Terarded

Trophy thoughts?

60 posts in this topic

Not a huge fan of difficulty trophies, but still gonna play the game. I'm also not one for multiple playthroughs but might run through on hard first and then aim to do another on Supernova. Overall still looking forwards to the game

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.powerpyx.com/the-outer-worlds-trophy-guide-roadmap/

 

If anyone figures out Mightier than the Sword, The Cartographer, and Sunburn before I do and they could post how they got them that would be great. ūüĎĆ

 

Mightier than the Sword and Sunburn I think I know how to do, but not Cartographer. 

 

Figured out Cartographer, just need to progress more to where I believe the other two are done. 

 

All misc figured out now. Just need to finish on Supernova. 

Edited by Gage
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wanted to plat this one but then... Game Pass happened. Seeing the difficulty related trophies now makes me happy I'll be playing this on PC without stressing over the Supernova difficulty.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

an awful list. difficulty trophies, missables out the ass, 1 gold and undervalued bronzes. will be getting this, but won't give the trophies a thought.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, NarcissusBaz said:

Wanted to plat this one but then... Game Pass happened. Seeing the difficulty related trophies now makes me happy I'll be playing this on PC without stressing over the Supernova difficulty.

 

I have Gamepass from an impulse purchase when it was on sale last year but I am still tempted to get Outer Worlds on PS4 because this would be a nice Platinum to have on my profile, perhaps even as my 100th. Yes, I might have a problem. 

Edited by Killbomb
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Gage said:

http://www.powerpyx.com/the-outer-worlds-trophy-guide-roadmap/

 

If anyone figures out Mightier than the Sword, The Cartographer, and Sunburn before I do and they could post how they got them that would be great. ūüĎĆ

 

Mightier than the Sword and Sunburn I think I know how to do, but not Cartographer. 

 

Figured out Cartographer, just need to progress more to where I believe the other two are done. 

 

All misc figured out now. Just need to finish on Supernova. 

Does it get easier later on, in Supernova? I figured it was going to be one of those 'starts hard, ends easy' difficulties.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KaKrackle said:

There’s always one....

I'm sorry, did I say something egregious here? This is a trophy thoughts thread... I posted my thoughts. Lmao. It's not like I'm not gonna get or enjoy the game because I don't like the trophies.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alos88 said:

Does it get easier later on, in Supernova? I figured it was going to be one of those 'starts hard, ends easy' difficulties.

 

For the most part yes. First area is rough until you get some guns, especially something longer range. After you do you can do basically everything in the first area fairly easily, then second area you start getting into a lot of quests you can do without fighting. Biggest issue after that will be making sure to properly set yourself up to talk through the final boss instead of having to fight it yourself. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gage said:

 

For the most part yes. First area is rough until you get some guns, especially something longer range. After you do you can do basically everything in the first area fairly easily, then second area you start getting into a lot of quests you can do without fighting. Biggest issue after that will be making sure to properly set yourself up to talk through the final boss instead of having to fight it yourself. 

So can you pretty much talk your way out of all boss fights and most combat? Or are there a few mandatory combat sections. Does the game enable min/maxing?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, majob said:

So can you pretty much talk your way out of all boss fights and most combat? Or are there a few mandatory combat sections. Does the game enable min/maxing?

 

Stat setup is basically designed around min/maxing based on your skill build. Most of the game there's ways you can get around without direct combat or by using stealth. There's only the one actual boss fight and you only have to do it if you can't talk your way out of it at the end. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The harder they fall, really? how cliche¬†ūüôĄ¬†Feels like a 2 playthrough kind of game though with the 2nd being a speedrun with cheese builds.

 

Supernova should have been the plat name.

Edited by xh117
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Earned the plat now. The hardest part of Supernova is honestly the very start. Once you get guns in Emerald Vale you can clear it all out much easier, then when you head to other places you get many more opportunities to complete quests without any combat. Near the end of the game too you can get a disguise and get through most areas without much stress, even the final area of the game you can just sprint through with a disguise, then talk your way out of the final boss. 

 

Missables aren't that bad, as there's only actually 2 that are mutually exclusive to the point you need to do them in separate playthroughs. Everything else you can do in one go as long as you choose to start with low Int and then play both sides of the main factions at the same time up until you're actually forced to make a choice one way or the other at the end of the game. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn this trophies are so broken for me. Never got the elementar kills, upgrade with mods & 300 healing. I play with the physical version. After my 5th Playtrough I gave up. 

