Post-Patch Orb Glitch

Sebulba2000

Hey everyone, just wanted to make this topic to share the best method for the orbs post-patch. So, when you fly using the debug mode (R2+L2), the game won't restart the mission and the orb won't disappear, even if you select "restart mission" from the menu.

So what I suggest you to do is just go to the fly mode when the orb mission starts and then restart. The timer will disappear, but the orb won't. Just fly to it and you can be as slow as you like, when you're done, press X and the mission will restart.

Hope this helps.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sky_RykerXD said:

Yeah a patch came out (back in March?) to fix some stuff like the last area. What's funny, is that area didn't even load for me post patch on a few tries, I was just left with a cliff (no boss area). Getting orbs legit doesn't take too long though...

Interesting considering how old these games are and how long they've been out for PS3/Vita/PS4.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can confirm that I first got 300 orbs using the debug flying glitch (https://youtu.be/BQDM5Rh-Qm0). I got the bronze and silver trophy this way.

After getting 300 I used the L3 + X glitch on the second controller and got the last gold trophy (for having 600 orbs).

It's a bit tedious but doing it this way means you only have to do the flying glitch 100 times rather than 200.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2020-11-19 at 1:35 PM, knicksrulez220 said:

After getting 300 I used the L3 + X glitch on the second controller and got the last gold trophy (for having 600 orbs).

Is it imperative to have a 2nd controller in order to perform this glitch and obtain the platinum this way? Or is there any other method?

I’m just wondering because my 2nd controller is busted and really difficult to use right now. The left d-pad button is stuck in place, and so whenever I plug in the controller it just scrolls through menus automatically. I’m not sure I’d even be able to use it to press L3 + X since it’s in a constant state of wanting to scroll left/down. 

• 3 months later...

Can somebody please explain to me why i cant get the flying by holding down L2 and R2 to work?

Non of the stuff your supposed to be able to do in the game while debug mode is activated works for me.

I can get into that menu where you can choose level select and the cutscenes and other stuff and i can hold down L2 and R1 for those extra options in the pause menu but flying and the other stuff your supposed to be able to do while playing the game refuses to work.

Can somebody please help me?

Can somebody please explain to me why i cant get the flying by holding down L2 and R2 to work?

Non of the stuff your supposed to be able to do in the game while debug mode is activated works for me.

I can get into that menu where you can choose level select and the cutscenes and other stuff and i can hold down L2 and R1 for those extra options in the pause menu but flying and the other stuff your supposed to be able to do while playing the game refuses to work.

Can somebody please help me?