Read and experience the story...

turniplord

15 hours ago, hbg said:

[snip]

On one hand it is such a shame, that many people don't bother reading the stories because there are so many great stories and thankfully we are getting a lot more translations than even just five years ago. On the other hand, even the guys that are just skipping everything pay money for the game, so the developer gets paid and we (the guys that actually read VNs) get more games for our enjoyment, so I'm not too bitter about seeing people just buy them for easy trophies.

Exactly right. Why get annoyed at people who buy games simply to get the trophies and given the nature of this site, we've all likely done that at some point. It's their money, their choice, but as you rightly say, it increases sales and makes future VN ports more likely.

Edited by Xemik
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...
On 10/22/2019 at 2:34 AM, VigilentCrow said:

It would be interesting to see how many people would even play games if they removed the trophies.  But, that is a different topic that has already been discussed. :hmm:

Unfortunately, trophy hunting has both ruined and made gaming more enjoyable. I struggle to play my Nintendo games purely because there are no trophies. But at the same time, I love trophy hunting.

• 1 month later...

To each their own, but I find it kind of tragic that people would purchase this one and just skip through the whole thing for quick trophies, because that's just how excellent I'm finding Raging Loop to be and how much of a blast I'm having. Means less people to chat about it with.

• 5 months later...

I highly recommend reading the game as well.

There's no need to read guides for this one. Absolutely no need. You can select exactly where in the story you want to leave off from, so no need to save/load and you'll go through everything regardless. The only exception to going through everything is that after you got the platinum, basically played through entire game, all endings etc, you can still get more content by replaying the game, in a mode that allows you to read the other characters thoughts, which is way more interesting in this game than you'd expect without playing the game.

If anyone wonders about the length... I did a complete playthrough, not the "mind reading" part though:

^ You can do it faster IIRC, I let all the characters speak to they are finished (at least as far as I understand if they are finished or not)

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1