PSNProfiles Stat Milestones

Sly Ripper

It is only natural that more and more people are boarding the PSNP Trophy Hunter train!! Site is awesome, looks slick, gets more and more features like trophy guides, new statistics and a (hopefully soon) coming app. And the icing on the cake, the community is helping, funny and engaging. 

In short, yay PSNProfiles!! xD

Edited by Omar
  • Like 2

I was thinking about this stat the other day, and am curious as to what "Gamers Tracked" means exactly.

It would be a little naive to assume that it means there's now 2 million registered PlayStation users, especially since I had to sync up a few friends' accounts onto this site since they didn't exist on the leaderboard.

So my question is, how does a gamer become "tracked" on this site?

I was thinking about this stat the other day, and am curious as to what "Gamers Tracked" means exactly.

It would be a little naive to assume that it means there's now 2 million registered PlayStation users, especially since I had to sync up a few friends' accounts onto this site since they didn't exist on the leaderboard.

So my question is, how does a gamer become "tracked" on this site?

When you subscribe to the website all your psn friends are automatically tracked :) Edited by pese-97

Is this the only way they're tracked?

Btw, I synced up some of my friends well before I became a member on PSNP, back when I was just a frequent visitor.

No you can also track someone from the main page. Just write his name and click "UPDATE USER" Edited by pese-97
  • Like 1

Is this the only way they're tracked?

Btw, I synced up some of my friends well before I became a member on PSNP, back when I was just a frequent visitor.

A user is tracked when anyone types their name into the box on the homepage, from that point they stay tracked. 

It used to be where when a users name was typed in, it synced all of their friends too, but that had to be removed because Sony told the site owner to stop doing it when they were implementing friends list privacy settings on PSN a few years ago.

I wonder what percentage of online registered PlayStation users we have tracked on this site.

Gotta imagine it's probably 10% if i were to guess blindly. Anyone know how many roughly there is? like on a PlayStation site perhaps.

I wonder what percentage of online registered PlayStation users we have tracked on this site.

Gotta imagine it's probably 10% if i were to guess blindly. Anyone know how many roughly there is? like on a PlayStation site perhaps.

Last I remember, Sony said there were 80 million "active" PSN accounts, but that was around the time PS3 sold like 60 million units - so a lot of "active" second accounts? Lol, not entirely sure. But it's definitely tens of millions accounts that actually matter/are used I would say.

Edited by BlindMango

I'm really surprised by the numbers.  2 million tracked gamers is a lot, but I'm surprised by the number of registered members.  I wonder if a lot of people just aren't registering, but still use the site to track their accounts, or if others are tracking their friends and people they meet online.  Probably no way to determine that...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

That's a lot of gamers gaming it up :triangle:  :cross:  :circle:  :square:  :up:  :down:  :left:  :right:  :l1:  :r1:  :l2:  :r2:  :l3:  :r3:  :start:  :select:  :ps:

The media said consoles were dead and Mobile phones are the future of gaming :stalker: they were wrong

Glad to part of this world between other worlds inside this world :jaymon:

Edited by nevetsteven2

• 2 months later...