The future of gaming is scary

patrickogorman19

If those games only qualify as "decent" your standards seem unreasonably high. Some four-five games a year that stand the test of time as classics has, unfortunately, become the norm since approximately 2007. This year has just had more high-profile failures than usual, is all.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, patrickogorman19 said:

Triple A games ... there hasn't been great games unlike last year 

As someone who likes to see all the data for such a claim, I'd love to see the list of ALL PS4 AAA games released in 2018, then the list of ALL 2019 AAA games released so far in 2019. It'd be great to do an actual comparison, even if it'll always it'll always be completely subjective based on personal preferences.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

What are you on about? There have been several amazing games that have released this year that are just as good if not better than the ones you listed. Devil May Cry 5, Resident Evil 2, Sekiro and Days Gone to name a few. We've also got Outer Worlds and Death Stranding releasing soon and they're both shaping up to be some great experiences.

The only games that are complete garbage are generally the ones being published under the usual suspects like EA, Activision and Ubisoft. 

Those companies you have listed have copped a lot criticism however games like FIFA and COD sell well every year anyway. Most people never heard about devil May Cry 5 or Sekiro.

• Like 2

Looking at OPs profile even if a never good game was released ever again, you missed so many good games from past years it would take you forever to get through them all. Even just this year you missed a bunch of good games.  Also I reccomend trying out some indies Remnant from the ashes and Risk of rain 2 are a lot more fun than most AAA games I have played recently.  

28 minutes ago, patrickogorman19 said:

Those companies you have listed have copped a lot criticism however games like FIFA and COD sell well every year anyway. Most people never heard about devil May Cry 5 or Sekiro.

You said there weren't any great games this year when there are. Of course they're not going to be as recognized by the casual audience over games like FIFA and CoD, but they're not some niche titles that are only selling a small number of units. 

FIFA and CoD selling well every year doesn't come as a surprise to me. Casual audiences will eat up whatever these franchises spit out every year. I don't blame Activision, EA or any of these other companies for trying to implement microtransactions or cut corners when there are a bunch of players that are willing to support them or forgive them for whatever they say and do. I would say that's what makes the future of gaming seem bleak in addition to the PC culture that's been invading Western games in particular.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Remember guys, you have the option to speak with your wallets. If you don't pre-order games, purchase tacked-on DLCs and gobble up micro-transactions, we may get better games.

Agreed, I buy all games 2nd hand, get DLCs on sale and have never bought a micro in my life!!

• Like 3

I kinda like that the games industry is turning into crap. Let's be real, every gamer has a backlog which provides him/her with thousands of hours of gameplay. You also don't feel the need to play new stuff anymore and you are not afraid of missing out new things if almost every new game is bad. Let's have another game crash, focus on what's really important and we will be fine. Furthermore Nintendo and Sony are still great companies who release fantastic games. So only focussing on them and some other small companies should be okay. And if you have played almost every game buy old consoles. ;)

What I find pretty sad is that the middle ground seems to be gone in terms of what kind of games come out. In the PS3 era you had games like Driver San Francisco, Enslaved, Majin and the Forsaken Kongdom, Nier, Alice Madness Returns and so on. Now it's either indie or Triple A.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Looking at OPs profile even if a never good game was released ever again, you missed so many good games from past years it would take you forever to get through them all. Even just this year you missed a bunch of good games.  Also I reccomend trying out some indies Remnant from the ashes and Risk of rain 2 are a lot more fun than most AAA games I have played recently.  

Don't forget Children of Morta. That is number 2 for me so far this year behind Sekiro. 

Edited by Killbomb
  • Like 1

Your logic is flawed. Games getting worse review scores doesn't mean games are getting worse. Review scores count for... well... nothing at all actually. Actually play the games yourself and value your own opinion over the opinion of some rando that you've never met on the internet.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Kapika96 said:

Your logic is flawed. Games getting worse review scores doesn't mean games are getting worse. Review scores count for... well... nothing at all actually. Actually play the games yourself and value your own opinion over the opinion of some rando that you've never met on the internet.

Indeed, I personally just love throwing my money at every game I find interesting without reading reviews so I can just judge it  myself! Said no financially reponsible person ever

• Like 4

On 10/24/2019 at 7:21 AM, patrickogorman19 said:

Spiderman

What????? That stupid spider-dude compared to:

RE 2 Remake, Kingdom Hearts 3, Borderlands 3, Death Stranding, Code Vein, Days Gone, CTR, MediEvil, Greedfall, MK 11, Shenmue 3, Metro Exodus, Sekiro and Concrete Genie?

I'm definitely curious to know how are you LOL

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Took out abusive language
  • Like 2