Edited by Mr_Pound_of_Life
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mr_Pound_of_Life said:

Damn this trophies are so broken for me. Never got the elementar kills, upgrade with mods & 300 healing. I play with the physical version. After my 5th Playtrough I gave up. 

for elemental maelstrom

Spoiler

use the science hammer and wail on a sturdy monster (with or without help from your companion) it cycles through all elemental damage.

if however you meant Patient N,

Spoiler

after Phineas gets taken to tartarus check his sleeping area for a rifle that fires N-ray bullets (Phin's Phorce). head to emerald vale and kill enemies with it, trophy will pop

 

upgrade with mods,

Spoiler

temporarily get science to 100 and just spam level up all the science weapons since they cap at 200 per tinker at level 100 science

 

300 healing. by the time i beat the game on supernova i had 160+ adreno left so i just used it constantly till trophy popped. the vending machine perk will help with buying more adreno

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Subseven07 said:

Do the enemies respawn to farm some trophies?

 

You generally have to leave to a different planet to have them respawn as far as I figured. If you stay on the same planet they won't respawn. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2019 at 9:03 AM, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

I'm sorry, did I say something egregious here? This is a trophy thoughts thread... I posted my thoughts. Lmao. It's not like I'm not gonna get or enjoy the game because I don't like the trophies.

Couldn't agree with you more.  Currently playing and loving this game, but the trophy list is terrible.  Not as bad as say Red Dead Redemption 2 or The Witcher 3, but having the trophies in mind when you play this game will most likely negatively impact your experience.  Supernova difficulty, lots of grinding combat trophies, and multiple highly missable story trophies.  Doing this on only 1-2 playthroughs basically requires tedious save scumming and spoiling major plot points along the way.  I'm not 100% sure yet, but I'm worried the Edgewater story trophies that a mutually-exclusive can BOTH actually be missed, meaning an entire extra run of the majority of the story.   

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Narniak said:

I'm not 100% sure yet, but I'm worried the Edgewater story trophies that a mutually-exclusive can BOTH actually be missed, meaning an entire extra run of the majority of the story.  

I am 1000% sure they are. My friend played blindly and his list looks like this at the end. If you are not playing the Board part of story than you won't get either one. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

I am 1000% sure they are. My friend played blindly and his list looks like this at the end. If you are not playing the Board part of story than you won't get either one. 

Yup, that's what a I thought.  FUBAR  Completely horrendous trophy design, punishing players who simply want to do their first playthrough blind.  So basically a huge portion of the players will not be able to get EITHER trophy on their first run, because they chose to put the "wrong" person in charge of the very first town, and won't know they're screwed until the very end of the game.     

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Narniak said:

because they chose to put the "wrong" person in charge of the very first town,

You can't put a "wrong" person in charge of town. Or can you? It's just a matter of whether you work with the Board or not. It doesn't matter if you will double-cross them in the end or not. You'll get either of trophies. But most people won't even try, because it seems that you can do Board quests only by turning Phineas in. 

And if you actully can screw up even the choice in Edgewater itself than its even more confusing.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Akrioz said:

You can't put a "wrong" person in charge of town. Or can you? It's just a matter of whether you work with the Board or not. It doesn't matter if you will double-cross them in the end or not. You'll get either of trophies. But most people won't even try, because it seems that you can do Board quests only by turning Phineas in. 

And if you actully can screw up even the choice in Edgewater itself than its even more confusing.

I'm not done with the main story yet, but either way it looks like I'm going to be screwed because I've gone against the Board.  Basically it sounds like if you don't side with the Board on your first playthrough (not sure what is the point of no return is), then you are blocked out of BOTH trophies concerning the fate of Edgewater.  I don't know whether it matters who is in charge of Edgewater, but if any decisions that early in the game can completely screw up the trophies, then that is unforgivable poor design.  So I'm locked out of both trophies and forced to make 2 additional playthroughs, simply because I didn't backstab Phineas and turn him into the Board early on in the game? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Narniak said:

because I didn't backstab Phineas and turn him into the Board early on in the game? 

Spoiler

You have a choice either to backstab him or just tell him that you are with the Board(deceive them with Phineas help), and then you can play as double agent until the very end. 

But yeah, you won't get any because they are both Board related. They either commend you on your actions and give you a trophy, or they will send you on a additional quest and give a trophy after.

Edited by Akrioz
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.