Todd Howard wants $99.99 a year from you

DEI2EK

“Our initial investigation indicated that this was a display issue, and that no items had gone missing,” a Bethesda representative told Polygon. “However, we have since found that a small number of players have in fact experienced a loss of scrap items after placing them into the Scrap Box and then loading into a world.

“Resolving this issue is currently our top priority,” the representative said. “We are also exploring ways to restore the missing items.” Developers are trying to come up with a hotfix to resolve the issue ASAP.

> Release game in broken state with forced gameplay problems.

> Offer subscription to fix forced gameplay problems.

> Release minimal amount of code to release the subscription service.

> Releases broken.

> "We didn't mess up, you messed up! It's just a UI issue"

> Actually messed up. Not UI issue.

> "This is our TOP priority! We knew it from the start!"

Maybe we should become game devs. Apparently you don't even have to release a fully tested, working game. Just offer monetary services to fix problems you created. Sounds good to me. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, SanctifiedSword said:

“Our initial investigation indicated that this was a display issue, and that no items had gone missing,” a Bethesda representative told Polygon. “However, we have since found that a small number of players have in fact experienced a loss of scrap items after placing them into the Scrap Box and then loading into a world.

“Resolving this issue is currently our top priority,” the representative said. “We are also exploring ways to restore the missing items.” Developers are trying to come up with a hotfix to resolve the issue ASAP.

> Releases broken.

Maybe we should become game devs. Apparently you don't even have to release a fully tested, working game. Just offer monetary services to fix problems you created. Sounds good to me. 

I'm surprised they aren't blaming people internet connection, that's what Ubisoft used to say to me when I came to them with any and every issue I had.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

This is a right joke lmfao

And I thought Amiibos were bad

Hey, at least Amibos are in a pyshycal state (stay with you until you destroy/lose them), Nintendo doesn't mill you any further with them except when purchasing them and i don't think any videogame where you can use the Amibos to play is as bugged, glitched and in a disastrous state as Fallout 76. If the "Fallout 76" scandals scale, this case can be compared with the E.T game fiasco on the Atari system.

Edited by Vampirehunter145

1 hour ago, Vampirehunter145 said:

Hey, at least Amibos are in a pyshycal state (stay with you until you destroy/lose them), Nintendo doesn't mill you any further with them except when purchasing them and i don't think any videogame where you can use the Amibos to play is as bugged, glitched and in a disastrous state as Fallout 76. If the "Fallout 76" scandals scale, this case can be compared with the E.T game fiasco on the Atari system.

I know a lot of players like Amiibos, by for me a Nintendo figure has no value whatsoever, I see Amiibos as a bit of a cash grab for them.

Maybe if they added more content to the Amiibo or made them a bit cheaper, I may have a different view, but for the time being, I just see them as bad Microtransactions. Like I say though, I can understand that there is a market for them

This Fallout sub on the other hand, its so funny that they think some would want this, I mean I can get PS Now for half of this.

You would think that its the best game in history to warrant that sub. Hope other Devs learn from this lol

I cant remember E.T on atari, I only ever played Mousetrap on it and Tanks, those were the days ;)

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

Bethesda couldn't have picked a worse time to roll out this mess. Another Obsidian game in the Fallout universe is what just about everybody wanted from the announcement that shat out Fallout 76 and then two days after "Fallout First", Outer Worlds releases. 

• Like 1

On 10/26/2019 at 1:00 AM, SanctifiedSword said:

> Releases broken.

then go be a dev

On 10/26/2019 at 4:28 AM, Vampirehunter145 said:

this case can be compared with the E.T game fiasco on the Atari system.

It's funny, but Fallout 76 and E.T. have very similar sales numbers. Imagine how many kids are gonna get straight up annihilated by their parents this Christmas when they open up a fresh copy of Fallout 76.

35 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

It's a good game. It was good at release and it's only gotten better (except for apparently a recent bug that caused some people to lose items, but I haven't played for a while so I don't know much about that). If you like Fallout 3, New Vegas, or 4 then you'll probably like this game, although it plays a bit differently than single player Fallouts due to be always online (in my experience, in 76 melee build has far outclassed using guns due to VATs not being very useful once enemies get close).

As for the new subscription, that's something that people on Bethesda's forums have been asking for since before the game launched. They've literally been saying there that they want to pay a subscription to host private servers, and this is Bethesda giving the fans exactly what they wanted (plus apparently throwing in some extras). However it's become the "cool thing" to hate on Bethesda and Fallout 76 as if it were Activision/COD, so that's what people are doing.

I'm curious, where in the internet does it say that the fans have actually asked for this massively expensive feature? Hmm

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XLordXNightmareX said:

I'm curious, where in the internet does it say that the fans have actually asked for this massively expensive feature? Hmm

Here you go. A thread from July 2018 where people are discussing how much they think private servers will cost. In the end it turns out Bethesda delivered for cheaper than what most people were predicting here/what they pay for other games' private servers.

https://bethesda.net/community/topic/220017/how-much-would-private-server-fee-likely-be-for-a-bethesda-hosted-private-server-what-prices-do-you-expect?language[]=en

• Like 2

I remember when Bethesda won Developer of the Year for Skyrim and I was one of the only people saying "can't we give this award to a company that doesn't release completely broken games. It is like giving Best Picture to a movie where the boom mic is showing and the actors keep forgetting their lines"

Now look...everyone is piling on Bethesda because the "charm" of their broken fucking games is wearing off.

