Alternate Vigilante Level 12. Newer method. PS3/PS4

Credit goes to ProfBambam55 over at https://www.playstationtrophies.org/ .

Originally Posted by ProfBambam55 View Post
just a quick tip for people who are feeling lazy about the vigilante missions and not wanting to go too far out of their way to get them done...there was a glitch on the ps2 version which has remained unpatched for the ps3 version...i tested it out today and it works just fine...the ideal situation is once you've unlocked san fierro...grab a police car and head to the pizza parlor in the north part of downtown...activate vigilante with R3 and enter the pizza shop...walk around for about 30 seconds...exit the shop and get in the police cruiser for a couple seconds...exit the cop car, head back into the pizza parlor and repeat the process...what happens is that the criminals spawn downtown where they usually get killed by the AI cops for you...you don't need to waste any ammo/health/armor, worry about destroying your vehicle, avoid getting chased by cops and building up a wanted level, or go out of your way to get a tank/heli/jet with this strategy...i was able to get to level 20 with over 10 minutes to spare on the clock when i was testing this out earlier...some people said in the past that this works only with the car and not the police bike, but I have also heard that the bike works...was too lazy to test it out earlier...would recommend using the car just to be on the safe side...hope this helps some of you...

It may take a few tries.

Edited by Winds-of-Neptune
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, lucky0ne16 said:

Interesting wish I knew about this. I used the hunter help to go after them 

I got it to level 5 so far. It seems to be hit n miss. Maybe some luck involved. I just found out about this so maybe I posted to early but it seems to have worked for some so far.  Gonna keep trying and get back to this thread.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, totallycrushed said:

Sound like the Hunter is much less of an hassle though.

You can do Speedrun strats at LS with it or what I did was I flew around The Desert Highway from the bridge to LV and most of the time the enemies spawned on the Highway or some small roads around it.

It took me like 5 minutes using the hunter to get to level 12. It's also the best way for the kill trophy also. Just getting the gold is the hard part at flight school but worth it 

• Like 2

Well that sounds more fun than standing around a pizza shop. Hunter method it is.  I'll go with that.. thanks troops! ??

1 hour ago, lucky0ne16 said:

It took me like 5 minutes using the hunter to get to level 12. It's also the best way for the kill trophy also. Just getting the gold is the hard part at flight school but worth it 

8 hours ago, Winds-of-Neptune said:

Well that sounds more fun than standing around a pizza shop. Hunter method it is.  I'll go with that.. thanks troops! 1f642.png1f44d.png

No problem. Just go to the flight school and see if u have the gold medals they are not really that hard

• Like 1

Another similar method as per what I originally posted:

In San Fierro. Go to the Cluckin Bell where there is a Ammunation shop with a cop car.

Trigger Vigilante mode by pressing R3, get out of the car and enter the Cluckin Bell. Go out and if threat is not eliminated enter the car, and go back in Cluckin Bell.

Do this till you clear 12 levels of Vigilante.

EDIT:

The Cluckin Bell in San Fierro worked the first time for me....  however, what I think you need to make this work is just to keep entering and exiting Cluckin Bell quickly.. No need to wait around.  I tried waiting around 4 times... then I just kept going in and out quickly and it worked first time.

Here a vid from level 6 on up:

• Like 1