This game is just stupid

On 5.1.2021 at 0:40 PM, OnuR10Ly said:

I finished Rise of the Tomb Raider this week on extreme survivor with that only campfires save thing. It really wasn't that bad tbh. Should i do the same on this one as well, is the difficulty smilar? 

The Platinum requires the game to be played on Deadly Obsession difficulty but I do highly recommend playing on a lower difficulty on your first playthrough since no survival instincts will make navigating through the game and finding relics and artifacts literal hell.

Also, this game is by far my favorite out of the reboot trilogy.

Rise is the weakest to me when it comes to story, I do prefer the endgame in Rise a lot more though.  

Edited by jenny_232

3 hours ago, jenny_232 said:

The Platinum requires the game to be played on Deadly Obsession difficulty but I do highly recommend playing on a lower difficulty on your first playthrough since no survival instincts will make navigating through the game and finding relics and artifacts literal hell.

Also, this game is by far my favorite out of the reboot trilogy.

Rise is the weakest to me when it comes to story, I do prefer the endgame in Rise a lot more though.  

I started with Deadly Obsession died couple times in the flood section at the start made it to the village so far its alright, but this is like 10% of the game. I quoted you because i wanted to ask something, so i made it to the first village a cutscene started and at the end of the cutscene the game crashed. So i had to do 10 minute section again which was fine i guess but does this game crash a lot or something? I usually never get games crash on my ps4. 

Just now, OnuR10Ly said:

I started with Deadly Obsession died couple times in the flood section at the start made it to the village so far its alright, but this is like 10% of the game. I quoted you because i wanted to ask something, so i made it to the first village a cutscene started and at the end of the cutscene the game crashed. So i had to do 10 minute section again which was fine i guess but does this game crash a lot or something? I usually never get games crash on my ps4. 

Oh, okay, good luck on your Deadly Obsession run! There will be quite a few long sections of both combat and platforming with only one base camp in between but you'll manage! I'm close to finishing the game on DO, thankfully. 

About crashing: Personally I've had no crashes in the 40+ hours I've been playing but I'm playing on my PS5 so I can't say for the PS4 version.

Just now, jenny_232 said:

Oh, okay, good luck on your Deadly Obsession run! There will be quite a few long sections of both combat and platforming with only one base camp in between but you'll manage! I'm close to finishing the game on DO, thankfully. 

About crashing: Personally I've had no crashes in the 40+ hours I've been playing but I'm playing on my PS5 so I can't say for the PS4 version.

Ah, i think that village might be too rough for my ps4slim. So far the game was pretty smooth but i was seeing some frame drops in the village, i guess i gotta be careful in populated areas. Good luck on your DO run as well. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2020 at 7:07 PM, xDevilizer said:

Lately, all I see on this site is a ton of cry babies! Stupid this, boring that, let’s sign a petition.....

I don't know about that...

I think theres some criticism for sure.

But I disagree every one is being a crybaby...

You ever looked at the fallguys posts?

Well I haven’t started the dreaded Deadly Obsession run yet so I may be putting the cart before the horse here, but so far my opinion is that the negative points made about this game in this thread are, as usual, blown WAY out of proportion.

It’s a pretty fun game so far, and really doesn’t feel drastically different than the other entries in the series up to this point. The most noticeable change is the lack of combat encounters compared to the previous two games, and there’s a far greater emphasis on exploration, platforming, and puzzle solving.

I personally don’t mind this much at all and hardly see it as a negative quality, as if anything it just reminds me of the older Tomb Raider and Indiana Jones games that I remember playing on PC as a kid. So far most of the puzzles and tombs I’ve visited have been really well designed, and I’m especially looking forward to seeing the crypts from the DLC.

I can definitely see Deadly Obsession quickly wearing out my patience though, as I can already tell there will be countless deaths due to platforming fails and difficulty getting Lara to jump where I want her too. Hopefully it won’t be bad enough to sour me on the whole experience though.

So far, so good! ??

I have not played Shadow and don't intend to, because Rise annoyed me so much that I had to quit it. The characters were so cardboard and the story so bland that it started angering me. I quit at the point when Lara got to a medieval looking village with lots of people and it started to feel like Skyrim and I don't like Skyrim and I don't want it in a TR game.

