Factions problem

Well, a crash is basically abnormal behavior/shutdown, so weird things can happen. Be happy that your progress didn't get reset to week 1 day 1 and/or level 0, which can happen, I've heard.

Edited by Quaddo1
removed no longer relevant forum info
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Asimb0mb said:

Mine didn't crash but I can't access Factions anymore. It says "error downloading config file". It was fine an hour ago, switched the game off for a little bit and now I'm unable to access Factions. Anyone know what to do?

Aw... I haven't had that glitch in a year or couple. Had that happened to me much more over the Uncharted games, though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Asimb0mb said:

Mine didn't crash but I can't access Factions anymore. It says "error downloading config file". It was fine an hour ago, switched the game off for a little bit and now I'm unable to access Factions. Anyone know what to do?

The game server might be down temporarily....though this error message can appear if one is behind a firewall. Do an internet connection test on the ps4 and make sure you've got at least 5 Mbps down, 0.5 Mbps up and NAT 2.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Quaddo1 said:

The game server might be down temporarily....though this error message can appear if one is behind a firewall. Do an internet connection test on the ps4 and make sure you've got at least 5 Mbps down, 0.5 Mbps up and NAT 2.

Just did the test and I've got 125 down, 10 up on NAT 2 (these are normal numbers for me). Still no access.

Edited by Asimb0mb
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

So I'm getting an "Error authentication failed" message at the moment. Been playing the last few days fine with no issues and now can't access factions. I did a bit of a search online and it looks like the servers are down and it's a fairly common occurrence which is frustrating. I only just started the mp. Hopefully I can get back in soon. Does anyone know how long they normally go down for since it looks like this happens pretty regularly?

6 hours ago, PeachyJacobs said:

So I'm getting an "Error authentication failed" message at the moment. Been playing the last few days fine with no issues and now can't access factions. I did a bit of a search online and it looks like the servers are down and it's a fairly common occurrence which is frustrating. I only just started the mp. Hopefully I can get back in soon. Does anyone know how long they normally go down for since it looks like this happens pretty regularly?

i can't access too..

On 5/5/2020 at 0:23 AM, PeachyJacobs said:

I finally gave up trying to get online access. Sadly the multiplayer trophies are all I need for the platinum but I could never get connected.

22 hours ago, FabledEdition said:

I finally gave up trying to get online access. Sadly the multiplayer trophies are all I need for the platinum but I could never get connected.

The game was only down for maybe 8 hours or so for me. Other than that I can find a match in about 2 minutes. The servers are really populated. There are a lot of high level players but that doesn't necessarily mean they are better. I've ran into some level 999 players that were awful and I'm currently level 5.

What happens when you look for a match? The same error I was getting? That should be fixed now and was only a temporary problem.

On 5/8/2020 at 1:57 PM, PeachyJacobs said:

The game was only down for maybe 8 hours or so for me. Other than that I can find a match in about 2 minutes. The servers are really populated. There are a lot of high level players but that doesn't necessarily mean they are better. I've ran into some level 999 players that were awful and I'm currently level 5.

What happens when you look for a match? The same error I was getting? That should be fixed now and was only a temporary problem.

I don't remember exactly what the error code was but it was a connection error. It's been a while since I last tried it. I'm reinstalling the game again to give it another try. It would be nice to get the platinum before 2 comes out.

5 hours ago, FabledEdition said:

I don't remember exactly what the error code was but it was a connection error. It's been a while since I last tried it. I'm reinstalling the game again to give it another try. It would be nice to get the platinum before 2 comes out.

Give it a go, hopefully you can finish it up! I'm online now and haven't had any issues connecting recently. Full matches and barely any waiting between games as well. I just finished up my Firefly run and working on the Hunter one now. Managed to pick up the DLC trophies along the way, they aren't too bad just a bit random as to when you see the map you need. You should get them all on the way to completing both journeys though.