clean them up just fine in Premium adventure after you beat the game (so the trophy isn't missable).

They didn't change anything from the PS3 release in terms of gameplay outside of adding back all the minigames they cut. It's the same difficulty as 3 but with more minigames to deal with. Expert AI is still the same for darts and pool, golf wasn't made easier, etc. 3's already considered one of the hardest from the minigame aspect because the AI is completely unforgiving and unless you're hitting triple 20s in darts you're not going to beat it a lot of the time while in pool unless you're able to accurately pocket balls every single time you can move they can just clear the board on a single turn.

17 minutes ago, PETMAN3000 said:

are there missable trophies/substories?

There's a couple missable substories, moreso because they added over 20 or so substories back. There's one where you have to deal with the suicidal guy I think in chapter 6, and then there's another one later on in chapter 8 I think. This is ignoring the three from the western PS3 release.

but the trophy guide for the ps3 says you can still play them in premium adventure? shouldnt the ps4 substories also be playable in premium adventure?

CyricZ's guide for the PS4 version does not mention any missable substories

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/239455-yakuza-3-remastered/faqs/77723/substories

Edited by PETMAN3000

20 hours ago, PETMAN3000 said:

but the trophy guide for the ps3 says you can still play them in premium adventure? shouldnt the ps4 substories also be playable in premium adventure?

CyricZ's guide for the PS4 version does not mention any missable substories

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/239455-yakuza-3-remastered/faqs/77723/substories

They are indeed playable in premium. As far as I can remember, they are all doable there.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I was kind of wondering what the fuss was about. Did all the mini games without too much issue, which seemed to be the main bugbear...then I got to Ultimate match 3. Fuck Ultimate match 3. Ultimate match 3 can go commit seppuku and I still might not forgive if for the dishonour it shows to the basic tenets of fairness and human decency.

I might change my mind when I calm down and inevitably pass this bastard of a  timed challenge. But for now I’m saying Yakuza 3’s platinum is made twice as hard by this single event.

edit: ok, did it after 7 attempts, lol. Just legendary run left for the plat now. Shame you can’t skip the cutscenes

Edited by thefourfoldroot

2 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

edit: ok, did it after 7 attempts, lol. Just legendary run left for the plat now. Shame you can’t skip the cutscenes

Start > Options > Skip Cutscenes > On

or something to that effect

And yes, the difficulty of the mini games was really over-exaggerated, although pool took me 10 hours so I agree with it for that alone.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

Start > Options > Skip Cutscenes > On

or something to that effect

And yes, the difficulty of the mini games was really over-exaggerated, although pool took me 10 hours so I agree with it for that alone.

Funny, the hardest thing for me in terms of mini games was the baseball ex hard.

Thankfully I read online about the cinrmatic skip being hidden in the options, so only sat through a few. Thanks for the mention though, would have saved me loads of time

• Like 1