And listen, I have played FO3, New Vegas and Skyrim....all of them were fun but broken...and I played them well after that shit should have been fixed.

Also people kept going on about "how big their games are", well if a chef makes the the biggest cake ever but forgets to cook it...it is still a shitty cake.

Bethesda rant over :P

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 2

On 11/4/2019 at 6:06 PM, Dr_Mayus said:

I remember when Bethesda won Developer of the Year for Skyrim and I was one of the only people saying "can't we give this award to a company that doesn't release completely broken games. It is like giving Best Picture to a movie where the boom mic is showing and the actors keep forgetting their lines"

Now look...everyone is piling on Bethesda because the "charm" of their broken fucking games is wearing off.

And listen, I have played FO3, New Vegas and Skyrim....all of them were fun but broken...and I played them well after that shit should have been fixed.

Also people kept going on about "how big their games are", well if a chef makes the the biggest cake ever but forgets to cook it...it is still a shitty cake.

Bethesda rant over :P

I never saw the big appeal of Skyrim. I played it on the 360, never got around to finishing the game. Wouldn't rate it any higher than a 6 or 7 out of 10. The Last of Us, a PS3 and PS4 exclusive, was much more deserving of 9 and 10 out of 10 scores, because the execution was much better.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and Red Dead Redemption 2 (even the first Red Dead Redemption for that matter) both make Bethesda's open world games rather lame in comparison. They worked because back in 2010 - 2012 it was considered very bad among the Bethesda fans and fanboys to speak of anything awful against their games.

Nowadays people have grabbed their pitchforks and are riding the hate bandwagon.

Funny how times change...

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Spaz said:

I never saw the big appeal of Skyrim. I played it on the 360, never got around to finishing the game. Wouldn't rate it any higher than a 6 or 7 out of 10. The Last of Us, a PS3 and PS4 exclusive, was much more deserving of 9 and 10 out of 10 scores, because the execution was much better.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and Red Dead Redemption 2 (even the first Red Dead Redemption for that matter) both make Bethesda's open world games rather lame in comparison. They worked because back in 2010 - 2012 it was considered very bad among the Bethesda fans and fanboys to speak of anything awful against their games.

Nowadays people have grabbed their pitchforks and are riding the hate bandwagon.

Funny how times change...

It is just people not knowing how to rationalize things. There are a lot of people who assume you cant like something and criticize it at the same time. I mean i have been told i wasnt a real fan pf a lot of properties because i dared to find faults.

It is why fanboys lose their shit when games like Zelda get an 8 out of 10

I mean fuck things I like actually getting better...it must always stay because changing anything would be admitting fault.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

It is just people not knowing how to rationalize things. There are a lot of people who assume you cant like something and criticize it at the same time. I mean i have been told i wasnt a real fan pf a lot of properties because i dared to find faults.

It is why fanboys lose their shit when games like Zelda get an 8 out of 10

I mean fuck things I like actually getting better...it must always stay because changing anything would be admitting fault.

I had this happen in the past when I said I didn’t like Pokémon games or the franchise. Pretty much obvious my generation grew up on that stuff, and while I played Red Blue and Yellow back in the day, watched the 90s era anime show, and collected some cards, I still wasn’t a huge fan. 

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is definitely in my top 5 games of all time. Loved that game to death, spent countless hours on it, but I’m also not a blind fanboy. Always irks me when fans freak out on lower than ideal scores, they assume the person reviewing doesn’t like the games. Which is frankly bullshit.

• 1 month later...

I went back to play Fallout 76 after playing Fallout 4 again and I meet a few friends and the game is a lot better and fun if you have some friends to play with. I have 2600 atoms saved up and there are some things I wanted to buy. I was going to buy 1000 more atoms for $10 but I was thinking I should get 1 month of Fallout 1st since you get an outfit and 1600 atoms. That costs $13 so it looks like a better deal? 

And I can get a lot of scrap saved up before the 1 month is over.

On 12/31/2019 at 11:39 AM, SuzyRed said:

I went back to play Fallout 76 after playing Fallout 4 again and I meet a few friends and the game is a lot better and fun if you have some friends to play with. I have 2600 atoms saved up and there are some things I wanted to buy. I was going to buy 1000 more atoms for $10 but I was thinking I should get 1 month of Fallout 1st since you get an outfit and 1600 atoms. That costs $13 so it looks like a better deal? 

And I can get a lot of scrap saved up before the 1 month is over.

Yeah, if you are going to buy Atoms it is smarter to get first instead. You get more atoms and a bunch of added stuff for 3 more dollars. 

• Like 1