What’s this?

arcanehornet_

Blacksad is a super popular graphic novel series published in France. Think of a detective story set in 50's America, but all the characters are humanoid shaped animals with the female characters looking a little more humanoid than animal. This game literally popped up out of nowhere for me when i saw a tweet from the artist about it. I'm not sure about the game quality, but I can definitely vouch for the graphic novels, even if you just go in for the art, which is lovely.

I'm not sure how physical copy distribution will work with this one outside of France as it's all being produced in-house over there. I'm guessing we'll have better luck with a digital purchase.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

I'm not sure how physical copy distribution will work with this one outside of France as it's all being produced in-house over there. I'm guessing we'll have better luck with a digital purchase.

The comic is Spanish (it was published first in France though) and the developer is Spanish as well (Pendulo Studios). We're getting an standard and collector editions here the 5th of November.

I'm pretty hyped with this one myself. It's a great comic and great developer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rodrister said:

The comic is Spanish (it was published first in France though) and the developer is Spanish as well (Pendulo Studios). We're getting an standard and collector editions here the 5th of November.

I'm pretty hyped with this one myself. It's a great comic and great developer.

Oh I never knew about the Spanish part! nice! I'm definitely hyped for it too :) I haven't heard of the developer before, but after what you said, it seems like the game is in good hands

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Oh I never knew about the Spanish part! nice! I'm definitely hyped for it too :) I haven't heard of the developer before, but after what you said, it seems like the game is in good hands

If you're into classic adventures, I recommend you the Runaway trilogy. Maybe I'm biased but I think they are great developers.

• Like 1