Modern Warfare Trophy Thoughts?

1 hour ago, PhantomFear94 said:

That's really annoying then. I'm finding a bunch of information saying something to the contrary, that Operation and Missions within Spec Ops are separate. (particular quote below is from The Sixth Axis, seen something similar from IGN and GamesRadar too). 

"There will be four Operations available at launch with more added in post-launch content. Missions are the other way to play experience Spec Ops mode and these can be tackled alone or with up to four players, and are the classic approach with star ratings, specific loadouts for each mission, and only certain ways to approach an objective. "

The trophy/mission says "Complete all Special Ops missions", which gave me hope that those wouldn't be required. Damn. 

UPDATE: Pretty sure this is the case after all. There is an interim thread on TA  whilst someone works on the site walkthrough, and they said this.

"It seems like the Spec ops missions aren’t available yet for some reason. There were supposed to be spec ops missions like they existed previously where you do the mission and get a star ranking which yes you would be able to do solo or with a group. However, that’s not in the game to choose in private or public. For public you are allowed to play the Spec Ops Operations which are like a longer mission in a bigger open world with infinite re-spawning enemies while you do the objectives. That’s why nobody has the achievement because even after doing them all it doesn’t matter as they are Operations and not the Spec Ops Missions you need for the achievement. And there’s been no word on why these Missions aren’t here at launch."

It would also make sense why no-one has it yet, and surely a bunch of people must have done the 4 operations by now. It's the MISSIONS you need.

1 hour ago, PhantomFear94 said:

UPDATE: Pretty sure this is the case after all. There is an interim thread on TA  whilst someone works on the site walkthrough, and they said this.

"It seems like the Spec ops missions aren’t available yet for some reason. There were supposed to be spec ops missions like they existed previously where you do the mission and get a star ranking which yes you would be able to do solo or with a group. However, that’s not in the game to choose in private or public. For public you are allowed to play the Spec Ops Operations which are like a longer mission in a bigger open world with infinite re-spawning enemies while you do the objectives. That’s why nobody has the achievement because even after doing them all it doesn’t matter as they are Operations and not the Spec Ops Missions you need for the achievement. And there’s been no word on why these Missions aren’t here at launch."

It would also make sense why no-one has it yet, and surely a bunch of people must have done the 4 operations by now. It's the MISSIONS you need.

I really have no idea but when my game installed I had like 4 or 5 pop up notifications that spec op add on was ready for use.  I also think that if everything was available somebody would be finished. 

On 10/26/2019 at 1:15 PM, Dragonslayer_023 said:

Seems like restarting checkpoint doesn't work for Clean House. Could be annoying.

This isn't true, I went back to checkpoints a few times. Be sure the enemy has become a target before killing them. For example, if you shoot someone before they point a gun at you (like in the hostage situation), that voids the trophy. The woman in the attic, if you shoot her before Price says 'drop her', that also voids the trophy. You also need to kill her before Price does.

19 hours ago, Nightowljrm said:

This isn't true, I went back to checkpoints a few times. Be sure the enemy has become a target before killing them. For example, if you shoot someone before they point a gun at you (like in the hostage situation), that voids the trophy. The woman in the attic, if you shoot her before Price says 'drop her', that also voids the trophy. You also need to kill her before Price does.

Same as above. I kept messing up the 1st floor, reloaded 2-3 times, got it first try.

On 31/10/2019 at 6:09 PM, Alihsan621 said:

This Platinum has some speedrun potential. I can see this beeing completed in under 10 hours.

Edit: some1 even did it in 8,5 hours. I'm wondering if anybody can top this 

8.5h is nothing tbh, I did it in 7 hours 46 minutes and I watched every cutscenes, I didn't rush any part and I wasted a lot of time in some missions because I did most of the trophies on veteran. If you know what to do you can easily platine the game under 5 hours. Maybe even under 4. The campaign is awesome and I loved every bit of it but it's still very short. 

• 7 months later...
On 10/25/2019 at 2:42 AM, scemopagliaccioh said:

Fascinating. This could be the first COD's platinum to be Uncommon here, I could wager it could even reach 37%.

37%?  Just a wee bit off.  Currently sitting at 14.5%.

A lot of fun.  Easily surpassed my wildest expectations.  The campaign was very enjoyable.

10 hours ago, djb5f said:

37%?  Just a wee bit off.  Currently sitting at 14.5%.

A lot of fun.  Easily surpassed my wildest expectations.  The campaign was very enjoyable.

It's indeed a bit strange,  I remember it being around 22% when I made that post, could it be  the free Warzone mucking up the %age? Either way, it's strange 

• 1 month later...