Modern Warfare Trophy Thoughts?

I like this list. It always bug me with COD with the multiplayer trophies in past games because I rush like mad to get those done, then never go back to the game until later; by then the multiplayer is completely broken (COD BOII) or there's no one doing the DLC trophies (almost all of them). 

So I can get this game much later than launch and focus on the campaign without worrying about multiplayer trophies. 

• Like 1

Personally relieved that the list is single player focused. To me that just means less pointless grinding in MP and more focus on how you complete scenarios in the campaign. I think I am one of the few that actively enjoys the campaign from these games more than the MP. Perfect list for me.

Edited by GameMatter

1 hour ago, ICavv said:

Games not even out yet and somebody had already earned platinum over night. That tells you the difficulty right there... https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/9853-call-of-duty-modern-warfare/RamiALJ

Yes, Call of Duty is now the same as a Ratalaika Game. That happens when there are no Multiplayertrophies in a MULTIPLAYERGAME. Shame on you, Activision. Next time do 6 Stacks.

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NCSFan001 said:

Spec ops most likely wasn’t included in the main list since it is a ps exclusive for a year, would’ve made it impossible to get any equivalent of a platinum on Xbox and pc unless their list was different to begin with 

only the survival mode is exclusive, the spec ops missions can be played in any platform,

2 minutes ago, panikooooos said:

Everything is being dumbed down to appeal to the masses. The trophy whores want easy plats, that's what you're going to get from now on. And I say this as someone who hates online trophies.

Both ok, i collect much short platinums, also hard ones. But in the centre are always good games(at the first sight) :D 
Personally im no friend of online trophys, too much space for strange people ^^
The Point is there are too many Ratalaika stacks at the moment.
Trophy Hunting means nothing for people who plays only hard one. I can understand that its very frustrating.

BUT, we are here in a trophy community, and everytime i saw an easy platinum, or a special hard one every second post ist about jelling trophies.

14 minutes ago, panikooooos said:

Everything is being dumbed down to appeal to the masses. The trophy whores want easy plats, that's what you're going to get from now on. And I say this as someone who hates online trophies.

I mean this looks like a 20-25ish hour platinum with a 4 or 5/10 difficulty depending on how difficult realism difficulty is will probably settle around 25% rarity.  Seems like a very reasonable list to me, even if it is a departure from the usual CoD lists.

7 minutes ago, Together_Comic said:

I mean this looks like a 20-25ish hour platinum with a 4 or 5/10 difficulty depending on how difficult realism difficulty is will probably settle around 25% rarity.  Seems like a very reasonable list to me, even if it is a departure from the usual CoD lists.

Yeah if you examine it as an individual case it doesn't seem that bad but if you look at the trend of ps4 trophy lists it's clear that the plan is to make plats easier and easier as seen more clearly in this post

On 9/28/2019 at 3:20 PM, Spinosaurus Rex said:

This is actually easy to check: Trophies -> Type (Platinum) -> Rarity (Common) -> Platform (PS4). The number of listed games is over bar with filters. BTW it has increased by 10 last time I've checked, now there's 651 platinum with 50%+ rarity on PS4. It's an unstoppable snowball.

For those who are curious, I've made a small table with rarity spread on both platforms:

PS3 % of platinums (PS3) PS4 % of platinums (PS4)
Unobtainable/No achievers yet (0%) 2 0,12% 224 6,55%
Ultra Rare (0.01-5%) 623 38,39% 883 25,80%
Very Rare (5-10%) 323 19,90% 516 15,08%
Rare (10%-20%) 347 21,38% 507 14,82%
Uncommon (20-50%) 229 14,11% 641 18,73%
Common (50%-100%) 99 6,10% 651 19,02%

I could make it more readable, but the point here is to show the comparison of percentage of games on both platforms which have a certain platinum rarity. It's clearly visible UR, VR and Rare platinums were more common on PS3, whereas Uncommon and Common are more prominent on PS4 (in Common platinum case, even 3x more).

And to be fair, UR count on PS4 should be quite a bit lower because of many unobtainable games (like Dragon Fin Soup) which has been hacked and rarity hasn't been adjusted correctly to 0%, but I didn't mark them as unobtainable because of my laziness.

• Like 1

For me, the problem is it's littered with Gold trophies due to it only having 28 trophies, when they could easily have assigned 22 other trophies to Spec Ops. 

Not to mention the game icon itself is bloody pixelated. 

Edited by willmill97
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, panikooooos said:

PS3 % of platinums (PS3) PS4 % of platinums (PS4)
Unobtainable/Noachieversyet(0%)   2 0,12% 224 6,55%
Ultra Rare (0.01-5%) 623 38,39% 883 25,80%
Very Rare (5-10%) 323 19,90% 516 15,08%
Rare (10%-20%) 347 21,38% 507 14,82%
Uncommon (20-50%) 229 14,11% 641 18,73%
Common (50%-100%) 99 6,10% 651 19,02%

That data is actually very interesting.  I am super willing to be wrong here (I'm not really willing to run the Chi Squared or P Calculations because its time consuming and I'm lazy) but it looks to me that the PS3 and PS4 aren't statistically different until you hit the commons.  I think that its likely that with the advent of the Indie market that there is an influx of "easy platinums" at that end of the spectrum.  A skew if you will where there is a large amount of easy plat games that didn't exist in the PS3 error that effect the data.  That may be your point, but I don't think it points to games getting easier in general, just more easy games being added to the market. 

Edited by Together_Comic
  • Like 2

Looks like your typical CoD list with trophies varying across multiple difficulties (preventing it from being precisely easy or a cakewalk) and without some of the more padding trophies. No online trophies is great subjectively, but objectively it doesn't make too much sense. Fortunately there's a Spec Ops. related trophy, but its grade should be higher. Just about every trophy tasking you to find all or complete all of something should be a silver or higher.

13 minutes ago, Together_Comic said:

That data is actually very interesting.  I am super willing to be wrong here (I'm not really willing to run the Chi Squared or P Calculations because its time consuming and I'm lazy) but it looks to me that the PS3 and PS4 aren't statistically different until you hit the commons.  I think that its likely that with the advent of the Indie market that there is an influx of "easy platinums" at that end of the spectrum.  A skew if you will where there is a large amount of easy plat games that didn't exist in the PS3 error that effect the data.  That may be your point, but I don't think it points to games getting easier in general, just more easy games being added to the market. 

Yeah, this is just a small observation, doesn't prove anything but combined with things like the trend of companies making difficulty related trophies dlc, majority of AAA titles getting 30%+ rarity plats, trophy hunting going mainstream and now this, I think I could make a good case for my argument :popcorn: