?

On 10/21/2019 at 1:19 PM, djb5f said:

Ability to downvote posts.  Yeah, the community might not be able to handle it but upvotes only tell half the story.

This site shouldn't have either, so the upvoting should just be removed instead. Reddit is already the epitome example of why. Liking people's posts because you're extremely biased/their friend. Disliking people posts because you dislike them/they've pissed you off. Liking people's posts for meme sake. Disliking people's post because it depicts a truth you'd rather personally ignore than see or be reminded of. Etc. Obviously I'd like it for certain reasons, like against certain user who keeps going around this site claiming objectively challenging platinums aren't hard at all, certain people claiming a game is terrible because of its unfavorable trophy list or not personally liking the game's style that's clearly not for them, etc.

Spoiler

Plus, the amount of down-votes I'd obtain would be abnormally high. ?

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, EcoShifter said:

the amount of down-votes I'd obtain would be abnormally high

That's the point, especially if their posts aren't infringing on any site rules that would otherwise get them moderated/infracted/banned. If a user is continually ignorant, incoherent, or what they post just has no value, they should be "down-voted". That's the only way some people learn to stop posting stupid shit.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2019 at 3:59 PM, Helyx said:

That's the point, especially if their posts aren't infringing on any site rules that would otherwise get them moderated/infracted/banned. If a user is continually ignorant, incoherent, or what they post just has no value, they should be "down-voted". That's the only way some people learn to stop posting stupid shit.

Sameway a post can be ignorant, so can someone's "reasoning" behind down-voting, especially if they utterly fail to comprehend the person's point they're downvoting. Not all down-votes are justified or reasonable, even if genuine. Upvotes and downvotes are one of a whole. Either they both exist, or neither exist, but given how people can't use them properly, they don't deserve to exist.

Edited by EcoShifter

Maybe a backlog feature (unless it's already here). People could add all the games they plan to play, and mark them as owned or not, and others can look through and suggest games they play first or warn them or something. Being able to sort between rarity, average time taken, genre, or whatever else so when someone wants to find a new game based on whatever they want they can look at their backlog here and sort it.

• Like 1

As a free or paid subscriber I think it is fair that we be allowed to delete our own posts as well as any posts created in sessions we make or threads we create if there is some form of just cause like session disruption (a block for posts by users you have blocked out of session for posts in your session as host would work). This action would take a lot of work off of the moderator’s plate.

Would be fun to have a games owned list (would have to be done manually) so you can see how much of your collection you have completed.

I wanted to link my game list to my trophy list so I started all my games once to see them at 0%... Not the best solution in the world :P

I also agree that the lack of feedback is a major problem of this site.

Many of us have been asking for improved/customizable milestones for years. That I know of, we never got an official answer saying if it’s possible or if it’s being considered. It’s better to say a straight “No”, than to keep people waiting for things that might never happen.

This is especially bad, considering that lots of us are premium members, so we paid and supported the site. Not all of us are here for free.

Paying or not, it’s the members that keep the site alive. Don’t we deserve some consideration?

• Like 4

On 21/10/2019 at 3:02 PM, ILUV2POOPYAY said:

That is my point exactly, you shouldn't have to ask a Moderator to have your OWN topic deleted for you.

I do not like getting Reputation, there should be an option like the one where people cannot follow you on here. 

Is this a really sneaky way to get lots of reputation? Lol

Seriously though, what's the big deal about it?

Here's a suggestion I haven't seen mentioned;

Being able to filter gaming sessions to hide sessions for games that you have 100% on. I know I should always be willing to help my fellow man even if I've completed a game but sometimes I'd just like to browse through what sessions are going on for the games that I actually need to finish.

On 10/22/2019 at 7:30 AM, ILUV2POOPYAY said:

I did not know about that 3rd party forum software, thanks for the info. Worth to try anyway, and wanted to read great ideas from other gamers.

I left GameFAQs about 6 years ago by closing my 15+ years account because it was run by Nazi Gestapo. If I remembered correctly, you can delete your our topics at your own discretion on that site.

Love the idea on the Trophy Milestones. If I were into Trophies, I would only show Platinum Milestones too, from 10th and up.

I know that feeling. I also left GameFAQs because of like you said, but with some of the trolls getting under people's skin and some of the corrupted moderators doing nothing to remedy this. I happen to know a GameFAQs mod from the Neptunia Boards.net who is also corrupted to the bone. But I have gotten over GameFAQs a long time ago and I am also happy that GameFAQs is dying due to declining popularity. 

2 hours ago, Smashero said:

Ability to report cheaters even if we don't "own" the game. 

Well, there is a reason this function was removed.  

6 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

Ability to join game sessions even if we don't "own" the game. 

And this one too.

• Like 2