Any good?

MMDE

This is a puzzle platformer, but not much of any puzzles. There's a couple of levels where you may need to think for some few seconds, max 3 seconds or something, except for last level where one puzzle took me some few mins. So don't get this for the puzzle part. It's mostly about the platforming. There's 35 rather small levels you gotta make your way through. There's just basic obstacles and platforms to jump on and spikes to avoid etc. There's some precise timing etc, but it's very easy. Many of the levels require you to get from start to finish without dying, while others have like a checkpoint halfway through. I never felt the checkpoint stuff was much of an issue.

The main problem with the game is that the platforming isn't all that fun. It's all about the double jumping, and the double jumping is horrible. You basically gotta tap twice quickly to get the best double jump, and will feel rather counter intuitive for most of your play time. Game only takes like 1-3 hours. The second problem is the physics engine, which hasn't been used properly I think, or need a lot of tweaking at the very least. This results in the game behaving strangely quite often. Some hit boxes aren't properly fit with the sprites etc either. There's frame rate issues from time to time. All the things you don't wanna see in your platformer. But it doesn't really matter, as the game is quite easy.

The game has some decent mood, even if it's all over the place in terms of design and some of the sprites.

I wasn't directly bored playing the game, but I wasn't all that into it either.

Well... if you get it for 1USD or something, it's not an awful offer. It doesn't max the trophy count for a PSN game, but is only a couple of bronze trophies off.

Edited by MMDE

• 2 years later...