After playing all 3 games in reboot i can easily say easiest plat is the Shadow and its also the weakest game. Im close to getting Rise plat as well but the score attacks are so boring i gave a break. Shadow plat is insanely simple, just play on hardest, collect everything and do some combat trophies and you get the plat. 

• Like 1

On 25.1.2021 at 11:48 AM, OnuR10Ly said:

After playing all 3 games in reboot i can easily say easiest plat is the Shadow and its also the weakest game. Im close to getting Rise plat as well but the score attacks are so boring i gave a break. Shadow plat is insanely simple, just play on hardest, collect everything and do some combat trophies and you get the plat. 

agreed, it's really the worst of all. Rise of the Tomb Raider was such a blast especially the survival coop dlc i loved it a lot. The controls in Shadow were so bonkers but the worst part is the story. It literally makes no sense at all. If you really follow the story you find like 20 or more plot holes haha. Don't know what happened here but I can't recommend this game to anyone. but I totally recommend the first two they are simply amazing. 

• Like 1

On 2021-01-25 at 2:20 AM, Trini said:

Who said it wasn't already a thing 1f60f.png

I’ll have to do some.. erm.... “research” and get back to you on that.

2 hours ago, DavySuicide said:

agreed, it's really the worst of all. Rise of the Tomb Raider was such a blast especially the survival coop dlc i loved it a lot.

I usually can’t stand multiplayer trophies, but I agree that the Endurance mode (especially co-op) was one of the biggest surprises of Rise of the Tomb Raider. The survival style mode was a lot more fun than I expected, and I played through the co-op portions with a random from this site and we had a blast doing it. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

After beating Rise, I literally have no idea why people would prefer the first one. I was literally better in every way except maybe story, and even then the first game's story was dumb as hell. Def an improvement after 2013. Looking forward to Shadow after I plat Rise

On 10/23/2019 at 6:02 AM, totallycrushed said:

Loved reboot. Hated Rise for the model change and dumb as shit jesus story. Score attack is infuriating and the card system is the dumbest buff & debuff bullshit.

decided that I wouldn’t get Shadow and I didn’t but saw a relative playing it.

a fuckton of climbing and those tight spaces OP mentioned and my own gripes were seeing the same potato Lara from Rise and seeing an ingame dialogue cutscene where the NPC emotes more than Lara. She had dead glass eyes and no eyebrow movement while this old ass villager was modeled really well.

feelsbadman

lmao the model change was for the better. 2013 looked horrible and the story in 2013 was just as dumb as rise

On 10/23/2019 at 11:13 AM, MosesRockefeller said:

I guess I'm in the minority, but when I finally tried TR reboot I hated it and shelved it after about an hour of gameplay. If Shadow is the lowpoint in the reboot trilogy, I'm glad I didn't stick with it.

Rise is better, give it a try

On 1/5/2021 at 8:21 PM, SecondGenesis said:

For me, that goes to Rise

so far, that is 2013

Edited by NOWITSREYNTIME17

Personally,  can't remember the first one.  Played on the ps3. Can't have been too bad though.  

Currently playing rise and I'm loving it,  story was a bit like ok....... and I normally hate collectibles with open worldish gameplay but I'm really enjoying it.  

Shadow is in my backlog. Probably will play something in between though but am looking forward to it.  

Shadow plat definitely is the easiest looking at the lists, however the game is not as fun as the previous ones, mainly the climbing section, I swear Lara doesn't go to the right direction sometimes or the wall is indistinguishable and you have no idea where to go.

Edited by Ninjise

On 2021-02-15 at 6:59 PM, G4Knight said:

Reading these comments further have my mind at ease that I never invested time and effort into this reboot. Queen Lara’s character and journey wrapped during Underworld.

reading 10 bad reviews doesn’t mean it’s bad, it simply means 10 people didn’t like it. 

For me, I loved the trilogy. It didn’t amazed me like uncharted or far cry, but could enjoy it still.

Edited by bunshing
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, bunshing said:

reading 10 bad reviews doesn’t mean it’s bad, it simply means 10 people didn’t like it. 

For me, I loved the trilogy. It didn’t amazed me like uncharted or far cry, but could enjoy it still.

I trust it’s not a bad game, I’m sure it’s quite competent. I’m saying the specific negatives people are providing, mostly on the changes to Lara herself, are why I know this series would do nothing for me. I’m voting with my wallet here.